Page 367 of 424 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSavage View Post
    Ayat, Hinalle K, and even SarcasticCoffeecup gave me quite a bit of hell about identifying as a woman there for a bit on FAF.
    I didn't want to namedrop but this is who I was talking about.
    Ayattar is still very stubborn but I talk to him and he's cool with me too, even if he's uhhhh not the most gay-tolerant dude around. If you talk to him and explain, he will understand. That's why I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    Making mockery of Tumblrettes who call themselves "trans-kin, racial or "potato-sexual" does NOT count btw.

]We all know the discussion really isn't about Transpeople.
    It's about Tumblr, Tumblrettes and turning this place into a Tumblr-cult hugbox.
    This...
    THis is my own opinion, but I think we (Weasyl forums, allies of trans community) do a disservice to actual trans people when we are constantly taking bullets for "bunnykin fluidfluxmetalgender" people.

Don't name names, bro. You're one of my fave users on here!!!

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    I definitely wouldn't have mentioned names without a redeeming feature. Both those folk are wonderful people imho. Well. Except for Hinalle who legitimately confused the hell out of me. He baffles me. But enough about specific people.

What grinds my gears is Houston goddamn Texas. How the fuck can a place exist where it's 89 degrees 24/7, at night, even after a rain. This is hell. This is like a modetn Vietnam. It's a testament to man's arrogance.

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Satan's sweaty taint. God's punishment for gay marriage.
    Givin us all a taste of the fires of hell.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    It's cold! My hands are cold! Do you know what that means?!
    I can't draw! I can't play video games and click to maximum potential! I can't type as quickly!
    I can't look at pictures of otters, and scroll optimally! I can't feel the soft, warm, skin on my cheek!
    I can't touch dong without that cold-hands chill for the first couple minutes!

Nevermind. My hands are warmer now.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3665

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I want this topic to die already too but there's always something necessitating a response.

Did they specifically ask you to mention or disclose the private messages to the forums?
    They filed a report. A report is itself a request for staff intervention. Also I never disclosed any private details from either the report or my personal correspondence.

I told them that I was going to post something to try to rein in the thread before I did it, and they expressed no concern. They did not specifically say anything to the effect of "hey when you post could you make sure to specifically mention that you decided to post because someone contacted you about it", because honestly what reason would they have to make a big deal of it?

But just for you, I contacted them again to double-check that nobody felt their privacy had been violated in any way by my speaking up. And, like I was already sure of, there were no issues with any of the steps I had taken. I also pre-cleared this response to you with them.

So now that any possible remaining pretense of genuine concern has been addressed, may I suggest you finally let this go?

Please, show us more than one instance on these forums. Where actual trans-people and trans-users were regarded negatively- OR harassed for being trans by the community at large. Making mockery of Tumblrettes who call themselves "trans-kin, racial or "potato-sexual" does NOT count btw. So have fun digging- or Quote-Mining TeenageAngst.

We all know the discussion really isn't about Transpeople.
    It's about Tumblr, Tumblrettes and turning this place into a Tumblr-cult hugbox.
    So, speaking personally again, here's my issue: I'm going to go out on a fairly sturdy limb and say absolutely nobody has ever literally identified as "potato-sexual", ever. Your target with such a joke is not genuine potato-sexuals, and potato-sexuals only. You're absurdly caricaturizing the identities of your real targets to mock them, and where the line is drawn as to whom is included as a target is made not at all clear. These jokes being made here are the same as those I see made in the more transphobic cesspits of the internet to mock all transgender identities. You can't really expect trans people, who generally have all already been the butt of the same damn jokes before, to reserve judgment for as long as you don't clarify "yes I'm mocking YOU." Especially since most trans folk I know respect all trans identities, and have both binary and non-binary friends, honor neopronouns, etc. Effectively saying "Oh no, I don't mean you, I'm only mocking this arbitrarily-defined section of your friends instead, you're one of the good ones" afterwards wouldn't make it at all less unwelcoming.

Not that there's ever any good reason to attack these specific types of transgender people over here and not those transgender people over there. Right now, about a third of my furry social circle is trans (it just worked out that way, friends of friends and such). Of those, about a third again are non-binary. I think I still only know a total of three people who actually use neopronouns, two of which only use them as an optional alternative to she/her and they/them respectively, and the third I've never seen make a big deal of others getting them wrong. I only know one person who ever talks about having kintypes, and they're actually more laid-back and non-confrontational than most. Bottom line: how relatively "traditional" their identity is doesn't actually correlate with "Tumblr" aggression or unreasonable standards at all, and if that's what's really your issue, maybe you should actually focus on that and leave the identity stereotyping bullshit out of it entirely? Attacking their identity instead just because it's easy to punch down encourages people to dismiss all transgender opinions with ridicule.

But then, I've also never actually had an interaction with anyone resembling the "Tumblrette" stereotype at all, either. Nor would it seem that any of my transgender friends have, because I never see any of them voicing such complaints, despite it being their own social network these people supposedly inhabit. Many of the screencaps I see passed around are known to be from troll blogs, and the rest are generally assumed to be as well because it seems nobody within trans circles ever actually encounters someone like this in the wild. In fact, it seems like the more vehemently someone insists there's a veritable plague of such people out there, the less normal social interactions with trans folk they tend to actually have than others. Which, you know, is pretty damned bizarre, if these people actually exist in significant numbers, that instead of other transgender people encountering and having problems with them, it's those with few transgender folk in their social network at all that run into these people all the time?
    Last edited by piņardilla; 07-03-2015 at 07:08 AM.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    This charade again?

I thought any issues regarding this whole transexual thing was left behind pages ago but people still like to bring it up.
    No wonder they then complain that this forum turns into "FAF 2.0" when they do nothing but throw coal to a fire that was about to be extinguished.

People here seem to be making too big of a point about transexuality, and about protecting it and I find that off-putting, especially for new comers. First off, this is the wrong place to fight crusades in, and play the vigilante or the justice league. If you want to save somebody from oppression, the Middle East more than welcomes you.
    But I cannot help but find that a big disservice is done to this above mentioned minority with all this charade going on.
    I can safely say that people here have no desire to oppress anyone, they are tolerating. And those who have a different opinion than yours, have the sensibility to keep it silent or voice it diplomatically. Why do we need to wake up this subject ever so often, I do not know.

I personally find there is a problem going on with people nowadays. They adopt an artificial facade and demand attention as part of a movement (political or social) rather than earning their rights, merit as an individual. People raise their flags in support of a cause they truthfully do not believe in, but they just adore the attention they acquire along the way, all while their hollers and cries do a negative impact upon the actual cause itself.
    The world would be a better place if we would try to prove our worth to the world as individuals, with the achievements we complete, rather than yelling over some stuff on the internet and achieve nothing but startle a negative experience for everyone around us.

Edit: What I try to mean, is that the only people fueling bandwagons of hatred are the ones who cry the loudest. I personally feel as if the people who actually experience "discrimination" or "hatred" are either the ones who want to get in people's faces too much, or those who cannot stand a different opinion and hypocritically yell "oppression" while mysteriously forgetting the "freedom of speech" they fight for. These kind of people like to say "Accept me or else!" They go around demanding respect as a member of a group, sometimes not even having anything to identity with that group, instead of correctly earning respect as an individual. This sort of behaviour obviously invites a retaliation, as it is often tantalizing, taunting.
    There are people who do not demand respect because they are different, but earn it as honest folk. Why must we do them a disservice?
    Last edited by Eduard; 07-03-2015 at 07:31 AM.

I was really hoping you'd quote-mine me, pinadilla :< Also I find it shady when someone slanders me and calls me out all they get is a message edit but when I get marked for something I get a 3 day ban.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    I was really hoping you'd quote-mine me, pinadilla :< Also I find it shady when someone slanders me and calls me out all they get is a message edit but when I get marked for something I get a 3 day ban.

Nothing said was slander. If anyone wanted to find the things referenced they needed only been there in the Gay Marriage thread at the time. "Intellectually dishonest" indeed.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Besides, slander is spoken. You can't really slander in a text based community. :B
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Besides, slander is spoken. You can't really slander in a text based community. :B
    So, on that logic, I take it Cyber-bullying is a hoax?