Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hobbies!

Computer programming (mostly for web, but sometimes in non-web languages, my favorite language is Python), playing the cello, photography.

I do other stuff too, but that's what takes up most of my time.

Weasyl
    Meii
    Cooking, photography, events like Rocky horror and concerts, and in the summer time I love going to the beach c:

Recently, I've been doing a lot of bicycling. I also spend a lot of time at car and motorcycle shows, car photography is a passion of mine.

My main thing is swing dancing, which I do at least once a week at the local ballroom.

I think maybe my most odd hobby is mermaiding (though, maybe it isn't odd for a furry) I have a mermaid tail that I go swimming with. :B

Weasyl
    Brace
    Last edited by Brace; 10-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    Well gee, lets see. Drawing, though that's something I wishfully would like to do as a career. But aside from that, I also do tabletop stuff, used to play in a Pathfinder campaign, also played in a Dark Heresy campaign, I LOVE painting miniatures and would love to be able to model them as well. As far as what table top games I play, I started with Warhammer 40k, played a mixed tactic Space Marine army. Sadly I rarely won a game... Eventually I turned and played Warmachine, I started a Menoth army and eventually bought a Khador army, I also bought a box of the Warmachine board game Grind (ended up with a second copy because the first one was slightly damaged). Warmachine seemed a better game for me, I won more games playing that than when I played 40K. After a while of that I tried Infinity, which was pretty fun, bought myself a starter box for that, but that was about the time my job started and I lost my gaming day. Oh, and Malifaux, that was a very unique and fun tabletop game, used a deck of playing cards instead of dice.

Aside from my tabletop hobby I, like just about everyone else, plays video games, though I do have a love for older stuff, SNES era mostly, I also try to collect those gems when I can. I also collect gundam figures and models, my next target being the 1/144 scale RX-78 Dendrobium (not sure how many of you know your gundam, but google shall enlighten X3)
    Had I the money and the space for it, Legos and Slot cars are a couple more hobbies I have/would love to invest time into.

I think that's about all that I can think of right now, though I'm sure there's more XD

I do math all day long.

Weasyl
    Sneak
    I collect and show model horses and rake in considerable cash for doing so.
    I also ride and train real horses. I don't compete with them anymore... far too expensive, risky, and opinionated.

Those are the two big ones. I also write and draw

Weasyl
    Remis
    I have so many! I guess it all can be summarised into "learning," because that's what I mostly do, really. History, economy, finance, (quantum) physics, chemistry, cryptography, philosophy, anthropology, linguistics, formal logic... I love learning about all of them! I'm doing maths on this one website, and it's pretty awesome, though I mostly do it to make learning programming easier for me. Which is another hobby and my current favourite! I'm taking a free online course called CS50x, which teaches basic computer science and is generally pretty great! I'm also trying to learn Python (I agree with Syfaro; this is favourite programming language so far, hahah), JavaScript/jQuery, HTML and CSS. Then there's learning languages, which has become quite the obsession, really. It started with me wanting to learn Italian and fiddle around a bit with Arabic (such an awesome language, oh man), and currently it's Japanese and Old Norse.
    And then there's drawing, of course, which has stuck with me for five years or so; all my other hobbies are relatively recent in comparison.
    So yeah!
    昔者莊周夢為蝴蝶,栩栩然蝴蝶也,自喻適志與,不知周也。俄然覺,則蘧蘧然周也。不知周之夢為蝴蝶與,蝴蝶 之夢為周與?周與蝴蝶則必有分矣。此之謂物化。
    ー 莊周。

Avatar & character ganked from Andrew Hussie.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #39
    Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by Remis
    (quantum) physics
    This is amusing to me, having taken QM classes and being in a particle physics class right now. I always found it to be the most interesting part of the physics curriculum, if only because you can draw a lot of strange conclusions from the mathematics if you want to, but it's more or less impossible to know what's actually going on at that level.

Hm... hobbies. Well, writing, drawing, a little bit of archery (that's a recent discovery), reading, video games (NES and SNES, mainly... I'm a child of the 80's and 90's), learning languages, cooking (a very practical hobby, if I do say so myself), and maybe some other things. I used to play the bassoon, contrabassoon, and trombone, but I haven't had much opportunity to do any of that lately, which makes me sad. Some day I want to blow a bunch of money on a crumhorn and learn to play that.

Weasyl
    Nitro
    Most of my hobbies tend to be creative in nature! Writing, drawing, making digital art, some simple game mods. Rhythm gaming is also pretty high on the list.

I also get a pretty huge kick out of philosophy and science in general! It has only fueled my undying love for science fiction.