Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: electro-swing

Ain't nothing wrong with normal swing!
    Ever listened to gipsy swing? It's all guitar, some bands have great guitarists that make me very jealous of their skills.

I feel you all might appreciate this. Two, very well packed albums of electro swing music, for free. For free. Can't get much better than that.

Go download/stream em here.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    Ain't nothing wrong with normal swing!
    Ever listened to gipsy swing? It's all guitar, some bands have great guitarists that make me very jealous of their skills.
    Django Reinhardt is possibly the greatest guitarist that's ever lived, or is at the very least up in the debate for that. Minor Swing is just sublime, especially when Stephane Grapelli played along on the violin. Have a bunch of Reinhardt's stuff on my playlists and sometime in the future I want to try playing some of his music; could only ever wish to play 1/10th as good as him, sadly.

This genre fusion is pretty cool, though. I'll keep looking into it.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Django Reinhardt is possibly the greatest guitarist that's ever lived, or is at the very least up in the debate for that. Minor Swing is just sublime, especially when Stephane Grapelli played along on the violin. Have a bunch of Reinhardt's stuff on my playlists and sometime in the future I want to try playing some of his music; could only ever wish to play 1/10th as good as him, sadly.

This genre fusion is pretty cool, though. I'll keep looking into it.
    I actually learned the first two minutes of minor swing on my guitar, it's so much fun to play!
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    I actually learned the first two minutes of minor swing on my guitar, it's so much fun to play!
    Oooh. Is this something I could listen to somewhere that you've posted? Did you figure it out by ear or use sheet music? Maybe I'll be able to give it a try too sooner than I thought, although I'm nervous!

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Oooh. Is this something I could listen to somewhere that you've posted? Did you figure it out by ear or use sheet music? Maybe I'll be able to give it a try too sooner than I thought, although I'm nervous!
    Sorta by ear, I had some help from somebody way more advanced than me though. I haven't really recorded it yet, but I totally should. I think one of these days I'm gonna record myself playing the rhythm and then play to that and dub it over so that both guitar parts are me.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I've been thinking about trying to play Jolie Coquine by Caravan Palace but I don't have sheet music and I suck at playing by ear :c

Weasyl
    Not-a-DJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezenerate View Post
    I feel you all might appreciate this. Two, very well packed albums of electro swing music, for free. For free. Can't get much better than that.

Go download/stream em here.
    Thank you for making my day better. <3 This has been gradually becoming my favorite genre of music, always looking for more.

Weasyl
    Kirpet
    I had never heard of electro-swing until this thread, y'all have seriously made my day!

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirpet View Post
    I had never heard of electro-swing until this thread, y'all have seriously made my day!
    Spread the word man, it's a wonderful genre!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb8ToOlkRjI