Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Ahh Kik. It's not even the first of the "SMS replacement" apps out there. and not the best or worst. WhatsApp I think was the first one people tried to get me to use. But there's crap like textPlus, Kakao, Tango, Viber, TextMe, and so many more...

Seriously, what's up with all these "FREE TEXTING!!!!!111!1" apps? Do people not have text plans yet somehow have data? Is text messaging a thing that people still pay for? I thought the world moved past that bullshit already.

Not to mention you can't use these on your computer. Seriously, even Skype is better than these things.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    I see Kik chat knocking around people on image boards. Never wanted to use it myself. Anyone I still need to talk to already have AIM. I'm also usually in some sort of WiFi history because of how my daily commute hours so I don't need free text. I keep Mobile IM apps.

Weasyl
    FatalSyndrome
    Kik is a phone app, alternative to texting, especially when connected to Wi-Fi. It wouldn't be a new AIM, since it's only for mobile.

Great for people who don't have texting or limited, not necessarily just a 'kids these days' thing. :B Sometimes plans screw us over. I'd rather not pay too much for texting when I literally only text one person, so why not a free app that works and is ad-free, not to mention never crashes?
    Last edited by FatalSyndrome; 01-20-2014 at 10:21 PM.

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    I just use Google Voice as a SMS alternative. o3o

Weasyl
    Caenish
    I gave it a go myself a little while back and didn't find it to be anything really special. It's okay and it works well for what it is at least, but I only had like 2 people on it so I stopped using it as I had them on other IM services anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalSyndrome View Post
    Kik is a phone app, alternative to texting, especially when connected to Wi-Fi. It wouldn't be a new AIM, since it's only for mobile.

Great for people who don't have texting or limited, not necessarily just a 'kids these days' thing. :B Sometimes plans screw us over. I'd rather not pay too much for texting when I literally only text one person, so why not a free app that works and is ad-free, not to mention never crashes?
    Why not AIM? In fact why not Zoidberg? Also who only texts one person.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD