Page 386 of 424 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Another unrelated art-peeve is when I show my friends a new sketch (or page of sketches) I've done, and all I get is:

"Cool."

I know it's supposed to be a positive comment, but... I guess it sometimes makes me feel like I show them too much of my art, and that they're tired of my stuff by now (not wanting to spend time to actually look at the stuff I show them anymore). v; I guess I'm just being irrational, though.
    It would be nice to get more specific comments or critique about my art, though... I like to share my art stuff with my friends, but if they don't seem to look at it for more than two seconds, maybe I shouldn't bother. I would still post art in my gallery, just not share the sketches in Skype or whatever. There's a bunch of stuff I share with my friends that doesn't make it to my Weasyl gallery.

Agh, I've sort of rambled on about this now. I should stop posting so much when I'm tired.
    Yeah that's a bit disheartening to hear from friends. I've gotten only "Lol!" before and I figured they just aren't that keen on it so they no longer get bugged by me about art. xD I wouldn't take it personal if I were you though, it could just be their interests lie elsewhere.

OT - Such a restless night, haven't had one of these in awhile. Need an off/on switch for my brain.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Sometimes you just run out of adjectives to use that won't sound repetitive. You can only say "this is fucking amazing" so many times and in so many ways.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Parents who try to lock their kids in a bubble. You can't protect them from the world forever, and I personally think it's better for them to be eased into the concept of negative things in this world rather than have it slap them in the face when they grow up and have to face it on their own. I didn't grow up to be a criminal because I watched a Tweety Bird cartoon where Tweety sticks dynamite in a cat's diving mask or a racist because I saw characters in blackface. If you want your kids to grow up well, don't rely on TV to teach them!

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    for some reason my laptop doesnt pick up wifi as good as it used to, that or im just paranoid about the new system.... IDK
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'll think of SOMETHING. I'm just more aggravated that I've gotten no communication despite approaching them several times. I could take out another loan but I REALLY DON'T WANNA DO THAT D;
    I could bite the bullet and wait it out while paying what i currently owe but i don't wanna wait any longer. Especially when I'm sooo close to graduating.

Augh difficult choices
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    This thread.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

I dislike when my computer decides not to connect to the internet. Meanwhile, my desktop connects just fine, and it's also using WiFi.

I also dislike when people don't supervise their kids in public, or just ignore what they're doing. Seriously, I've seen them run into people, break things, and even steal. Some parents won't even care. They'll just let it happen without even apologizing for their child's actions. I had a shovel I used to build sand castles taken from me on the beach once. The parent decided to lie and say it was theirs all along. Luckily the kid felt guilty after a bit and confessed, then gave it back to me. The child was more responsible than the parent! Yeesh!

-People kissing in public and making that 'lip smacking' noise like the ones you hear in movies.
    -When people use the wrong your/you're and their/they're...

Can't think of anything else other than these.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3859
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclivius View Post
    I dislike when my computer decides not to connect to the internet. Meanwhile, my desktop connects just fine, and it's also using WiFi.

I also dislike when people don't supervise their kids in public, or just ignore what they're doing. Seriously, I've seen them run into people, break things, and even steal. Some parents won't even care. They'll just let it happen without even apologizing for their child's actions. I had a shovel I used to build sand castles taken from me on the beach once. The parent decided to lie and say it was theirs all along. Luckily the kid felt guilty after a bit and confessed, then gave it back to me. The child was more responsible than the parent! Yeesh!
    Ugh about the thing with the shovel. :c Reminds me of a story I heard where a girl was playing with her rabbit in her yard and some other girl ran up and took it. The girl who owned the rabbit went to the "thief's" house to get her rabbit back and the mom said the girl owned the rabbit all along and wouldn't give it back. Made me sad. D:

Ugh about the thing with the shovel. :c Reminds me of a story I heard where a girl was playing with her rabbit in her yard and some other girl ran up and took it. The girl who owned the rabbit went to the "thief's" house to get her rabbit back and the mom said the girl owned the rabbit all along and wouldn't give it back. Made me sad. D:
    That's horrible and I sincerely hope those rabbit thieves are punished! > : (