Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    Just a note, but this apps do combine moderating forums and mainsite, but we are mostly looking for mainsite mods. we're not really splitting it and saying "okay now you get forum, and you get mainsite"

I figure you probably didn't mean that but wanted to make it explicit for other applicants.
    Oh yeah, I knew that. I figure moderating the mainsite wouldn't bee too much different, anyway. The layout may be different from a forum, but the moderating basics are still there. When I say "forum" you can just assume I mean the mainsite as well. I frequent the forum more than I do the mainsite, though I am going to start using it more regardless.

Weasyl
    Tango
    Well, I've been building up a bit of modding experience so I think I'll have a better shot this time. We will see.
    Courage, truth, honor, fidelity, discipline, hospitality, self-reliance, industriousness, and perseverance are pretty good traits to live by, don't you think?

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Having a crack at this. I've got quite lengthy experience moderating on forums (and limited experience on another furry art site), and it would be good to contribute this to the community.

(Yes, I know I've been idle on the forums, I have a tendency to read rather than post if they're attached to a site).

Weasyl
    Rinzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    Just a note, these apps do combine moderating forums and mainsite, but we are mostly looking for mainsite mods. we're not really splitting it and saying "okay now you get forum, and you get mainsite"

I figure you probably didn't mean that but wanted to make it explicit for other applicants.
    Now I'm just more confused. Are you saying that those chosen as moderators will be moderating both the main site and the forums, or are you saying that there are different applications for each? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinzy View Post
    Now I'm just more confused. Are you saying that those chosen as moderators will be moderating both the main site and the forums, or are you saying that there are different applications for each? ._.
    These moderators will be doing both with a focus on mainsite moderation - is what I got from that.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinzy View Post
    Moderators will be on both mainsite and forum. Their primary role will be on the mainsite, but yes, they'll have moderator status on both. There's no different applications for mainsite and forum- they're combined into one application.

Weasyl
    LeitonGrey
    Can't imagine that I'll get picked out of the crowd that's applied, I'm just glad to see so many people wanting to make this site a nice, safe, secure, and friendly one.
    Nuts.
    That is all.

Weasyl
    LowLeeWolf
    Have a bit of modding experience and just did a full move from the "other" site. Might put an app in. Looking forward to this site continuing to be a safe place for everyone.

Weasyl
    Mayhem
    Can I just be a forum mod instead?

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #50
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Can I just be a forum mod instead?
    We aren't really looking for forum mods right now, we have more than enough. The application is for main site moderators primarily.