Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
    Here is my chance to shine! Have you tried the Ogre Battle series? It's by the same guy that created FFT and is a mix of that game and Fire Emblem. Most of it can be played on an emulator and there is a PSP remake of Let Us Cling Together if you like shiny graphics. Atlus have Devil Survivor, which is part of the Megami Tensei series but you don't need knowledge of games in the previous series as DevS is in another universe from say, the Persona games. Better yet, both games can be emulated and there is an "enhanced remake" for the 3DS too. Advance Wars, by the same people that made Fire Emblem, is a neat little series too. Those are the ones I liked on the top of my head, so if you want any more RPG suggestions I'd be happy to give them!
    Urgh, I don't like the Ogre Battle serie. It's all politics, politics, and some more politics, followed by more boring and bland text than actual gameplay.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Telling me about how cool ogre battle is
    I suck with emulators and computer programs and stuff, could you perhaps also help me locate exactly what is happening o:

If you do then you will be my new favourite until Tango posts again

Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    I suck with emulators and computer programs and stuff, could you perhaps also help me locate exactly what is happening o:

If you do then you will be my new favourite until Tango posts again
    If you have windows it should be pretty easy to find good emulators. The first two (March of the Black Queen and Let Us Cling Together) can be run by ZSNES and Ogre Battle 64 can be run by Project 64. It is up to you if you want to play the Wonderswan one as that is more of a side story. The GBA one (which was my first GBA game) can be run by VirtualBoyAdvance. Just google the ROMs, they should not he hard to find. Emulators for all current and past game systems (I already told you the best ones) are available on Emulator Zone/. The ROMs should not be hard to run.

For DevS I recommend using desmume as all the DS games run smoothly on it. The remake of Let Us Cling Together is on PSN for $16 but if you want to emulate PSP its a bit of a hassle tbh but there are guides online.

**Edited

Urgh, I don't like the Ogre Battle serie. It's all politics, politics, and some more politics, followed by more boring and bland text than actual gameplay.
    I love political storylines, I think it adds more juice but opinions is cool.
    Last edited by Drifloon; 08-05-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    oh wow! okay thanks forever :3

You're my favourite customer

<3 <3 < 3 hart <3 :3

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    ROMs
    I love emulating old games as much as the next guy, but discussing where to obtain ROMs is actually illegal and can get Weasyl in legal trouble, so you should probably edit your post. It shouldn't be a problem for anyone reasonably resourceful (yarrrrr) and internet-savvy anyways.

Fortunately, the emulators themselves are legal and can be discussed freely. :3
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Orcs Must Die is something you might be interested in, you have the place traps and the sort as well as work along side your traps to kill off hords of orcs trying to infiltrate your base. It's 2-player Co-op so you can play with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    I love emulating old games as much as the next guy, but discussing where to obtain ROMs is actually illegal and can get Weasyl in legal trouble, so you should probably edit your post. It shouldn't be a problem for anyone reasonably resourceful (yarrrrr) and internet-savvy anyways.

Fortunately, the emulators themselves are legal and can be discussed freely. :3
    I have edited the post, I apologize.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    Orcs Must Die is something you might be interested in, you have the place traps and the sort as well as work along side your traps to kill off hords of orcs trying to infiltrate your base. It's 2-player Co-op so you can play with a friend
    Is it like Dungeon Defenders then?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioCatastrophe View Post
    I support Orcs Must Die.

I haven't finished it, but I did enjoy what I played a great deal. c: The sequel is on its way, so that's also cool.