Page 65 of 424 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    People who hand out religious pamphlets. It just creates more litter.
    Related: Pushy paid charity collectors (also known locally as "cheggers" or "chuggers"). My work depot is at Central Station in Sydney, and I swear I can't even duck up the street without having to dodge the bastards - and they hunt in packs too.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea of contributing to charity here and there, but there's two things I won't do:
    * Direct debits
    * Give money that is only going to be eaten up in administrative overheads - cheggers and the companies that employ them eat up 90% or more of the first 12 months worth of contributions. If you cancel in the first few months, the charity will even make a loss!

At least I can usually ignore them or give off strong enough "fuck off" vibes to be ignored, but it doesn't always work. Saying "I refuse to donate to charities that use paid collectors" is a great way to offend the ones that don't get the hint though!

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Even worse when they hand out a mini-book. Like, damn, I had to bring it home and not throw it away because the one handing it was huge.

I'm sorry but I'm not dealing with the Fist of Jesus.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Carnau View Post
    When I hear/read things from girls saying "girls who don't use makeup are lazy," "girls who don't use makeup just have bad self esteem," and the classic "girl's who don't put on makeup obviously don't care about themselves."

....And I'm all just sitting there.
    Just trying to pretend that I'm not allergic to makeup or anything. @________@;;;;
    Is...is that still a thing?

I have better use of my time that isn't plastering my face with things I can't afford. Makeup is expensive and just such a hassle. Having used it a lot when I was younger I sincerely don't miss it.

Something that's been annoying me for a couple days: Google's site options jumping around on screen. If I want to click "Images" half the time I end up clicking "Shopping" or "News" because for some reason the image option is way on the end instead of right next to Web option. Stoppit.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Having to erase a part of art that you're really proud of because the person you're doing it for wants something different :c I'll always have the original file, though. I will keep you, my precious foot <3

The worst one is the tract disguised as money. Dopes slip it into tip wallets after a meal, and when the waiter/waitress opens it up, expecting a little cash they can bring home to their families or just have a little fun with, they discover a preachy sermon instead. Ha ha! You really pulled one over on me! Just wait here while I call the cops to arrest you for counterfeiting.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    On the other side of the coin, it grinds my gears when people think that wearing make-up is obviously because "your face is hideous and needs to be covered up" or "Ugh, girls should not wear make-up, I prefer the natural look" (also ignoring the fact that what some guys think is "natural" is actually "no make-up makeup"). Or how about: I like being creative and an extension of that is being creative with stuff on my face? And it's not like brown eyeshadows and a red lip are the equivalent of clown-face.

How about we let people decide whatever the hell they want to do with their face?
    Plus: guys who want to make make-up? Go for it. Hell, concealer is a god-sent for insomniacs who want to look slightly less zombie-like.
    THIS.

Also, the kind of guys or girls who are like "guys won't date you if your makeup looks like that."
    Good. Great. I'm glad.
    If I knew guys were specifically going to be skeeving on me based on what kind of painted shit I put on my face, I'd intentionally make it look bad for them. Because I don't want prissy little douchefucks trying to creep on me, anyway. I'd rather spare myself the annoyance, and put a big warning sign on my face that conveys the message "NO. GO AWAY."
    Resident Koopa Trash

Insert Witty Comment Here AndiGreyScale's Avatar
    Weasyl
    AndiGreyScale
    Quote Originally Posted by Uchimi View Post
    You know what REALLY grinds my gears?

People who interrupt. And I'm not talking people who randomly barge right into conversations, I'm talking about where the person who was ORIGINALLY talk had to stop talking IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR SENTENCE so the person who INTERRUPTED would get off their case. I have this friend who, when he wants to say something, will constantly blurt "yeah" until the person whom was already speaking ceases.
    I would just keep talking and get louder every time the person being rude says something. Maybe throw in a few death glares in the process.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I'd rather spare myself the annoyance, and put a big warning sign on my face that conveys the message "NO. GO AWAY."
    Better yet, literally write those words on your forehead with makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    THIS.

Also, the kind of guys or girls who are like "guys won't date you if your makeup looks like that."
    Good. Great. I'm glad.
    If I knew guys were specifically going to be skeeving on me based on what kind of painted shit I put on my face, I'd intentionally make it look bad for them. Because I don't want prissy little douchefucks trying to creep on me, anyway. I'd rather spare myself the annoyance, and put a big warning sign on my face that conveys the message "NO. GO AWAY."
    I've found that darker lipsticks tend to be a perfect complement to "bitchy resting face".
    I can finally read on the train in peace, without some dude to thinking that "headphones+book = invitation to tap my shoulder and start talking to me".

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    I've found that darker lipsticks tend to be a perfect complement to "bitchy resting face".
    I can finally read on the train in peace, without some dude to thinking that "headphones+book = invitation to tap my shoulder and start talking to me".
    Anyone ever try the 'I know the author' bit on you? Bonus laughter if the author's been dead for centuries.

It really grindeth my gears when people dont read the instructions for something, then badly mess it up and wonder HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN. It really grinds me to dust when they continue doing the incorrect thing instead of reading the damned instructions.