Page 304 of 424 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314354404 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Not being sure if I just had a panic attack or not. These things have been getting way worse the past few months :[

Weasyl
    N/A
    That's awful :c have you seen a doc about it?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I'm not seein' no doc! I ain't some wacky-mo-jacky! :v
    Really, though. I think I know the source of them; which would be a specific person in my life.
    Maybe I should finally just cut ties D:

Life is too complicated! Rabble rabble

Weasyl
    N/A
    Yeeah that might be the best course of action. Just be all like "I'm sorry but you're really detrimental to my health" I dunno how close you are to this person but I know it's hard either way for different reasons.

Maybe when things die down you can reestablish something?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    We were pretty close! Which would be why I don't really want to cut things off.
    But you're right, and my other friends have also given the same advices.

Guess I'll just do that, then.
    It's definitely at a point where I'm pretty sure things won't really change if I do keep contact.

Thanks for your concern, and advice! Much appreciation.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Zeich you are completely wrong. Grades matter when you can't afford to pay for all of college and want a chance at a scholarship instead of being piled with loans. Grades matter when the university you want to get in to won't accept anything less. Grades matter when some places only hire the best of the best.

In short; shut the fuck up because you're acting like an insensitive asshole
    OH my, I am so sorry for invading that tiny vulnerable weak bubble shield of yours. I will make sure not to pop it.

But let me quote something my AI class prof said to me today.

"No one cares about your grade. Instead, why not try to take your end-of-semester project seriously and consider making it an actual research paper if possible? Workplace don't ask for those who are good at studying. They want people who is good at listening and just doing what they are asked for. IF you can code but can't listen, no one cares if you have an A. Same goes to those that can't code but can listen. They want people that capable of doing both so take these projects serious over pointless paper exam. If your paper is really good, I might even try to help you get it published. Do you know how great these look on resume compared to all As?"

Go meet your prof more often. I had more than enough repeating it and I perfectly understand what they mean by that.

The world isn't looking for people that can perform a certain task. They are either looking for a person that can perform the task so well no one can follows them OR perform a certain task no one is capable of copying and is hard to copy.

I would quote another one that came to give a special lecture on how to get started and be more successful with what you learn in class and not just be another employee working for others but that is more suitable for another kind of subject outside ABCD

Weasyl
    N/A
    No problem! I've had that happen with a close friend of mine too. Though it was petty drama but it still affected me pretty bad. I had to break from him for a while but we resolved recently and we're pretty okay now.

Not saying everything will be fine for you but there's hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitzbach View Post
    OH my, I am so sorry for invading that tiny vulnerable weak bubble shield of yours. I will make sure not to pop it.

But let me quote something my AI class prof said to me today.

"No one cares about your grade. Instead, why not try to take your end-of-semester project seriously and consider making it an actual research paper if possible? Workplace don't ask for those who are good at studying. They want people who is good at listening and just doing what they are asked for. IF you can code but can't listen, no one cares if you have an A. Same goes to those that can't code but can listen. They want people that capable of doing both so take these projects serious over pointless paper exam. If your paper is really good, I might even try to help you get it published. Do you know how great these look on resume compared to all As?"

Go meet your prof more often. I had more than enough repeating it and I perfectly understand what they mean by that.

The world isn't looking for people that can perform a certain task. They are either looking for a person that can perform the task so well no one can follows them OR perform a certain task no one is capable of copying and is hard to copy.

I would quote another one that came to give a special lecture on how to get started and be more successful with what you learn in class and not just be another employee working for others but that is more suitable for another kind of subject outside ABCD
    Now you're just being an assumptive little shit. I have done my research. I have listened. I have done everything in my power to keep my grade up. I have stayed up countless hours watching video over video on how to do certain equations, doing extra work, and asking for help on top of a full time job and physical training.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Now you're just being an assumptive little shit. I have done my research. I have listened. I have done everything in my power to keep my grade up. I have stayed up countless hours watching video over video on how to do certain equations, doing extra work, and asking for help on top of a full time job and physical training.
    And you still link everything to "muh grade".

This is why they say the quality of people being produced is poor. We live in the age of innovation and majority is still going by the book.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ok so mathematics and coding is NOT the same thing. Also you can't get away with everything with "creative innovation". If you had bothered to READ, i need good grades to get in to the university i want. Actually it's not even a want. It's a need because it is the ONLY school that has the program I'm going in to in my state and I'm also gunning for a merit scholarship so i don't have to be weighted by loans when I'm done. How about you stop being a judgemental piece of shit and consider that maybe, JUST MAYBE you don't know life as well as you thought and that other people's lives and experience experiences and needs are different

Weasyl
    N/A
    Grades matter. If I do well in the computer networking aspect of my course, a potential employer just might think 'hey, maybe this guy will be good for this computer networking position'. Same with all the other things I'm studying. Grades matter because they give people an indication of what you have learnt and what you might be good at in the future.

Consider this, two applicants apply for a job. Applicant A has a first class honours degree (1:1) relevant for the job, Applicant B has the same degree but with third-class honours. Applicant A is a by the numbers bookworm, Applicant B is a creative and innovative individual. Who gets the job? Applicant A. Why? Because Applicant B hasn't shown they're willing to put in the work. People who have a proven track record of applying themselves and getting results will always trump someone not willing to put in the effort.

On-topic: I typed this out instead of being outside in the sun with a cold beer. If that doesn't grind your gears then get off my internet >:I