Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quinnspiracy: somehow this is still going on.

So in case you've been living under a rock or don't really care bout video game media, essentially what happened was SJW Zoe Quinn, the independent "developer" of Depression Quest, a text-based snore-a-thon that makes people with depression out to be useless socially inadequate children, slept with a number of people to further her own career. This included a married man who was also her boss, gaming journalists, and all the time lying to and manipulating her boyfriend. This shouldn't be surprising as anyone who's actually bothered to read articles coming out of the bay-area dominated sewer line that is gaming journalism will know that the publishers and indie devs are all in bed with one another, it's just that now we know they are LITERALLY in bed with each other.

So this isn't really news. What is news is how the gaming journalism community responded. With a tactic almost blatantly ripped off from the Big Three, they hunkered down in their bunkers, formed a united front, and refused to comment on the topic, going so far as to ban its discussion. This happened not just on their own sites but reddit and even 4chan. FUCKING 4CHAN. This was the culmination of years of pent up anger at the gaming journalism and indie scene, starting obviously with Anita Sarkeesian and her bullshit 2 years ago. Now the floodgates are open as the internet and gaming journalism's critics refuse to let it die. MundaneMatt, InternetAristocrat, the above linked Sargon of Akkad, and even (I think) JonTron have all weighed in and sunk their teeth into this shining example of people not knowing that their audience is tired of their bullshit.

Since then the dogs have been unleashed, and to further cement the notion that all these people know and pat each other on the ass on a daily basis, they release their articles on the same subjects, with the same talking points, at the same time. "Gamers" are dead, gaming isn't what it once was, gaming culture needs to evolve, and passing every criticism off as trolling which they inevitably block because god forbid a dissenting voice be heard in the hallowed halls of their opinion. They lend no credence to their cause by doing this but are instead just trying to whitewash the entire event, cherry-pick information to propagate while letting other vital pieces die off or going so far as to dismiss them as false when evidence exists they're not.

This is the fucking problem. This is why we cannot have new game devs producing things which might IN SOME WAY be construed as bad or wrong or not socially balanced enough by the ranting lunatics at Kotaku or the like. They can't take the heat, they don't have the industry leverage to overcome it. This is why game devs like Ed Boon are a dying breed. Not because there's no market, MK9 and the GTA series prove there is, it's because it doesn't fit the agenda. We can't have honest critiques of the gaming culture when tits like these exist who claim that gaming culture either doesn't exist or consists entirely of disenfranchised women and overbearing manchildren. We can't discuss the distressing lack of quality control on the evolving mobile platform when people keep trying to justify shit like Candy Crush, Farmville, and Depression Quest as actual video games that deserve equal consideration to MMOs and big name franchises like Persona and Final Fantasy.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    keyra
    what are you even trying to say here, that indie game devs shouldn't exist because of potential criticism? are you placing the blame on them?

what? i can't even begin

i think this is actually a matter of people getting into bullshit that isn't their business and manifesting justifications for completely inappropriate behaviors towards individuals who really don't deserve it; not to mention already having odds stacked against them because of an exceptionally lopsided industry that only serves to further disenfranchise subversive creativite efforts and the minority identities that are represented through them

get this garbage out of here

Keyra I'm saying that indie game devs should be making games they care about that target a demographic they want, not constantly worrying what the cabal of SJW critics are going to say about it.

This is bullshit people NEED to get into because it displays how many conflicts of interest exist in the upper echelons of the gaming community. These journalists and indie devs affect the market, what they do can determine who's games get played and who's don't. When they're all lining up like this and forcing the same parroted opinion down the gaming community's throat, it's dishonest professionally and ethically. They're the ones trying to disenfranchise the massive body of gamers that actually enjoy playing games the industry THEY HELPED FUND AND CREATE is giving them.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by keyra View Post
    what are you even trying to say here, that indie game devs shouldn't exist because of potential criticism? are you placing the blame on them?

what? i can't even begin
    only if they're women FAKE GAMER GIRLS OUT TO RUIN A MAN'S INDUSTRY
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    I can't believe someone hacked a feminist campaign (The Fine Young Capitalists)
    That's been proven to be Zoe and her fuckbuddies acquaintances.

Anyway, this whole thing is really exposing what those cancerous SJWs are like, I love it. For a bunch of people who love diversity and tolerance so much, they're sure quick to drop their tolerance and start sending death threats and massed personal attacks when they're faced with diversity of thought.

I haven't followed these events too closely, but I did see threads get taken down on 4chan.
    I'm REALLY surprised to see that happen, especially on /b/ where everyone hates eachother equally and live in set harmony.

I don't like how she's dealt with criticism. The game is legit bad.

Weasyl
    keyra
    oh hey https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/09/death-to-the-gamer/

also i'm very much enjoying how vague the 'sjw' label has become. what better way to devalue any derogatory meaning than to apply it to so many people.

i'd be very pleased to have this industry dismantled seeing the kind of people that support it and try their darndest to discredit feminist/queer analysis on any matter related to them or their precious games

--edit: Here's an article that hasn't been brought up by the videos i've seen yet but does well to address most if not all of the things here

burn it all to the ground
    Last edited by keyra; 09-02-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    inb4 this gets represented as advocating the literal execution of everyone who plays video games

also i'm very much enjoying how vague the 'sjw' label has become. what better way to devalue any derogatory meaning than to apply it to so many people.
    it's always been a slur for delegitimizing any and all anti-racist, anti-sexist, etc. advocacy, and always will be
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    To be honest, I think 4Chan banning discussion of ZQ is probably just a trolling tactic. I can't imagine they actually give a shit about not hurting her feelings.
    What I found a bit humorous was that when JonTron made a "retarded" comment that was taken out of context when it was meant to be facetious, people flipped their fucking shit. Yet when this chick goes around and rapes her boyfriend (by her own words), ruins marriages, and ruined a charity for her own gain, there is a line of people ready to lick her ass. On top of all this, she doesn't ever apologize or accept blame and wants to claim that "my brain is messed up". Unlike JonTron???!?!?!? Yet people want the dude's head on a fucking pike?

Don't even get me started on Anita Sarkeesian. What a piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    That's been proven to be Zoe and her fuckbuddies acquaintances.

Anyway, this whole thing is really exposing what those cancerous SJWs are like, I love it. For a bunch of people who love diversity and tolerance so much, they're sure quick to drop their tolerance and start sending death threats and massed personal attacks when they're faced with diversity of thought.
    This
    It was Zoe Quinn lol. She got the charity runner's dox leaked, too during the whole thing.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Keyra did you bother reading about, or watched what TA even posted?
    I very much enjoy how vague the "misogyny" label has become, what better way to devalue it's meaning than to apply it to so many people...

Quote Originally Posted by www.jacobinmag.com: death-to-the-gamer
    https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/09/death-to-the-gamer/
    "Gamers won’t die because there will always be, in capitalism, people who define themselves by what they buy"
    Gamer's don't define themselves by what they fucking buy. They define themselves by what they do, enjoy and value. This also applies to many other groups, labels and sub/cultures...
    IF you define yourself solely by what you buy, especially so you can "fit in".
    Makes you a poser, a fake, a fraud. Your source also goes on to say that even calling yourself a gamer is "unhealthy" and even vacuous. "It’s a demand for a Huxley-esque perpetual childhood."
    I call bullshit.

(RANT) What's exactly "childish" about games, being a fan or a hobbyist. The term gamer is a broad one - it doesn't only encompass digital games, nor one genre. Play or playing is important in humans. Regardless of who, age, what and of how it takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by www.jacobinmag.com: death-to-the-gamer
    As it turns out, some of her relationships were with industry journalists, including one at a major outlet. After the news broke, the gamer community took a sudden interest in journalistic ethics, demanding people be fired and harassing Quinn with an unrelenting viciousness.
    (Game-dog beat me to the punch...)
    Obviously there's nothing wrong with a Game Dev cheating on her Boyfriend with journalists. To get positive reviews & advertising for her own game. Not to mention, raping him by her own standards. THEN destroying 2 gaming campaigns that benefited female audiences, that amounted over $400,000.00 .Only later to get donations for her own female gaming "campaign". That she used instead for her own personal piggy bank...

Oh sweet irony.
    Considering all the shit slinging and empty accusations, that male game artists & devs receive from their kind. They're getting exactly what they deserve, and then some.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 09-15-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: derp, gamedog beat me to the punch.