Weasyl
    chocomage

New guy here and I don't know how to title.

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site, if it wasn't apparent. I am a 24 year old noob to the art world trying to teach my self to draw. I live in the north west of the united states. (Washington state) I spend the vast majority of my time enjoying a few drinks or playing video games. the rest of my time is usually spent at the kitchen I work in. I am a really friendly person and I am usually always up for conversation (Send me a message if you want to chat, I'm not good at approaching people.)

Basically I only draw on my days off from work. I use a wacom tablet but I have been too nit-picky about my things so far so I end up deleting or abandoning a lot of it. Eventually I would like to make clothing with my designs or characters on them, but until I know what I'm doing that's a long shot. I got a pretty decent silk screening set up in my place, and a buddy that knows exactly how to use everything! The only thing I need to do is hone my drawing skills.

I look forward to meeting some new people! Hopefully I will see you around!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Hi, dude. Welcome to Weasyl.

Weasyl
    ThunderTheKayleolf
    Hey mate! Welcome to Wazzyl!

If you're new to art, I can highly recommend making a sketchbook-thread for feedback. Plus, you'll get loads of interesting links and tutorials thrown at you that way. Another tip, pertaining the "getting nitpicky and deleting my drawings": save the sketches, get back to them later. My best work has come from drawings that I wanted to scrap, but actually kept working on instead of giving up.

And with that being said: welcome to Weasyl! c:

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Nice to see you made it Choco.

Hi, and welcome to weasyl !

Weasyl
    chocomage
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! And its nice to see a few familiar faces!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    If you're new to art, I can highly recommend making a sketchbook-thread for feedback. Plus, you'll get loads of interesting links and tutorials thrown at you that way. Another tip, pertaining the "getting nitpicky and deleting my drawings": save the sketches, get back to them later. My best work has come from drawings that I wanted to scrap, but actually kept working on instead of giving up.

And with that being said: welcome to Weasyl! c:
    I appreciate the input and I will see what I still got so i can throw together a sketchbook in the next few days! I know I got a couple around still. (most are anthro faces I was working on) I think a lot of the things I am being picky about is the art style I am trying to draw. I would be more interested in doing a cartoony style but i always seem to attempt a more realistic style. As stated I'll have examples posted in the next day or two.

Welcome! You succeeded at titling Enjoy your stay!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome, chocolate magician (I know it's chocobo, but this is more DELCIOUS)