Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kik, and the obsession kids these days have with it.

S'alrgiht, I know after the downfall of AIM there's been a lotta chat programs floating around but for some reason Kik seems to be the one all the young'uns are going after. I can't figure out why. Specifically because it seems to just be an AIM clone with a different name, even the sound effect is similar. Is there some kinda encryption technology or interface advantage I'm just not seeing? Also, when are we going to get a mainstream replacement of Skype as the go-to for video conferencing?

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    I hated kik, and it took so long to figure out how to permanently delete my account. I think kids dig it because its compatible with most shit phones as long as they have data.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    I hated kik, and it took so long to figure out how to permanently delete my account. I think kids dig it because its compatible with most shit phones as long as they have data.
    I'm thinking that too, but my common question is why have we moved on from AIM at all since it has literally the exact same features as everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    I'm thinking that too, but my common question is why have we moved on from AIM at all since it has literally the exact same features as everything else.
    One reason is likely "Because my friends use it".

I mean... isn't that one reason you're still using a chat program years later?

Weasyl
    willy
    I've heard of Kik but I never knew what it actually was. Now that I do know what it is, I still have no interest in using it

Weasyl
    Fawna
    I used Kik for a while, it was sort of fun... until... you know. It wasn't anymore. I was sent so many penises, I just started saving the images and sending other people's dicks to people who sent me dicks.

It's just a chat application, basically. Talk to your friends on the go. Revolutionary, if you ask me.
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

Weasyl
    Saga
    Because of the group chat feature, but mostly because there is no deficit of horny 13 year olds just begging you to add them so they can send you pics of their dick. After that, they expect unlimited boobs for life in exchange for ab-shots without the abs.

Weasyl
    Fawna
    I'm going to be honest, your signature frightens me...
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

Weasyl
    Saga
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawna View Post
    I'm going to be honest, your signature frightens me...
    i have plenty more