Weasyl
    KumatoraKazooie
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    I get so many comments on this icon. XD
    Goofiness, Lough-out loud art and the occasional piece of fan art

Weasyl
    Infestissumam
    stepping on the crowtche owf your americain presidaint
    I tend to assume that the person that comments on my page is an artist as well. Most of the time.

I usually think of the term "dont judge a book by its cover".
    Get to know the person, then the face in front of it

Weasyl
    Littleredridinghood
    The way I see avatars on art sites is generally an interest that people have. If it's a photo of a character, then I generally take it that it's a character that they either have as their 'sona, or it's a character that they just really like. I don't generally look at the quality of the picture that they have up, however there are one or two instances that I can say otherwise towards... for example, there are two artists that I've seem people use art from as avatars; and I generally avoid the people with those avatars, because from my experience they're all roughly the same.

Expression of the avatar is a big thing though. If it shows a really happy character, then I tend to assume that the person is generally happy. But if the avatar has some weird kind of 'directly after orgasm' look... well... I might be a little leary of them.

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    I don't really assume that the user was the one who drew the avatar, but I'm more likely to click on pretty, funny and well made avatars, and ones that aren't recolours.

Weasyl
    Hlavco
    If I deal with a person a few times, their avatar ends up representing them in my mind. It's more fun to think of somebody as some crazy animal thing than as a normal person sitting behind a computer. Easier for me to remember, too.

If I happen upon a stranger in a comments section with an avatar that I particularly like, I will usually visit their gallery in hopes of finding more similar pictures. Tends not to happen, though.

Every icon I use on forums, art communities and the like is usually always mine but on messengers it might sometimes differ such as if I found something funny between a few friends but I rarely use an icon I didn't make myself. The one I have right now is one I made myself. I typically make an icon of every art I have (aside from uncolored) because I usually switch it depending on my mood, but I rarely ever change the ones I use for art sites because it's typically how people identify me.

I've always been like that. XD
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    N/A
    Like some others have said, I mainly just associate their avatar with the face of the user. Personally, I've just got a moogle in mine cause he's been with me since forever. Even if my username isn't related (which is unlikely), I'll usually have this avatar rockin it'.

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    Monster face avatars are the best avatars. Nothing says "I'm a decent, interesting person" like an unsettling grin full of teeth.
    Yep, my favorite as well!

I typically associate the avatar with the person, even if it's not a face (like mine). So when they change it I get confused for about an hour.