Page 364 of 424 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4237

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

  1. #3631
    Senior Damian's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    amongst the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    Fwiw i missed you, Red.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

  2. #3632
    Senior DrunkCat's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    WA
    Gender
    OmniMale
    Posts
    501
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Currently, I think we are at zero forum regulars willing to even just openly identify as transgender on these forums. It didn't use to be like that.
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

    Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 07-02-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

  3. #3633
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

    Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    While I agree with the fact that they don't need spectators or to be forcibly outed, it's equally shitty when people might want to come out, but fear to do so on this particular forum (for instance). Then it's not a case of not wanting spectators, but more a case of expecting the worst from the forum-goers.

    And honestly, with some discussions I have seen, I wouldn't entirely blame them for feeling that way.
    And yes, the forum may actually be supportive and warm and welcoming, but .. for an outsider looking in and seeing discussions like one that passed here not too long ago, I can see how that could be off-putting.

  4. #3634
    Senior Damian's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    amongst the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    While I agree with the fact that they don't need spectators or to be forcibly outed, it's equally shitty when people might want to come out, but fear to do so on this particular forum (for instance). Then it's not a case of not wanting spectators, but more a case of expecting the worst from the forum-goers.

    And honestly, with some discussions I have seen, I wouldn't entirely blame them for feeling that way.
    And yes, the forum may actually be supportive and warm and welcoming, but .. for an outsider looking in and seeing discussions like one that passed here not too long ago, I can see how that could be off-putting.
    Pretty much all of this. Not to mention being trans doesn't always mean they're dysphoric as well which is a whole 'nother box of confusing bullshit that's hard to explain to oneself, much less to other people. There's too much bias and misinformation going around on an already complicated matter.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3635
    Retired Staff piņardilla's Avatar

    Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Gender
    Claims to be a porpoise.
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

    Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    I don't wish them to do anything, their decisions are their own. But I've noticed a shift in what those decisions tend to be since the FAF migration.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

  6. #3636
    Rattlesnake Flavored RedSavage's Avatar
    Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Fwiw i missed you, Red.
    <3

  7. #3637
    Senior Damian's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    amongst the clouds
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,261
    OT
    People that take borrowed lore in video games as truth. Playing Gat out of Hell with a friend and she comments "I didn't know Jezebel was Satan's daughter"
    -SIGH-
    Same thing with movies. I had to tell another friend of mine that, no, Loki was never an angel in Christianity no matter what Dogma says. It's a goddamn parody.

    -huff-
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

  8. #3638
    Senior Eagle GodHeart's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    East TN (for now)
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    489
    ah crap! some idiot is hacking fur nation and taking down the site over and over again.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

    אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

    profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

  9. #3639
    Premium User FishNChips's Avatar

    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    ah crap! some idiot is hacking fur nation and taking down the site over and over again.
    Anything hilarious happen?

  10. #3640
    Senior Gamedog's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Gamedog
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Москва
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    843
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

    Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    This...
    I don't see the purpose in wanting to pressure trans people to say "I'm trans". What if there are transgender users who identify as male or female? Why should they have to say "I'm trans" in order to make someone feel better about the forums????

    Seconding this part especially: " If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information"

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •