Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Weasyl
    Runefox

Reply to thread box not vertically centered in single-page threads

... Yeah, this is OCD talking, but the Reply to Thread box is spaced from the thread itself on the top, but the quick reply box is right up against its bottom. This doesn't happen with multiple-page threads, but on single-page threads the spacing is wrong.

Not a major concern but I figured I'd mention it before my OCD got out of control about it.
    Last edited by Runefox; 01-07-2014 at 01:32 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Could you take a screenshot of this for me and tell me what browser you use as well? I'm not quite certain what you mean by it and depending on the browser I may need to make certain tweaks and such. A screenshot of both a single and multi page thread would work to sort of show me what the issue looks like!

I'll try and fix it when I can, may take a few days 'cause I'm a bit under the weather right now, but I'll try and get it done.

Weasyl
    Maolfunction

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Weasyl
    Taw

Weasyl
    Maolfunction
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Which browser is this in, and what resolution are you browsing the forums in? I'm not seeing anything like that at all!
    Chrome, my laptop's resolution is one of the funky ones at 1366x768. Checked on Firefox and it's doing the same thing for me. When I get the chance, I'll check on my desktop which has a standard 1920x1080 monitor.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Maolfunction's seeing exactly what I'm seeing; I've tried on Safari 7.0.1 and IE11, and both results are identical to that shown in those screenies. It's fine on multiple page threads, but on single page threads, the spacing's off. In this thread, right now, the spacing is off.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Weasyl
    Taw
    Hmm, I'm quite stumped why it's not working for me on any resolution or browser. I'll poke around though and see what I can do. Really unsure how to reproduce this. @_@

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Taw View Post
    Hmm, I'm quite stumped why it's not working for me on any resolution or browser. I'll poke around though and see what I can do. Really unsure how to reproduce this. @_@
    Yeah, I've got it on a 1440x900 MacBook screen and my 1440p Windows PC. Doesn't seem to matter what width my viewport is unlike the other thread I made about the date sometimes breaking layout <1280px width. It's really crazy you're not seeing it; I even cracked open Firefox 26 on Windows and still the same. These are always the fun issues, huh?

Weasyl
    Maolfunction
    What's really odd is that button is the only thing affected as far as I can tell. Usually when elements get squished when they aren't supposed to, more than one thing is affected, but it seems like that one button is the only thing that's getting squished.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Maolfunction View Post
    What's really odd is that button is the only thing affected as far as I can tell. Usually when elements get squished when they aren't supposed to, more than one thing is affected, but it seems like that one button is the only thing that's getting squished.
    To me it seems like the page navigation is padding the entire line; Adding equivalent padding-bottom to the Reply to Thread button should keep it in line without affecting the layout, but then again I haven't looked too closely at the layout to be sure about that.