Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Ask about an Art Book on my shelf

Last edited by QT Melon; 01-13-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I have that Extreme Worlds book, as well as a book entitled How to Cheat at 3ds Max 2010! But I can't read many of those titles very well.

Say, how's that For Dummies book on figure drawing?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    You should be able to blow up the image if you open the link since it is full sized. I will try to number them later.

I personally didn't enjoy the For Dummies book. I felt the drawings were too crude for my liking. The paper quality didn't feel good either. If I didn't have better books I may have liked it more.

The Extreme Worlds book I bought as a show of support and reminder to keep drawing. The author of that book had come down with a form of ALS and can no longer use his hands or feet to draw.

Whats in the imagineFX book? Is it a collection of their tutorials and how to's?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    So about that golden book in the middle.

Any drawing trick to absorb from it?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Whats in the imagineFX book? Is it a collection of their tutorials and how to's?
    Yes it is the book is Fantasy Workshop: Mastering Digital Techniques.

It is a collection of tutorials from previous magazines. Unfortunately it doesn't come with the DVD material which makes some of it confusing. You can find some of the supplemental material on their site I think. They revamped the site so I am not sure.

Zeitzbach. That book has helped me with some manga I read and some books on the bottom shelf I have yet to post. I got that book at my art school when I took an elective language class.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-13-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Ooh! What about "How to Paint Like the Old Masters"?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    What about that pink one?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    Ooh! What about "How to Paint Like the Old Masters"?
    I love that book. Sheppard has practical advice that helped me move forward to learn. His figures and work aren't cutting edge. It made learn to see.

I put a lot of his methods in to use with Painter. I learned how to paint grapes. I felt so proud lol. I should find that study.

I feel I outgrew his book a bit so I put it on that shelf along with his figure drawing books. Still I will go through them from time to time.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-13-2014 at 07:48 PM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    What about that pink one?
    Virtual Pose Duo comes with a CD/DVD (which I have to figure out where I put the disc - but I always make backup copies of the material) I did not get this book at the price it was selling at (35) I often used coupons when I went to Borders before it went out of business to get books at half the cost. The book itself was a small collection of poses. I got it mainly for the CD which contained a 3D turnaround of the poses in the book. I with there were more poses and different body types. I was a bit put off that the book is filled with just White people, mainly because I was trying to study different skin tones.

To help with the top shelf. The book next to Ancient Egypt is an Art Book by Claire Wendling - http://stuartngbooks.com/sketchbooks...g-daisies.html there is also a sketchbook that's very thin by an artist named Emily Warren/frozenlilacs.

The book next to Imagine FX is Weaponry an Illustrated history.

The book next to Manga Cross Stitch is a Google Sketchup Book