Page 278 of 424 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328378 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Vae
    To conclude everything that's been happening with my dad, I guess...

He passed away at the hospital at around 3 this morning.

I'm not gonna say anything on Tumblr, yet, otherwise I'd be venting it there instead. Because my sister isn't supposed to know until my mom tells her.
    But none of it feels real. I've been absolutely great about maintaining my composure while talking to my mom on the phone about it, because I don't want to burden her with how I feel. She has enough stuff to deal with.
    Hell, I don't want to burden myself with how I feel, either, which is probably why I'm drinking at 7 in the morning. But hey.

She was asking me if I want to fly in to go to the little service they're going to have at his church (She doesn't have enough for an open viewing or whatever at the funeral home, since those are like $10k.), and I know she can't afford it, and I know I can't afford it, and I honestly don't think I want to go home and leave on that kind of note.
    I left home last time on a happy note. I don't know if I want to risk completely fucking that up.
    But I also feel like a piece of shit because I won't be there to say anything about my dad. Not that I'd even know how to process any kind of words, since the extent of my thoughts could be described simply as white noise at this point.

Also, this is why I hate December.
    Because December tends to be a really shitty month with me. Always.
    Last edited by Vae; 12-19-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I'm sorry Vae, that's terrible. I wish you the best in this time, you can make it.

Weasyl
    Nillou
    the gulags

Weasyl
    N/A
    Ordering two departments in one day is exceptionally difficult.

Ordering two departments in one day while covering for three additional departments (one of which takes a lot of time because it is heavily customer service reliant) is nigh impossible. WHY is my boss so god damned shocked when I only have partial of the second department done at the end of my shift?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Manager tells me to put up all of seasonal items in one side despite it having two sides. I take all the things off of the tables and put them on the deck shelf because there are no shelves set for that aisle. Manager tells me its wrong and that no items should be on the deck shelf and to put them all back.

This is why drugs exist.

Weasyl
    N/A
    So sorry about your loss, pachi :c

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    @XoPachi: Wow, heavy. I'm so sorry to hear that ends up being the start to your 2015. My condolences to you and his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    "Afternoon!"
    "Fine thank you."

I don't give a flying fuck how you're doing that's why I didn't ask but I do appreciate the airheaded reply.
    Clearly their IT guy needs to input a broader range of reply parameters.

"Y do u use big words all the time."

Probably for the same reasons you feel the need to truncate already extremely short ones. Mind you, this isn't referencing any one specific instance but several that all similar and conveyed similarly.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    @XoPachi: Wow, heavy. I'm so sorry to hear that ends up being the start to your 2015. My condolences to you and his family.

Clearly their IT guy needs to input a broader range of reply parameters.

"Y do u use big words all the time."

Probably for the same reasons you feel the need to truncate already extremely short ones. Mind you, this isn't referencing any one specific instance but several that all similar and conveyed similarly.
    Power Core Unstable
    Explosion in 5...4...3..2.1..

Weasyl
    Vae
    I told my friend to drink a little caffeine because she was hungover, and I know it helps me.

And she basically had a panic attack because of it.

So it's basically my fault.
    Ugh.
    Vae is gud frnd.
    Resident Koopa Trash