Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Tybalt

Looking for game: Your chance to be useful for once

Okay hi so my name is Tybby

Or Tybalt

You can call me either whatever your preference is

I would like to play game. The kind of game I am looking for would be a combination Strategy and RPG, similar to fire emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics A2

I've looked online for something like this but all I get is RTS, which I'm not so good at :{

I like taking my time with decisions, ja? Not so much this "you will only win if you can do 500 actions a minute"

I recently came into possession of some funds, a paltry amount of which could be spent on games

So could anyone recommend for me a turn-based, strategy RPG? Preferably a good one, and not this facebook 20 energy and 1 energy per hour pay money to do things forever or wait lol kind of stuff

If there's anything good on Steam that would be cool too, but if I pay money for a bad game I will be very disappointed >:{

Recommendations all the time posted now yes please

Weasyl
    N/A
    I can't recommend any Strategy RPGs, but there are some cool strategy turn based games otuer there.

Endless Space, Frozen Synapse, those are the first two to come to mind. Though Ednless Space requires a lot of tutorials, and Frozen synapse can be really frustrating. That's all I got.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I recommend Dragon Age. It may not be turn-based, but you can pause it any time you want to, to select actions and stuff, so it's basically turn-based.

It's also a masterpiece that will easily take up 100 hours of your time, if you don't take advantage of the high replayability.

Weasyl
    ChitterBox
    Super Robot Wars. It'd probably be right up your alley, and there are a number with translation patches. Give 'em a go, especially if you dig giant robots.

Edit: I should probably say what they're for . You can find a few on the GBA, and a few on the PS1 that are translated. The others, sadly, haven't been and probably won't be for some time.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    If you're into modern warfare I'd suggest Battlestations: Pacific where you can use strategy as well as play as a unit, though I think you're more into the fantasy genre. Just throwing it out there. c:

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Fallout 2, on the off-chance you haven't played it already.

I'm looking for more of these types of games too, especially if they have a rich and compelling storyline.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    I can't run fallout on my laptop :{

All these other games cost cash money, pon pon wei T.T

Fallout 2 runs on practically on a potato.
    Maybe there's an online version of Risk you can play. All the games I think of cost dosh

Have you considered Roguelikes, like ADOM or Dungeons of Dredmor?

I have an abusive relationship with ADOM. In over 10 years I have not won the game once, and I pick it up again every few months just to be reminded of why it's such an amazing game AND TO RAGE OVER WHY IT IS SO NINTENDO HARD (at least strategy is involved, somewhat...).

Here is my chance to shine! Have you tried the Ogre Battle series? It's by the same guy that created FFT and is a mix of that game and Fire Emblem. Most of it can be played on an emulator and there is a PSP remake of Let Us Cling Together if you like shiny graphics. Atlus have Devil Survivor, which is part of the Megami Tensei series but you don't need knowledge of games in the previous series as DevS is in another universe from say, the Persona games. Better yet, both games can be emulated and there is an "enhanced remake" for the 3DS too. Advance Wars, by the same people that made Fire Emblem, is a neat little series too. Those are the ones I liked on the top of my head, so if you want any more RPG suggestions I'd be happy to give them!