Page 368 of 424 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I can't believe the whole Tumblr and BBQPT isn't dead yet. Amusing.

But LBR, I hate people that stick their "business" in front of my face.

I don't give a shit if you're gay or a trans. Bashing on people I know for not putting up "Rainbow facebook avatar" because "Muh gay marriage" will not make me respect you. It will make me think you're a faggot because you feel the need to be out there to be equal when I just want to be in my personal zone all nice and quiet.

Same goes to those trans/gay/rainbow parade that stab a cross in their own anus. You're not showing off any good side. You're acting like degenerates.

So go ahead and be whatever you want but don't rub it in my face. Saying "I'm a tran, respect me" is like having a woman suddenly shove her dick in my face and demand I suck it then proceed to cry "Oppression. Unacceptable" when I say no.
    Last edited by Zeitzbach; 07-03-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    So, on that logic, I take it Cyber-bullying is a hoax?
    My point was that in text/print It's called "libel".

On that note though, i despise the word "cyber-bullying". There are indeed cyber crimes. Hacking, fraud, identity theft, etc. Cyber bullying just makes me roll my eyes. I'll take "cyber bullying" over physical bullying any day
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    I can't believe the whole Tumblr and BBQPT isn't dead yet. Amusing.

But LBR, I hate people that stick their "business" in front of my face.

I don't give a shit if you're gay or a trans. Bashing on people I know for not putting up "Rainbow facebook avatar" because "Muh gay marriage" will not make me respect you. It will make me think you're a faggot because you feel the need to be out there to be equal when I just want to be in my personal zone all nice and quiet.

Same goes to those trans/gay/rainbow parade that stab a cross in their own anus. You're not showing off any good side. You're acting like degenerates.

So go ahead and be whatever you want but don't rub it in my face. Saying "I'm a tran, respect me" is like having a woman suddenly shove her dick in my face and demand I suck it then proceed to cry "Oppression. Unacceptable" when I say no.
    I agree with you completely. This is more or less what I said few posts before.
    These kind of people should learn to be considerate of others and not demand respect in a circle-jerk of attention whoring and vulgarity, but instead earn it like every honest man does.
    The ones i despise more are those who protect and encourage the kind of foul behaviour you exemplified (such as that cross thing) which is a behaviour that has no place in the civilized world.
    You have my compliments for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    My point was that in text/print It's called "libel".

On that note though, i despise the word "cyber-bullying". There are indeed cyber crimes. Hacking, fraud, identity theft, etc. Cyber bullying just makes me roll my eyes. I'll take "cyber bullying" over physical bullying any day
    I concur. I also believe this drama trend subject of cyber-bullying is over-dramatized. Way way too much.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    So now that any possible remaining pretense of genuine concern has been addressed, may I suggest you finally let this go?
    I wasn't asking that question to feign concern.
    I was following up on the previous posts made by Agitoho and Vae, and the responses from DrunkCat.

I simply wanted to know if there was -more- to your motive for even mentioning them. Since they were getting shit from people for not "Growing a pair of lungs and learning how to scream like the rest of us".
    (I defend both camps btw)

I'm just glad we all can finally agree that "neopronouns", butchering language and "kintypes" are fucking retarded. CASE CLOSED EVERYBODY!

Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    But then, I've also never actually had an interaction with anyone resembling the "Tumblrette" stereotype at all
    As for the Tumblr stereotypes, there's a reason why they exist.
    While you might not have come across them, I and others have.
    There's also a decent amount of people on here, that do indeed fit the "Tumblr stereotype".
    I even mentioned one in my previous post, but I'd rather not mention more or push my luck with the "call-out" policy. Most of us (or at least I hope) are also well aware of troll blogs, and the shit 4chan does.

To be honest,
    My only gripe with you Pinard, is how you can expect the worst from some, but not the whole.
    You cherry pick too much and have double standards. I hope we both at some point or another, can get past our differences. (I know I swear like a bastard, but I'm working on it, I promise)

So I'll drop this and shoot you a PM later.
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 07-03-2015 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Formatting

Honestly, I find the attitude by some posters on this forum (not just in this thread)to be quite off-putting. :/

And I'm sure the same can probably be said about me, but I honestly find it quite sad that some posters have transferred over some of FAF's more terrible traits. I'm not sure if I would go as far as say 'the worst traits', but still. Plus, I feel like more often than not, you can't even contribute on certain political topics without the probability of being shredded, especially if someone assumes your posts are "SJW"-like. And honestly? That's fucking sad.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    And what are those "terrible traits" if I may kindly express my curiosity?
    I have never been on the FurAffinity Forums, but I am eager to know why is everyone so keen as to mention them and the "traits" people may have dragged from there.

I swear, it's like people are talking about someone bringing the plague with them in the town.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ditto on that Eduard,
    I've never been to "FAF" but from all the bitching I hear it sounds like a wreck.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Honestly, I find the attitude by some posters on this forum (not just in this thread)to be quite off-putting. :/

And I'm sure the same can probably be said about me, but I honestly find it quite sad that some posters have transferred over some of FAF's more terrible traits. I'm not sure if I would go as far as say 'the worst traits', but still. Plus, I feel like more often than not, you can't even contribute on certain political topics without the probability of being shredded, especially if someone assumes your posts are "SJW"-like. And honestly? That's fucking sad.
    Terrible is subjective and depends on the side you're viewing from.

Take The Great Fuhrer, Hitler for example.

Some view him as a villain and terrible because he lost the war and did that and that.

Some views him as glorious charismatic handsome awesome mustache cute kawaii desu koi leader because Hitler is Hitler.

But to be serious, this is a forum and every bit makes up a community. People will always take side and fight if they cannot find something to unite them like a common enemy. FA topic is long dead. Now we get to see side and side and discover extremist and people who just argue because they feel like their side is right.

And LBR, It's okay to feel nice for something and feel that they should not be insulted but if we start protecting people who tries to ruin my day cause "U NO RAINBOW AVATAR YOU'RE NOT SUPPORTING ME I HATE YOU" k bye unfriended, then it's kinda hard to really get along and drink tea while giggling over gossip with them.

Let's see ... FAF in a nutshell from what I remember since I visited last.

Having to tip-toe around the topics of racism, sexism and other discrimination, because if you don't word it carefully, you're branded a SJW and apparently that makes your entire argument null and void for some reason. A forum-environment that's (at times) extremely toxic and hostile over minor things. And most of all, this staunch defending of exactly that environment, as there's "nothing wrong with it".

I'm not even going to touch upon the mods, because that's opening another can of worms and this is not the place to do so.

And I'm not saying it's 100% the same here, but I am seeing similarities and I doubt I'm the only one. And honestly, it was kind of to be expected, as many of the posters here posted on FAF (myself included). I just kind of hoped for a somewhat better and different community, honestly. I have made good friends on FAF, but I feel like with getting older, I grew out of that "It's the internet, I get to be as callous as I like"-phase and it's kind of ... disappointing that others haven't?

Weasyl
    N/A
    The same kind of branding happens with the word "Bigot" elsewhere online.
    No one actually makes any points or arguments. All they do is shit sling.

I also agree, I don't like the word "SJW". Too often it get's misused.
    Which is why I try to be more specific or explain what I'm referring to, rather than "who".