Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    HTDM: colorful costumes, is that any good?

Same question for the anime and game characters books.
    It was an okay book. The reason most of them are on my bottom shelf is because I didn't find them too useful for the price. I didn't mind the NEW ones as much but for the most part avoid them. Unless you wanted a collection of screentones which is why I got some of the books.

The Queens Blade books I got for inspiration, I like F.S. Illustrations quite a bit even if the girls tend to have a bit of a derpy face. I would prefer eyebrows not looking like Groucho Marx.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    The Queens Blade books I got for inspiration, I like F.S. Illustrations quite a bit even if the girls tend to have a bit of a derpy face. I would prefer eyebrows not looking like Groucho Marx.
    lol

lol what is extraordinary chickens? The title itself is intriguing with the fact that its an art book. It is actually about how to draw chickens and other feathered friends?

Weasyl
    Ouiji
    How is the perspective drawing book? I've been working to adjust proportions correctly, any particularly good tips there?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouiji View Post
    How is the perspective drawing book? I've been working to adjust proportions correctly, any particularly good tips there?
    I like this book but the wording can get confusing I do think there were more interesting books. I think if you use this book, get Perspective Made Easy to go along with it so you understand the concepts more if it gets too technical.

One of the tips I like is about sketching a little more rapidly to get a basic idea out using perspective. One of which is letting lines go over the length you intended to. I think it helps because you get less hairy lines when drawing.

I may have not gotten this book if not for the fact it was half off the price it was normally selling for. I was also disappointed to find it lacked curvilinear perspective. I had to get that from this book http://www.amazon.com/Vanishing-Poin.../dp/1581809549 (I have somewhere just need to see where I placed it since my former roommate loved to go through my stash).

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    lol what is extraordinary chickens? The title itself is intriguing with the fact that its an art book. It is actually about how to draw chickens and other feathered friends?
    Ah, missed this one!

Extraordinary Chickens is a photo book, of...well amazing looking chickens. I love looking at the book for inspiration and reference. I never new there were so many fancy chickens. Polish Frizzles and Silike chickens are so cute. They look like little muppets. I think Gonzo would have found a new friend with them.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Ah, missed this one!

Extraordinary Chickens is a photo book, of...well amazing looking chickens. I love looking at the book for inspiration and reference. I never new there were so many fancy chickens. Polish Frizzles and Silike chickens are so cute. They look like little muppets. I think Gonzo would have found a new friend with them.
    O that is pretty interesting, there are so many animals we don't get to see, or even hear about!

Those art books look great, I love some art book but I dont have space for them. I'm lucky the library here often has one or two I can borrow, and sometimes they are opened in the store so I can still look xD

Weasyl
    QTMelon

I'm thinking of making the leap from oils to watercolor, hows that WC book in the top picture?

Also, whats your opinion of Classic Human Anatomy?