Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 420
  1. #91
    Senior Ley's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Ley
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    o-hey-o
    Posts
    140
    TIL i can draw portraits pretty well.


  2. #92
    Regular Bark's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Bark
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    52
    TIL that despite being at a school held highly for the intelligence of its student body, there are a good number of people here that have no common sense. Today we watched a movie in my Social History of Animation class – The Adventures of Prince Achmed. A silhouette animation made using paper cut out puppets. It came out in 1926 and was a silent film.

    Someone asked after if the artist, Lotte Reiniger, used a laser cutter to cut out all of the paper.

    I just. What?


    :v I don't know what I was expecting after a poll given to the incoming body of freshman computer science majors revealed that many of them thought that the internet was invented in like, 2001 and that Twitter existed before the internet was invented (in 2001).

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    TIL that despite being at a school held highly for the intelligence of its student body, there are a good number of people here that have no common sense. Today we watched a movie in my Social History of Animation class – The Adventures of Prince Achmed. A silhouette animation made using paper cut out puppets. It came out in 1926 and was a silent film.

    Someone asked after if the artist, Lotte Reiniger, used a laser cutter to cut out all of the paper.

    I just. What?


    :v I don't know what I was expecting after a poll given to the incoming body of freshman computer science majors revealed that many of them thought that the internet was invented in like, 2001 and that Twitter existed before the internet was invented (in 2001).
    Haha, I can verify this one. Never confuse textbook intelligence for practical intelligence. I went to a good university and the general idiocy about practical life from the kids there just blew me away. Not everyone, but damn just so many sheltered kids.

    TIL that money is exactly like alcohol, they're both push-up bras for your personality. Some things you read, I swear...

  4. #94
    I learned not to get mad at someone who gets the job, that I should've had...

    Oh well.... Lets try another one >>

  5. #95
    Senior BlissfulOblivion's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Droughtland, USA
    Gender
    Ufufufufu...
    Posts
    1,121
    I learned that my art is finally good enough to be liked by some people ; v ; even if I still think it's kinna bad

  6. #96
    Queen in the North Chuchi's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Chuchi
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    134
    TIL that Nexon is an evil, horrible, soulless pile of shite and I hate them. ene'

    Now excuse me while I go be bitter elsewhere on the forum.
    ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Something interesting about myself.
    ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

  7. #97
    Senior BlissfulOblivion's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Droughtland, USA
    Gender
    Ufufufufu...
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Cseritos View Post
    TIL that Nexon is an evil, horrible, soulless pile of shite and I hate them. ene'

    Now excuse me while I go be bitter elsewhere on the forum.
    oh god what are they doing now :v I haven't checked in for quite a while

  8. #98
    Queen in the North Chuchi's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Chuchi
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    oh god what are they doing now :v I haven't checked in for quite a while
    They took over a game I used to play a while back and I was thinking of getting re-involved. Well, it looks like it's all EU based now buuuuuuuut I can't get in. And I'm in Euroooope. Looked everywhere for a solution, nada. Tried to submit a ticket, the page just loops me around and laksdjföalksdgjaösdlgkj doesn't accept my ticket.

    /insert Kirk picture
    NEXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
    ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
    Something interesting about myself.
    ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

  9. #99
    Viking of Weasyl TangoDelahunt's Avatar

    Weasyl
    Tango
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    358
    I learn that if you add just a little oregano you can add up to 10% weight on an ounce without affecting to quality. Thanks Vice Channel!
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

  10. #100
    Senior Ratte's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Ratte
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Minot, North Dakota
    Gender
    lol
    Posts
    445
    I learned that 5-hour energy shots still have that gross bitter/vitamin-y taste as I remember them having back five years ago. At least sipping it has helped me stay awake this morning.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •