Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #111
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Nowadays I often use Weasyl as a way to relieve stress. I spend a lot of time with browsing and the forums and talking to staff. Doing these things is very good for relieving stress.

I also greatly enjoy playing Pokemon and Skyrim. I watch/listen to Achievement Hunter videos. And I haven't done art in weeks but it's often helpful as well.

Weasyl
    RMC
    Tuggin it.

Alright, I actually enjoy watching people on vinesauce and twitch play games and stuff and playing games to relieve stress. I dunno what it is, but watching someone else play video games is so much more therapeutic.

Weasyl
    Sarukai
    Today is not one of the best days. I got a lot of stress from having so many 1000-word essays to do at a constant rate in college. Not only that, but having so much work makes me unable to do artwork for people and it makes me feel a little bad. The fact I cannot do what I want to relieve stress means it's all work and no play. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
    will also add this. Never comment on a Yahoo! news article. The people there are so malicious and it doesn't even matter if you agree or disagree with the article. just sayin'.
    "I don't care if you agree with me! I just want to prove I'm more right than you!"

Weasyl
    Ween
    Quote Originally Posted by Migoto View Post
    I will also add this. Never comment on a Yahoo! news article. The people there are so malicious and it doesn't even matter if you agree or disagree with the article. just sayin'.
    Seeing as the entire blog economy is based around winding people up and siccing them on each other in comments sections, this goes without saying.

i've had quite a few serious issues with anxiety in my time, but the one thing i find that really helps deal with it is keeping busy at all times. make sure i never get up with absolutely nothing to do in the day... have as many projects going as i can handle because music, at least at the moment, very rarely gives me any serious anxieties.

i guess this is more of a prevention than a stress relief method... but i find punk rock really helps me. listening to bad religion has never yet failed
    when i was 15 i cut myself a mohawk because i wanted to walk the walk and not just talk the talk, but it was a bit of a disaster because i did the sides with kitchen scissors. i didn't have any clippers and i didn't want to use a beard trimmer

Weasyl
    Greg Striata
    I used to run.

Now I bottle everything. It's stupid but it works until I can go home and cry.
    Well... there's this one thing.

There's this one place I used to visit every weekend, every holiday. Beachside town. I'd stay there with my dad at my stepmom's villa and just cook, or go out and appreciate the sights. Sometimes, when I have money on the odd occasion, Ath and I still visit there. We usually end up walking along a pier, or sitting at a beach eating gelato, or viewing a few of the art galleries. It's one place that never changes, I always hold it dear to me. If I ever have the money to get a place, I'll be there.

Until then, I'll just sit in my bed curled up and push myself to the point wehre I'm almost crying, because I don't seem capable of actually crying.

My councilor has been teaching me to practice mindfulness.

That is to let things just pass by me, rather than letting them bother me, and to examine them to find out what about them causes bother. This is largely because I care too much about most things, you know the whole "you can't ignore something until it goes away"

I realized recently that it's ok to ignore some things, particularly those that cause me grief for no good reason. It's ok to avoid things/people/activities that make me unhappy. If I have a thought or experience that would stress me or make me unhappy I'm encouraged to let it pass and ask myself what about it is causing me to feel bad, and to avoid engaging the thoughts because I have trouble letting them go. (I have a very abusive internal monologue, or rather used to have, I don't have intrusive thoughts as much anymore and I've been happier in general most of the time).

She's also encouraged me to get medicated again once I am able to, but I couldn't afford to start taking medicine again, my body has had negative side effects or seen no effect from everything that has been tried so far, and it's pretty cost prohibitive to change medicine every couple of months/weeks.

I also feel like some things about my head have been permanently changed by some of the medicines I had to take, so I partially just don't want to take anymore. If I'm in a depressed stage, it gets hard to concentrate, and it starts to feel like the weird "brain storms" or whatever I'd get when they had me on SSRI's. Which is a really frustrating and uncomfortable feeling. (At least it doesn't spread to my muscles anymore but I still hate it).
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    My councilor has been teaching me to practice mindfulness.

That is to let things just pass by me, rather than letting them bother me, and to examine them to find out what about them causes bother. This is largely because I care too much about most things, you know the whole "you can't ignore something until it goes away"

I realized recently that it's ok to ignore some things, particularly those that cause me grief for no good reason. It's ok to avoid things/people/activities that make me unhappy. If I have a thought or experience that would stress me or make me unhappy I'm encouraged to let it pass and ask myself what about it is causing me to feel bad, and to avoid engaging the thoughts because I have trouble letting them go. (I have a very abusive internal monologue, or rather used to have, I don't have intrusive thoughts as much anymore and I've been happier in general most of the time).

She's also encouraged me to get medicated again once I am able to, but I couldn't afford to start taking medicine again, my body has had negative side effects or seen no effect from everything that has been tried so far, and it's pretty cost prohibitive to change medicine every couple of months/weeks.

I also feel like some things about my head have been permanently changed by some of the medicines I had to take, so I partially just don't want to take anymore. If I'm in a depressed stage, it gets hard to concentrate, and it starts to feel like the weird "brain storms" or whatever I'd get when they had me on SSRI's. Which is a really frustrating and uncomfortable feeling. (At least it doesn't spread to my muscles anymore but I still hate it).
    i'm getting better at this. a year after my own counselling sessions and i'm getting -much- better, but it's been very very slow work
    when i was 15 i cut myself a mohawk because i wanted to walk the walk and not just talk the talk, but it was a bit of a disaster because i did the sides with kitchen scissors. i didn't have any clippers and i didn't want to use a beard trimmer

Stress is why I created Tapon Ru. My anthro wold. And all the characters I imagine being when I think about it. I was dealing with health issues, a very demanding job and a bad marriage. So instead of taking up drinking I decided dementia would be cheaper. And more fun. LOL I've kept the wold peaceful. It's had it's bad moments. But I've used them to reshape and make things better. Even after all that has passed I still enjoy thinking about Tapon Ru. Find myself wandering it's towns and roads. It's still relaxing just to sit back and think. Far better than watching TV.

Some things I've learned to keep a fantasy completely separate from the real world.
    Never fantasize about someone you know. Nor should you create characters based on people you know.
    Never bring problems or situations your going threw into the fantasy.
    Never rely on a fantasy to take the place of what you need in reality.

Now that I've found the furry fandom I'm able to bring one of those characters to life. My fursona is a fantasy character from a world created years ago to get away from the things around me.

I manage to relieve stress by seeing geometrical images in motion. Any sort of GIF that shows this helps me relax and think. Something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/wlHmvmW.gif

I find this so soothing, and I donīt really know why.