Page 405 of 424 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    How lazy and unproductive with the draws I'm being the past several weeks!

I haven't been drawing so little in forever. So sad D:

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    How lazy and unproductive with the draws I'm being the past several weeks!

I haven't been drawing so little in forever. So sad D:
    Achievement Unlocked: Ridiculous Procastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    It grinds my gears to no end feeling like big chunks of my life have been sitting on my hands since I've been out of college. 6 years have gone by. I thought most of it was a lesson in patience but then I keep wondering if I was too passive or too afraid to jump on opportunities. It's not that I have regrets already... it is more that I am so uncertain and it pisses me off that I just don't know what path to take.
    I most certainly know that feeling and I don't know if anything I know or can say is relevant to your situation but one thing I've found to be a problem for me is I started out with a few of the wrong attitudes, and they seem like attitudes you need to have to succeed but really are detrimental and unrealistic. For example, this "all or nothing" approach some people have. It's all a game, but it's not a zero-sum game the way some people think. It's okay to start small with your goals. It's actually more realistic. It makes the experience of failure every bit as valuable as it would be otherwise, but the risks are not as great, and so neither are the losses. But gains are always gains. No one complains about a gain, laments a gain. So, why lose?

Weasyl
    N/A
    So wise and full of wisdom, Wolf-Bone! Even if that may not be of relevance to Vici's situation, it's definitely something I'm glad to have been reminded on - so thanks for that! Always good to keep that kind of perspective.

OT: Hangnails.. Like a volcano as soon as you take one out and stings so bad.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Drawing is too hard! I give up!

Time to embrace my new dream of becoming a hermit. Aww yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Drawing is too hard! I give up!

Time to embrace my new dream of becoming a hermit. Aww yeah!
    Noooo, don't give up! D:
    Perhaps a collab could help get you out of the art block?

I've been in a rut as well, though, so I've been thinking of maybe switching my routine up a bit. For the moment, that's manifesting itself as drawing the characters I like in Steven Universe. Oops.

Weasyl
    Rukh Whitefang
    Lately its been people merging onto the highway at 30 mph. Sorry bud but 30 mph will not cut it, especially with the semi truck who can't move over... Seriously though it drives me up a wall.

I'm glad both of my vehicles have big v8 engines in them so I can (usually) go around said slow driver and get up to a safe highway speed.

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    I find people on TF2 that try to rally the troops quite irritating. I had one of those people in an MVM tour last night and he was acting like the team didn't know what they were doing. It's one thing to tell someone "Why don't you try -?", it's irritating for these elitist assholes to demand people change their class and tell them what they're supposed to do when they didn't even ask. I wanted to try playing Medic for a change, and this guy demands I play Scout. I warn the team before the round starts that I can't play Scout for shit, and we lose that round. This guy proceeds to be a snide little asswipe and says something around the lines of "You thought you knew what you were doing"(I was in a Skype call so I didn't hear him clearly, but I knew he was being a smartass). He left later on since we lost the first wave so many times, and I left too.

I decided to be an asshole to these people should I run into them again(I know I'm going to). If someone demands(not suggests or asks) me to change to a different class, I'll play Sniper(rarely used in MVM because there's not much use for him, bonus points because I suck at Sniper). If all else fails to make the elitist so mad he leaves the game, I'll call a votekick and tell him to take his elitism back to Left 4 Dead.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

People who state their personal preferences as the greatest definitive standard, agressively, and think they're doing anyone a favor by doing so.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Noooo, don't give up! D:
    Perhaps a collab could help get you out of the art block?

I've been in a rut as well, though, so I've been thinking of maybe switching my routine up a bit. For the moment, that's manifesting itself as drawing the characters I like in Steven Universe. Oops.
    I've only done a collab once - with Moogle and Zeitzbach. And we still haven't managed to finish anything.

Things like collabs and fan arts don't seem to get me very motivated. I must have commitment issues :v