Page 317 of 424 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Honestly? I'm just done with them. I *will* do collabs, because they're something where you can't just screw someone out of art.

But trades? Nah, never again. I think out of all the ones I did, there were only 2 trades where I didn't have to wait for months and constantly check in (like, every month or so). And it's just not worth the stress.

Not to mention that one of the trades I did, I finished the piece relatively quickly, only to find the artist I did the trade with was selling the character not soon after and included mine (and other art trades) in an art bundle to up the resell value of the character. Which... I'm sorry, but I haven't yet gotten my part of the trade and yet they're reselling the rights to the work I made them? Dick move. I wasn't even asked if they COULD resell the art, they just assumed and included it in the bundle. :|
    It's sad most people don't have manners anymore outside a precious few. I've never done trades before. Just requests and such. I'd feel such pressure to make the piece absolutely perfect if I were to do a trade.

It'd be stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    It's sad most people don't have manners anymore outside a precious few. I've never done trades before. Just requests and such. I'd feel such pressure to make the piece absolutely perfect if I were to do a trade.

It'd be stressful.
    I mean, if they go well, they're fun because you get art and you give art and everybody is happy, yay!
    But that's just not the common art-trade experience that people seem to have.

And pressure to be perfect ... I wouldn't let that hold you back from doing art trades. I would, however, advise against it because of the douchecanoes who seem to see "art trade" and read it as "request with no intention of finishing my half".

Weasyl
    GlaringFeline
    What really grinds my gears is when people complain about things that were their fault. Take some responsibility, holy shit it's not that hard.
    -Insert inspirational quote here-

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe

Weasyl
    Dreamline
    I found out where our 10 3x3 boxes packed with Magic The Gathering cards went. Incoming exposition!

So for history, we had ten boxes of cards that we've had left after the card shops our dad had went under. Around Senior year of high school, I made some friends who turned out to like Magic The Gathering too. We pretty much played with them all the time. Fun stuff.

Eventually, one of these friends ( my best friend, technically speaking, since he's the only person outside of the internet I talk to and hang out with a lot) gets a girlfriend who joins the group. We don't mind too much.

Later down the year though, we do notice that she's a bit... odd. Not much, but it was there. She moves to another state, so she had to break up with my best friend. A year later, she moves back in, get back with my best friend, they live together.

She gets into Magic, and my brother and I are like, "Hey, everyone's into Magic now, so let's share all our cards with them and stuff." They're with our other friend at his house. Eventually, when he stopped being our friend because of shit involving me I had no idea about, they get moved to my best friend's house. Ok.

She and my best friend break-up. At this point, NONE of us like her. She can't play Pathfinder (not a team-player, brought real-life stuff into the game, tried bringing that outside of the game, tried to steal the spotlight ALL THE TIME, and made incredibly stupid decisions that nearly single handedly ended the campaign). She was a crazy cat lady who believed shelters would immediately kill the cats if she gave them up, and refused to believe otherwise, which got the house they lived in to look (And smell, oh god the smell) like shit, because she also got a ferret, and fish for whatever reason. And she was generally whiny and controlling. God only knows how they stayed together for 2 years.

Well, later, after she moved out, she wanted to borrow the cards and look at them to see which ones she wanted. Never mind the part where she tried (And failed) to legally acquire them, considering that she tried to use some bullshit like saying how if they've been together for more than a year, that she was entitled to half of them, when they weren't even hes to begin with! I wish my best friend had thought to talk to us first, because they were my family's property still, and I know I SURE as hell woulda been like, "OH HELL NO". But he let her borrow them.

He and his brother (Who had been wanting to get in MTG) go there a month and some weeks later to pick them up, since she didn't respond to his calls about them earlier. he's like, "Where are the cards?" And she hands him one box and's like "Here it is".

"Where are the rest of the cards?"

She said her cat pissed on all the boxes and so she threw them out.

That was, what, almost $1000 worth of cards that were thrown away? Never mind that was 9 boxes full of cards.

I have NEVER, EVER, been so FUCKING livid until today. That was two years worth of memories and cards. Only to go to piss because of someone's stupid, fucking, actions, and behavior.
    Last edited by Dreamline; 05-26-2015 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Fixing the angriest of typos.
    "There are times when all the world's asleep,
    The questions run too deep
    For such a simple man.
    Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
    I know it sounds absurd
    But please tell me who I am."

Supertramp - The Logical Song

Weasyl
    Vae
    My lower back and ribs hurt like a bitch.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    N/A
    God damn, Dreamline. That is seriously shitty. I also find it hard to believe that her cats pissed on all of the boxes save ONE but i have cats as well so i know how much destruction they can do. Still though, all 9 boxes? The fuck
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    My roommate from last semester is going to be my roommate next year and towards the end I realized that she's actually really immature and doesn't seem to like me much. Every-time I think about her or see a post of her's on FB I get all anxious thinking about next year and rooming with her.

Its frustrating that I've treated her the best that I can and yet she is still rude towards me. Really sick of people doing this, I already had an issue with this with another friend and I don't want to have to deal with it again. :/

I guess on the bright side i'll have two other roommates which are pretty nice and chill?

Weasyl
    N/A
    So, forgot there was a wedding happening this weekend.. mom seemed to just now tell me the exact date though. She just played dress up with me for the last while, and holy mother of god I'm not a happy camper.

Me: Couldn't I just wear a nice shirt and some black pants?
    Mom: All girls your age should be wearing a dress (blahah said something more can't remember)
    Me: Is that the standard?
    Mom: Well, yes

Won't even go into details on when she had me trying on high-heels (made sure to inform me that "girls my age" should be wearing heels & have a purse).. I hate these type of things, give me a sweater and jeans hell just leave me home even, I won't mind. Shes been pretty unclear if we're getting a hotel or not there, so that's another thing to worry about.

I s2g if she tries to put makeup on me the day of, I'll seriously inhale it before any of that makes contact with my skin.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    That moment when I wear Roman Imperial armour and some 5 year old child asks me "Sir, are you a knight?"

I have to say, they are extremely cute when they find the will to come up and ask such a lovely dovely thing but deep inside me... my gears grind themselves upon hearing such blasphemy.
    What is worse is... having adults tell their children that we are knights.