Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weasyl
    Tango

A few moments of beauty

There are many different sources of beauty out there. Be it a painting, a story, or something that you just happen to see that just strikes you in a way that you can not help but stand there in awe of it. There is one song that I have found that this rings true to me for. I'm sure there are others but this one just stands out among the others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aeo86iOS0QU

What brings a tear to your eye or just stirs you in sure a way as no other story, poem, painting or other art form can?

Please, no Zoolander jokes. You people are better than that after all.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I like when sunlight sifts through the trees, or shimmers over the water.

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    Oh my God Susan Boyle! I thought I was the only one. That woman is SUCH a dear. : D
    The way Kyle Landry plays the piano has captivated me for years, he is my favorite youtube musician.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80eFXnb9Uro
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Sunset over the mountaintops, every single day is one I can think of at this moment.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    As lame as it sounds, I love days that are about 50ishF outside with a breeze and wispy cirrus clouds. It's my favorite kind of weather, especially during early-mid spring when all the trees are blooming. I loved to go into Rochester during those days, they have a lot of pretty gardens with flowers and flowering bushes and trees. Sadly I can't go there anymore.

I also love nights in early July. It's not as humid (usually) as it is later in the month, and because I live by a river there are tons of fireflies outside at night. The street I live on is also pretty dead so it's nice and quiet. If it's not sticky outside I like to walk at night at that time, it's really pretty.

Lastly, winter sunrises and sunsets. Something about the contrast of the colors with the ice and snow makes it all the better.

Music, particularly violin music, is one of those things that has a really profound effect on my mood. Getting slightly misty-eyed is pretty common with certain kinds of music, and nothing else really has that same effect.

Weasyl
    Vae
    There are a lot of things, and nearly all of them are nature / scenery related.

Waking up early in the morning, watching as night slowly gives way to blue hour, which slowly gives way to sunrise.

A quiet, still, semi-dark morning / day / evening when untouched snow has covered everything and is still softly falling, and sparkling like glitter in the streetlights / houselights.

Going down to the river rapids secluded by trees, and sitting on the rocks that surround them and just listening to the water.

Being close to the mountains, in general. This is one of the reasons why I may regret leaving Colorado if I do, because I always catch myself staring off into the mountains. I go out for smoke breaks just to give myself the excuse.

Similarly, going up INTO the mountains, or on top of a rock formation or cliff face or hillside, and just staring out into the surrounding landscape.

Going out into the woods with only the sound of a soft summer breeze and a few bug and bird calls to keep me company.

A particularly starry night, especially if the Moon is full. When we went camping in the mountains, the sky also had somewhat of a "galaxy" effect at night, which I'd never seen before and just completely floored me.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Antronach
    Foggy mornings, especially when there's busy traffic and the streetlights are still on.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Stormy weather. I can't tell if you feel the same way, but a rainy day for me is both beautiful in a visual representation, and soothing when you listen. It leaves me in great awe.

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    The only thing to me that has managed to be tear-jerking is Nirvana's song Even in His Youth, but the most recent thing I've found to be perfectly beautiful is the upcoming game Bravely Default.