Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I bought mine off the discount shelf. I think I only paid 20 for it or less than that. I miss Borders, but I believe Barnes and Nobles has the same kind of shelf. It's great for inspiration and reference. If you see the first shelf of this series I have a book on Weapons where I also found on the discount shelf

ah yes, my friend actually has that book. We don't have a barnes and Nobles here but we do have other similar stores. I am going to be near it on Tuesday I'll see what they have.
    I actually bought all my encyclopedia like books such as these on discount, great to have.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Sorry for the low level lighting but here's the next shelf of books. they're sitting in an area that's harder to get lighting in.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    What's the one that says HANDS, and the bottom four with the crazy squares for a title?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Hewge thank goodness. This place is positively flaccid without you!

Twitters | Tumblrs

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    What's the one that says HANDS, and the bottom four with the crazy squares for a title?
    That's actually Drawing the Head and Hands by Loomis. It's from this set right here: https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...ll=1#post44715 I always wanted to own a copy and legally since the last copy of Loomis' books were at a public library, slowly wearing itself to bits.

The bottom four books in the photo above you are Robot. It was an anthology of Japanese colored comics and pinups. The ones above that were a Korean version called Apple. I haven't seen them published anymore in English which is a shame, but I did enjoy them for art inspiration.

I love seeing all the 'how to draw manga' books - they sometimes have good tips here and there, but I mainly liked to buy them for the images to try and spark some inspiration. I also bought the Art book for The Last Airbender - I cannot express enough just how inspirational that book was to read about their challenges in making the series.

What is the book 'Rough Work' by Frank Frazetta?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejoker View Post
    I love seeing all the 'how to draw manga' books - they sometimes have good tips here and there, but I mainly liked to buy them for the images to try and spark some inspiration. I also bought the Art book for The Last Airbender - I cannot express enough just how inspirational that book was to read about their challenges in making the series.

What is the book 'Rough Work' by Frank Frazetta?
    Yeah I'm resurrecting an old thread to answer this. Rough Works is basically a Frazetta sketchbook. It's one of my favorites to look at cuz you kind of see his thought process on preliminary drawings.

Is figure drawing for dummies really the best book on the topic?