Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Saiko
    Quote Originally Posted by TealMoon View Post
    With avatars the only thing that happens is that is how I picture the user in my head.
    I'll second this. I rarely draw a connection between an avatar and the user apart from it being that user's "face" in a sense.

Weasyl
    Rain-Wizard
    I tend to use an avatar to identify over a username. Makes it easier to see who's posted...fucks me over when someone changes theirs :L
    "Disciple of the cross and champion in the suffering, immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption. Harden your mind through the chains of the divine; Make way for the shepherd of fire"

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    I tend to use an avatar to identify over a username. Makes it easier to see who's posted...fucks me over when someone changes theirs :L
    Yea I tend to do this as well haha.

I don't really expect anything either way. I'll associate the character in the avatar with the user but that's a fairly obvious thing to do. I mean people started calling me a robot now because of my avatars :(

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Avatars (and names) are something that we choose to express some aspect of ourselves. More often than not I find it rings a little personal crystal, however delicate, quite true when you observe. What you choose to represent yourself with will always speak volumes, just like how you choose to present yourself in person.

Weasyl
    TealMoon
    Quote Originally Posted by RainWizard View Post
    I just changed mine. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Avatars (and names) are something that we choose to express some aspect of ourselves. More often than not I find it rings a little personal crystal, however delicate, quite true when you observe. What you choose to represent yourself with will always speak volumes, just like how you choose to present yourself in person.
    I want to be a green dragon-guy voiced by littlekuriboh. With a beard that makes the ladies swoon.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    No, I don't judge and assume things of someone based on a 150x150 picture and the things in their gallery. Or at all, really.

Weasyl
    Fawna
    With the choice of username and that icon, I suspect Hewge is huge...
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Weasyl
    Taw
    I just associate the avatar with the person, and memorable ones means I wont need to glance at their name to know who they are. If it's a character in the avatar, that's who I associate them with and such, sort of like what Fiz said.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Obviously people like certain avatar choices because what they chose has someting in it that resonates with something inside them. That's why we like things in the first place. That's also why people who like the same things tend to have other things in common with each other.

It may be minor or it may be major, but in a way, one's avatar choice is very much a part of them.

I sometimes wonder what mine say about me to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Obviously people like certain avatar choices because what they chose has someting in it that resonates with something inside them. That's why we like things in the first place. That's also why people who like the same things tend to have other things in common with each other.

It may be minor or it may be major, but in a way, one's avatar choice is very much a part of them.

I sometimes wonder what mine say about me to others.
    Well I know a good deal about you so your avi might give me a different impression than it would to others.
    To me these say you like ww2, booze and have an ok attitude.
    Others might just focus on the fact these people are nazis.