Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    It really depends what the stress is. I find that if I'm mildly stressed, I tend to suffer more because I can't focus, I find even simple house work becomes quite overwhelming and I get behind etc which in turns leads to further stress. However, if I then end up in a very stressful situation, that seems completely overwhelming and I don't know how to deal with it, I find that my previous inability to cope with things goes away, because those things now seem insignificant to the larger stress. If that makes sense

Otherwise, for general day to day stress... I do my hobbies. I go out and do bird watching and photography and simply forget that the rest of the world exists for a couple of hours. Then if I come home with some nice images or some nice experiences, it really helps Often I can't draw when stressed, probably too tense or something.

Weasyl
    DivinePrince
    I take a slightly high dose of SSRI medication.

I have stress, but my Anxiety is far worse.
    The joys of being mentally disabled due to an Anxiety Disorder.

I throw my hands in the air and go "oops lol" and take my meds to make me sleep.

Not working so much.

Weasyl
    Daisy La Liebre
    Anxiety is something I need to focus on managing better, especially my OCD. It takes forever to leave the house because of that.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Going to mention another good idea for relieving stress is exercise and that good one is swimming. Just having a wee paddle at the swimming pool and doing lengths holding your breath underwater without pressure is another way to clear your mind of ill thoughts from the day. Really, just feeling that cool water along your eyelids and all over and feeling like floating onto the water is just tranquility.

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    I deal with stress quite badly, as I just bury myself under tons of work, dealing more and more stress... But the cool thing is when I get rid of it all, I just feel good about myself... Until I'm bored and just decide to ask for more work. Cannot live doing nothing, which is a bit annoying.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    I have magic little pills for stress, prescribed of course. Non of that whack street stuff.

I think I'll second 'apathy' and 'vidya geams' ,tho I think apathy is very hard to pull off.

Noting feels better then punching Heimskr in the face while going for a walk in Whiterun tho.

My biggest stress is people not liking me. And not in the way that they look at me and judge me for my clothes or looks (or anyone I graduated with for that matter LOL whocareswhattheythink) but when they either misunderstand something I say to them or I lashed out at them in anger. For instance, my husband's mother is probably one of the meanest people I have ever met. To me, specifically. I've watched how she interacts with friends and family, and even MY friends, and she's like an angel to them, but when it comes to me, she pokes, lashes, and her words cut me open. And it keeps me up at night. I'm constantly aware of how much she hates me, and on top of that, I can truthfully say I have never done anything to make her feel this way. However, I have fought back and defended myself. We don't talk to each other anymore, but just the thought that she doesn't like me when I believe I'm a fair, kind person gives me a lot of anxiety.

It's not just her, even people on the internet. I shouldn't care what some stranger behind a screen thinks, but I do. A lot. Just a few weeks ago on DeviantArt, I discovered an art thief and demanded that they take down the stolen works, and it turned into this big thing where they made a journal to attack me after I blocked them. I should've let it go, but the thought of other people reading that journal (which was all lies anyways) and getting the wrong idea about me and even not liking me upset me so much, and after the anger wore off, I even befriended that person later because I just can't stand to have bad blood between myself and someone else.

I would much rather make friends than enemies, but I realize not everyone will understand me, and not everyone is going to like me (cough-mother-in-law-cough). I guess the only way I know how to handle it is to either try to make amends and if that doesn't work, let time soothe my anxiety. I could be stressed about getting in a fight with someone earlier that day, and the next, my feelings won't feel so raw and I'll be less stressed out about it. They're right when they say time heals most wounds.

I will also add this. Never comment on a Yahoo! news article. The people there are so malicious and it doesn't even matter if you agree or disagree with the article. just sayin'.