Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    I'm thinking of making the leap from oils to watercolor, hows that WC book in the top picture?

Also, whats your opinion of Classic Human Anatomy?
    I really love both books. The Watercolor book still gets quite a bit of use when it's not on the shelf. I learned a lot with it and I still have much to learn from it today. I highly recommend that book. The way she breaks down what kind of properties certain colors have (ex. sedimentary pigments) wasn't something I thought about with colors

Classic Human anatomy is an extremely organized book. I really like it. I do not regret the purchase. I still think you might want to get another anatomy book for other resources and such but this is like a really good encyclopedia of terms and things you find in all anatomy books. I think that's what makes it so special from other books out there. It's like you pick up an old book like Bridgman or some other book recommended and you go "huh" because of some terms or meanings. Classic Human Anatomy is there to fill in the voids and explain it in layman's terms.

Also, not pictured is a recently purchased book Frank Frazetta's sketchbook.

OH and tell me about Udons Capcom art!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    OH and tell me about Udons Capcom art!
    Udon is very interesting since some of those people I remember back during the time of internet when everyone was using Tripod. The book isn't Classic Capcom art if you're looking for Bengus, Daigo, or Shinkiro, it's more of the "new" generation. It's still a good art book. I know that one artist Arnold Tsang used Painter a lot so I learned by one of his tutorials on the web. I think the site is dead but I may still have his old tutorial on me somewhere.

Cool, thanks for explaining those...think I will pass on the Capcom book. The other 2 I will keep a look out for.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Cool, thanks for explaining those...think I will pass on the Capcom book. The other 2 I will keep a look out for.
    Parka has some pages up on his book review site you can look at for the Watecolor book. http://www.parkablogs.com/content/bo...eptional-color
    Last edited by QT Melon; 02-05-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Wow, that -does- look great!

hows the ultimate encyclopedia of ancient mythology? is it collection of stories or more of how they came to be? or a list of characters and monsters? I already have a mythological monster book and one with origins of stories and heros, looking for one full of stories

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I would say it's more of a list of various myths and monsters. I wouldn't say it's comprehensive. I wouldn't say this is the book you're looking for as they are more like an ...well Encyclopedia. I keep the book as a starting point to research into other books and cultures. For example Persian mythology in book form is not as easy to find even though I have a couple of books on it now.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I would say it's more of a list of various myths and monsters. I wouldn't say it's comprehensive. I wouldn't say this is the book you're looking for as they are more like an ...well Encyclopedia. I keep the book as a starting point to research into other books and cultures. For example Persian mythology in book form is not as easy to find even though I have a couple of books on it now.

Ah ok, I already have a few different books like this, but they can be great for finding inspiration, ideas and getting out of a block.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    Ah ok, I already have a few different books like this, but they can be great for finding inspiration, ideas and getting out of a block.
    I bought mine off the discount shelf. I think I only paid 20 for it or less than that. I miss Borders, but I believe Barnes and Nobles has the same kind of shelf. It's great for inspiration and reference. If you see the first shelf of this series I have a book on Weapons where I also found on the discount shelf