Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyano View Post
    spanish is a really hard language do not take it in high school
    do not
    Spanish is pretty much the easiest language in existence.

Es muy fácil.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming View Post
    *bump* I've been reading some French lately and I've found that the trickiest part is getting used to the reflexive (se, s') and la/le pronouns. Apart from that and some other small stuff, it's actually a pretty easy language to grasp.
    Vraiment ? J'ai pensé que la plus difficile partie d'apprendre le français pour beaucoup de personnes était quelques choses comme le subjonctif et les temps/modes plus compliqués.
    Et oui, je suis en accord que les genres sont très difficile à apprendre. Même maintenant j'ai des problèmes avec ceux ; o ;

Quote Originally Posted by piñardilla View Post
    Spanish is pretty much the easiest language in existence.

Es muy fácil.
    Yeah kind of. I haven't taken any Spanish courses and I can understand my friends who are native speakers :I Pero yo no hablo español bien. Solo un poco.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    (double post cuz this thread has died sorry)

I have rediscovered duolingo and it has gotten so much better than when I first tried it. It's pretty fantastic imo. I'm using it to relearn French and I'm nearing halfway through the Italian course. I just need somewhere to speak it now

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I'm currently studying German(I'm still a beginner :c ), the most confusing thing for me is the da/wo compounds, and other things I'm having problems memorizing.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    I've been trying to learn Japanese for years, and I mean years. It's been a difficult progress, but I can pronounce most Japanese well, but only know a few phrases so far. Still can't read it yet.

Weasyl
    shiy0
    learning other languages is always fun but learning swedish? sometimes you just stand there thinking somebody talked to you in sims language. i think i even heard some words i've heard in sims before and i still hope that was just my brain telling me so. .-."

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I looked up Irish writing and pronunciation. You pronounce the word "Maedhbh" as "Mayv" and you pronounce "An bhfuil" as "An will".

Why.

Quote Originally Posted by SidewalkSurfboard View Post
    I've been trying to learn Japanese for years, and I mean years. It's been a difficult progress, but I can pronounce most Japanese well, but only know a few phrases so far. Still can't read it yet.
    Japanese is really cool. Can you at least read it in romaji?
    Watashi mo nihongo wo naratteimasu kedo ima chotto nigate desu. Private lessons wo totteimashita kedo byouki ni natta kara yamemashita. Ima kaete naraitai desu.
    Don't worry though, Japanese is supposedly one of the three hardest languages for English speakers to learn (the others being Arabic and Chinese). I commend you for studying it

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #108
    Weasyl
    MLR
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion
    I looked up Irish writing and pronunciation. You pronounce the word "Maedhbh" as "Mayv" and you pronounce "An bhfuil" as "An will".
    If you try to say it out loud like you might in English, it almost starts to make a little bit of sense.
    Welsh is also weird. I still don't get how 'dd' is a 'th' sound, but... sure, okay.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I want to learn Japanese but it's really hard. DX

I thought about this, and my sister really likes the idea. My definition of fluency is learning the language itself and then spending time in the country to learn the slang.

Quote Originally Posted by shiy0 View Post
    learning other languages is always fun but learning swedish? sometimes you just stand there thinking somebody talked to you in sims language. i think i even heard some words i've heard in sims before and i still hope that was just my brain telling me so. .-."
    I think Swedish was one of the inspirations for Simlish along with a few others.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    sayum
    I plan on studying Japanese seriously when I get to college. Right now I study for fun and not particularly hard. I have been learning bits for a long time and I have a good collection of online resources that have really helped (if anyone wants a list just hit me up).

Another language I want to learn is Welsh. Its a pretty language and I am a big Arthurian fan so that's another motivator. Plus Wales is like, my dream country. I could live happily in Hay on Wye.

After that I do not know what else I want to learn. Maybe French.