Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Aakosir
    I get irritated by a journal like "so leik im opn 4 commishes!". I have seen one like this too... I really wanted to remove the person from my watch list, but their art is really good.

Weasyl
    Charrio
    What gets me or grinds my gears, it the whole being told what i can do with a item I bought.
    Limiting the pages you can upload to or not even able to crop and make a Icon, depending on the artist some tie you up in all this, you can only do this or that.

Honestly It turns me off right there, If i sell a painting or picture I give it to the client.
    The character isn't theirs of course if it's one of mine or such, but the image is theirs to do what they want with.
    If they want to draw mustaches then fine, no loss to me they already paid me.

Not to mention if I was really worried about online theft and such, I wouldn't post online.
    Some clients don't want their stuff online and I respect that since it's their choice.
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Charrio View Post
    What gets me or grinds my gears, it the whole being told what i can do with a item I bought.
    Limiting the pages you can upload to or not even able to crop and make a Icon, depending on the artist some tie you up in all this, you can only do this or that.

Honestly It turns me off right there, If i sell a painting or picture I give it to the client.
    The character isn't theirs of course if it's one of mine or such, but the image is theirs to do what they want with.

Not to mention if I was really worried about online theft and such, I wouldn't post online.
    Some clients don't want their stuff online and I respect that since it's their choice.
    Some people crop or alter art they bought making it look rather horrible. I can understand why an artist may not be happy with someone changing a piece they put time to without asking them first. Many of them will crop it for you for free

emergency commissions/sob stories - because to often I see them take money for the "emergency" and not deliver art for months or even years and even if they do do them as soon as possible they take way more then they can handle just so they can get the money.... it just bothers me....

Putting down their art - if they are saying things like "I know no one will buy but...", or other things that suggest the hate their art or want to make people feel sorry for them I don't buy. Main reason they normally get discouraged and don't finish them or get mad at you when you ask about progress after months of waiting.... saying things like "I have a life you know" or "I just can't draw right now"....

If it's too cheap - Most of the time I just feel to bad giving them so little... so if I do commission them I often end up giving them more after they finish it~

If they seem to think they are the best thing ever - I just don't want to give mean people my money.... I don't enjoy people that treat their fans/commissioners like they are dirt. I also dislike it when they will only sell to popular people and skip the little people every time even when they say first come first serve....

If they don't allow me to use it - like if I can't re upload to my character website even though I credit...

If they sell prints or the original art of my character - to whoever they feel like... It's my character and I don't want everyone to have art of them that will not tell them it's my character!
    Last edited by PlusCandy; 01-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I dislike sob stories and also people that make endless commission journals, sometimes several times per day, or if the site is one that re-notifies everyone when they edit it and they edit it several times a day. It will cause me to unwatch people.

Weasyl
    Charrio
    Quote Originally Posted by zenia View Post
    I dislike sob stories and also people that make endless commission journals, sometimes several times per day, or if the site is one that re-notifies everyone when they edit it and they edit it several times a day. It will cause me to unwatch people.
    I have to agree on the sad story one, seems they come up all the time, didn't know sites inform people on updates to an image.
    I know I have fixed a flaw and quickly made a edit once i saw it.

Also your Avatar rocks, her little dance is cute
    Take a gander at my Gallery here, hope you like and brings a smile.
    https://www.weasyl.com/~charrio

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Charrio View Post

I think the only situation where I'd tell someone what they couldn't do with work I'd made for them would be to ask that they not sell prints.

... Not that they would be likely to, and it's not like I would sell prints of someone else's character, but I guess it's the principle of the thing. It's your character, yeah, but I did all the work! P:

Other than that, yeah. Moustache, crop, and upload (with credit) away, man.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    I think the only situation where I'd tell someone what they couldn't do with work I'd made for them would be to ask that they not sell prints.

... Not that they would be likely to, and it's not like I would sell prints of someone else's character, but I guess it's the principle of the thing. It's your character, yeah, but I did all the work! P:

Other than that, yeah. Moustache, crop, and upload (with credit) away, man.
    Well I had a friend that did a commission for someone. This person wanted "dicknipples" on his character. He said no he doesn't draw that kind of stuff, yet the guy agreed to commission him anyways knowing full well he would not get his "dicknipples". When the commission was said and done he went around saying the artist did the commission wrong in attempts to vilify him as a non listening artist and wanted people to edit his image.

I also know of another issue where someone did not draw certain kinds of artwork and someone wanted cub in it. He had altered it to feature that kind of work and the artist was harassed or asked by other people getting the wrong impression from that alteration that the artist was into cub artwork.

So I do think artists have a right to ask you don't alter their images without asking first. People shouldn't act like that extra communication is a burden. I think that sends the wrong impression of a vendor and client relationship. Should it be that the only time you're worth talking to is only when money exchanges hands, or should you maintain a professional (not personal) relationship with the people you hire?
    Last edited by QT Melon; 01-27-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Well I had a friend that did a commission for someone. This person wanted "dicknipples" on his character. He said no he doesn't draw that kind of stuff, yet the guy agreed to commission him anyways knowing full well he would not get his "dicknipples". When the commission was said and done he went around saying the artist did the commission wrong in attempts to vilify him as a non listening artist and wanted people to edit his image.

I also know of another issue where someone did not draw certain kinds of artwork and someone wanted cub in it. He had altered it to feature that kind of work and the artist was harassed or asked by other people getting the wrong impression from that alteration that the artist was into cub artwork.

So I do think artists have a right to ask you don't alter their images without asking first. People shouldn't act like that extra communication is a burden. I think that sends the wrong impression of a vendor and client relationship. Should it be that the only time you're worth talking to is only when money exchanges hands, or should you maintain a professional (not personal) relationship with the people you hire?
    I... wow. Okay. Those are really valid reasons to ask for work not to be modified; I didn't even consider those kinds of situations. That is profoundly shitty.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post

Yikes that's horrible.

I think its fair for the person to re-post, and crop the image for whatever they use it for, they've paid for it. When I hear people doing this kind of stuff it just makes me sad.
    I think it is fair to ask that if the image be altered to link or post the original along with it, though I feel the person who purchased the work would not be obligated to do so.

I have had a person tell me that I could not display work that I did for them, that was also quite upsetting. Thankfully they stopped annoying me about it, considering they did agree to my terms of service, but what a hassle. Its not like I was selling their commission to anyone else.