Page 276 of 424 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    ???
    You mean Velryn?
    ...Yes.

FFFFFFFFFFFF drunkposting

Weasyl
    N/A
    Lmao, Rilvor.

-The zippers on some my jeans...
    -Text message spam, or at night for trivial things, and people who expect a reply asap.
    -Getting invited by a friend to play games with, only to end up playing by myself...
    Wtf I haven't seen you in months, and all you care about is getting me "addicted" to something- I told you I don't like?
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-26-2014 at 08:50 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2753

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Futile medical care.

There's a patient that's been here for a month who is just shy of completely braindead, yet the family keeps holding out for a miracle. Her room is now full of Jesus knickknacks and things that say stuff like "Through the power of the LORD, [pt's name] is completely healed!" There's literally zero chance of any degree of recovery, of course. It would actually be a genuine miracle if she regained even a Terri Schiavo level of functionality.

And now the family has stopped really visiting anymore. I suppose it's their way of avoiding coming to terms with the hopelessness of the situation. To some extent, I can sympathize – the patient's young, and this all resulted from unexpected complications in surgery. They were never expecting this. But if they're not even going to stay involved anymore, it's long past time to just let her go already. The poor girl's all alone, stuck on the boundary between life and death, a bag of meat kept operational by machines with no one home inside. It's all so damn grotesque.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Every time I see anything demonizing or condemning euthanasia and assisted suicide it always bothers me greatly. You are literally converting living persons into objects of decoration for your own emotional crutch.

The only thing worse is when people bring religion into it and suddenly parents are parading their brain dead children as the bridge to god.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    The mass feeding trough consumerism nightmare that is Black Friday. A made up "holiday" that is encroaching on real holidays and taking people away from their families on the previous day. I'm sure there's plenty of people who need those deals just to have anything nice in this economy, but on the whole it's like enticing morbidly obese people to an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Or maybe it's so sickening because the family owned place I work is stuck operating in a shopping mall.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2756

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Welp, just drifted my car over the curb about fifteen minutes ago. Didn't hit anything else, but the front bumper's been dislodged, so now I have to get that fixed before MFF.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    A made up "holiday"
    Aren't all holiday's made up?
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Aren't all holidays made up?
    Well firstly you are splitting hairs.

But for the sake of making my point, Black Friday is not a holiday and never was. But these days it has become revered by retailers to the point they ignore the actual holiday in some places and people talk about it more than Thanksgiving or whatever other moniker you want to call the holiday. To me it's a level of greed that's rather sickening.

Weasyl
    N/A
    It can be made a holiday rather easily. Thanksgiving for example was made an official national holiday with a fixed date out of the incessant letters by Sarah Hale to various presidents until President Lincoln made it so.

What I'm trying to get at it is that Black Friday is not generally considered a holiday and it detracts from the real issue of the event by bringing it up as shown here.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 11-26-2014 at 05:37 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2760

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    Every time I see anything demonizing or condemning euthanasia and assisted suicide it always bothers me greatly. You are literally converting living persons into objects of decoration for your own emotional crutch.
    Totally agree. This isn't even a case of euthanasia, though, which is defined as an active intervention to end a life, versus just pulling the plug on the machines and withdrawing care until they naturally pass on their own. She can't even attempt to breathe on her own without the ventilator, so all we'd have to do is shut everything off and it'd be over in minutes.
         
       
    Now,
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.