Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    "2001: A Space Odyssey" is excellent. I haven't seen it in a while, though.
    I was so young when I watched it. I never understood the trippy part in the end

I'm personally offended that neither Bill and Ted movie are on the lists.

PERSONALLY
    OFFENDED

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
    I'm personally offended that neither Bill and Ted movie are on the lists.

PERSONALLY
    OFFENDED
    Waynes world needs to be up there too.

Weasyl
    aetius
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    No way man, it's Turkish Rambo.
    Turkish ET.

Interesting.

I haven't seen any of those movies, although I plan to. I'm really interested in seeing what made them the best.

My favorite films list is comprised primarily of Wes Anderson films and Midnight in Paris and Hugo. All of them are excellent. The Wes Anderson films are ones that I appreciate especially, because they were primarily what I studied in a film study class that I took around two years ago. Studying them helped me really appreciate film. THEY WERE MY FILM GEEK GATEWAY DRUGS.

Weasyl
    Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Interesting.

I haven't seen any of those movies, although I plan to. I'm really interested in seeing what made them the best.

My favorite films list is comprised primarily of Wes Anderson films and Midnight in Paris and Hugo. All of them are excellent. The Wes Anderson films are ones that I appreciate especially, because they were primarily what I studied in a film study class that I took around two years ago. Studying them helped me really appreciate film. THEY WERE MY FILM GEEK GATEWAY DRUGS.
    I won Bottle Rocket in a creative writing class. I've not been let down since.

Kevin Smith was my gateway drug though. Clerks was what I watched while I went to sleep for years. Dogma was my favorite film for like 6 years straight. Mallrats is the high end of low expectations. Kevin Smith ruined me with big words. I've yet to recover.
    Look at all the fun we're having.

Weasyl
    Term
    Surprised this year they went with Vertigo and not Kane. Kane I think should be mandatory for anyone wanting to get into film if for no other reason than the cinematography. Wells' directorial decisions concerning camera angles being used to emphasize authority and submissiveness as well as a grand story of a media mogul being destroyed by his own success and ambition is just too good to put into words.

Personally I would have liked to have seen 12 Angry Men on the list as well, probably one of thes best examples of "less is more" since nearly the entire movie takes place in a single room with 12 dudes around a table trying to figure out the guilt or innocence of a young man.

I think anyone who hasn't seen half of the films, especially on the director's top 10 is doing themselves a grave disservice. Everyone has to see Tokyo Story, The Godfather, Taxi Driver, Apocolypse Now, Citizen Kane, and Vertigo. You just have to.