Page 364 of 424 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Fwiw i missed you, Red.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Currently, I think we are at zero forum regulars willing to even just openly identify as transgender on these forums. It didn't use to be like that.
    This is still a crappy insinuation. Way to color the forums for new comers.

Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 07-02-2015 at 11:41 AM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post

Though now thinking about it, I don't know if it's worse that you specifically seem to wish to have them outed to begin with. If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information, gender dysphoria sucks enough to deal with on your own; they don't need spectators.
    While I agree with the fact that they don't need spectators or to be forcibly outed, it's equally shitty when people might want to come out, but fear to do so on this particular forum (for instance). Then it's not a case of not wanting spectators, but more a case of expecting the worst from the forum-goers.

And honestly, with some discussions I have seen, I wouldn't entirely blame them for feeling that way.
    And yes, the forum may actually be supportive and warm and welcoming, but .. for an outsider looking in and seeing discussions like one that passed here not too long ago, I can see how that could be off-putting.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    While I agree with the fact that they don't need spectators or to be forcibly outed, it's equally shitty when people might want to come out, but fear to do so on this particular forum (for instance). Then it's not a case of not wanting spectators, but more a case of expecting the worst from the forum-goers.

And honestly, with some discussions I have seen, I wouldn't entirely blame them for feeling that way.
    And yes, the forum may actually be supportive and warm and welcoming, but .. for an outsider looking in and seeing discussions like one that passed here not too long ago, I can see how that could be off-putting.
    Pretty much all of this. Not to mention being trans doesn't always mean they're dysphoric as well which is a whole 'nother box of confusing bullshit that's hard to explain to oneself, much less to other people. There's too much bias and misinformation going around on an already complicated matter.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3635

Weasyl
    pinardilla

I don't wish them to do anything, their decisions are their own. But I've noticed a shift in what those decisions tend to be since the FAF migration.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    RedSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Fwiw i missed you, Red.
    <3

Weasyl
    N/A
    OT
    People that take borrowed lore in video games as truth. Playing Gat out of Hell with a friend and she comments "I didn't know Jezebel was Satan's daughter"
    -SIGH-
    Same thing with movies. I had to tell another friend of mine that, no, Loki was never an angel in Christianity no matter what Dogma says. It's a goddamn parody.

-huff-

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    ah crap! some idiot is hacking fur nation and taking down the site over and over again.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    ah crap! some idiot is hacking fur nation and taking down the site over and over again.
    Anything hilarious happen?

Weasyl
    Gamedog

This...
    I don't see the purpose in wanting to pressure trans people to say "I'm trans". What if there are transgender users who identify as male or female? Why should they have to say "I'm trans" in order to make someone feel better about the forums????

Seconding this part especially: " If you're trans-gendered I don't feel you owe anyone that information"