Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    N/A
    I learned how to cook fried potatoes properly (they use to always be so hard). Now I just need to learn how to keep the garlic smell off my hands, blah~

I learned that a tablet is more portable and just more pleasant to use than a netbook. No wonder the former devices drove the latter into extinction...

I also discovered that Valentine's candy hearts no longer taste like chalk and contempt. I tried the "Sweetheart" brand and they're actually quite decent, with a strong fruity tang reminiscent of Starburst fruit chews. I was surprised, and impressed!

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I learned that the 2nd version of Lunar Silver Star Story's first remake on the Sega Saturn has higher-quality graphics than the final version on Playstation, though the downside is that it's a Japan exclusive. Story is after making the sequel, they wanted to remake the first game with more modern hardware since the first two games were on the Sega CD, so they made a first version on the Sega Saturn but the animated cutscenes (which are amazing for the time. Heck, they're still beautiful by today's standards) could only take 1/4 of the screen so they waited till Sega Saturn developed MPEG technology and made a second version, but by then they knew the Sega Saturn was a flop so they made a final, downgraded version for the Playstation and that's the one that got localized.

Meet Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, which used to be the 2nd most expensive Playstation collector's item after Megaman Legends... it could sell for around 200$ in mint condition but nowadays but you can't even sell it for 70$ because emulators are more popular than physical copies.

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyWoods View Post
    I learned that a tablet is more portable and just more pleasant to use than a netbook. No wonder the former devices drove the latter into extinction...

I also discovered that Valentine's candy hearts no longer taste like chalk and contempt. I tried the "Sweetheart" brand and they're actually quite decent, with a strong fruity tang reminiscent of Starburst fruit chews. I was surprised, and impressed!
    Why doesn't this exist here, we still have the chalk candies :c. Or we used to but since nobody was buying 'em because they're so terrible, they stopped selling 'em years ago.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I learned that it is illegal for the official American Flag to be taxed. (Like, not replicas but those big-ass ones meant to fly/hang)
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    DivinePrince
    Puberphonia is a voice disorder where a man has a young/girly voice because their vocal chords haven't developed the way they normally do.

I was looking up if a guy can have a girl's voice. Guess what, they can!

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by DivinePrince View Post
    Puberphonia is a voice disorder where a man has a young/girly voice because their vocal chords haven't developed the way they normally do.

I was looking up if a guy can have a girl's voice. Guess what, they can!
    In ye olden days some places like churches and operas intentionally effected this or something similar in men by castrating them as boys so that they kept their young voice through their entire life. ; o ;

Weasyl
    DivinePrince
    I remember reading about them. They are the Castrati. The last true castrato died in the 1970s, I think.

This was because the male parts, have the main testosterone producing material. I forgot what it was called.
    Last edited by DivinePrince; 02-02-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    Just an elusive non-anthro artist passing through.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Xolani
    Today I finally managed to articulate a rolled R into Kurwa (the Polish generic expletive like "Fuck!" in English) in a way that sounds both natural and pissed off.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Lions steal more hyena kills than the other way around. Half of a lion's diet is stolen, whereas 20% of a hyena's diet is stolen.

Not something I learned today, but a couple days ago.