Page 275 of 424 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 4237

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

  1. #2741
    Senior Rilvor's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alteir
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkCat View Post
    "The saying I just said."

    Mana drain, can no longer tap lands.
    "Care to elaborate on what you were "just" saying?"

    No items final destination

  2. #2742
    Junior Velryn's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Velryn
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Bigender
    Posts
    5
    How completely stupid some people can be in the world. Everyone has got such a hard on for a scandal that they'll make a big issue or twist anything to stir the shit pot. I mean really, people. And to clarify, this is about the news recently. Just type "Marilyn Manson" into Google and the stupid crap will come spewing right to the top. It's all fake, by the way.

    When I'm third-wheeling at a friends house and they assure me I can sleep comfortably in the other room immediately without them and their boyfriend doing any "rocking"... and ten minutes later it feels like the Hulk is trying to smash his way through the wall.

    Also when people say they can hear my music when I'm listening to my iPod. I know, fuckwad, SO CAN I. I mean I'd understand it if they just said to turn it down a little or if it's quiet in a room and it's peeving them a bit... but just announcing it like Captain Obvious just pisses me off.

    "You wear that *insert article of clothing or accessory here* a lot."
    Yes, I know. That's the beauty of OWNING something. You can wear it when ever you want.

    "I don't mean to offend you buuut... Are you sure that haircut goes with your body type?"
    Excuse me? I know hair is used to frame the face and compliment the body... but is it your fucking hair? Is it your fucking body? I didn't think so. So why do you care?

    "You swear too much. You're a writer aren't you? Can't you find some other word to get your point across?"
    Why yes you fucking fuck I absolutely can find many wonderful words to get my damned point across. I just prefer the short and punchy method with a lot of swearing because I'm not trying to impress anyone; I'm trying to make a point.

    Censorship really pisses me off, too. I hate music or movies being censored for content. It absolutely pisses me off to no end. It's just ruining the art of it. I also hate censoring creativity, especially mine. For example, I have to RP at least at a PG-13 level. I prefer R/M rated RP's. Not because my narrative is filthy, but because my characters are. If someone tries to restrict me into a box I simply cannot abide because I lose all inspiration.

    >_> Sorry for the scattered ramble.

  3. #2743
    Senior Kurk2288's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by Velryn View Post
    Just type "Marilyn Manson" into Google and the stupid crap will come spewing right to the top. It's all fake, by the way.
    Click-bait. Don't do it, don't waste your time, don't fund them through advertising.
    The vultures will do anything to fear monger for profits or personal gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by Velryn View Post
    Censorship really pisses me off, too. I hate music or movies being censored for content. It absolutely pisses me off to no end. It's just ruining the art of it. I also hate censoring creativity, especially mine. For example, I have to RP at least at a PG-13 level. I prefer R/M rated RP's. Not because my narrative is filthy, but because my characters are. If someone tries to restrict me into a box I simply cannot abide because I lose all inspiration.
    That's actually been happening a lot.
    People have been trying to push for more censorship under the guise of "justice", and "saving the children".

    For example, a video game character from League of legends, "Graves".
    Had any representation of cigars & tobacco removed, because it "teaches children that smoking is coool!"
    Which is funny, considering the game is about killing, fighting, weapons, guns, cleavage and all that jazz...

    Do people even know what freedom is anymore?
    Edit: Maybe parents should start actually raising their children,
    and stop leaving them to their "devices" and peers...
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-21-2014 at 05:36 AM.

  4. #2744
    Senior PapayaShark's Avatar
    Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    213
    My mum and brother chewing with their mouth open. Its so gross

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2745
    Retired Staff piņardilla's Avatar

    Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Gender
    Claims to be a porpoise.
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurk2288 View Post
    That's actually been happening a lot.
    People have been trying to push for more censorship under the guise of "justice", and "saving the children".

    For example, a video game character from League of legends, "Graves".
    Had any representation of cigars & tobacco removed, because it "teaches children that smoking is coool!"
    Which is funny, considering the game is about killing, fighting, weapons, guns, cleavage and all that jazz...

    Do people even know what freedom is anymore?
    Edit: Maybe parents should start actually raising their children,
    and stop leaving them to their "devices" and peers...
    Ehh. Kids are a lot more likely to take up smoking than killing people.

    It wasn't a new censorship push either, but because they're trying to broaden internationally without using different art assets for separate jurisdictions, which means being compliant with everyone's laws. And given that the tobacco industry has been caught targeting children in the past, I can understand why those laws exist.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

  6. #2746
    Senior Kurk2288's Avatar
    Weasyl
    N/A
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Gender
    Posts
    190
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 11-21-2014 at 09:28 AM.

  7. #2747
    Senior Rilvor's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Alteir
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Ehh. Kids are a lot more likely to take up smoking than killing people.

    It wasn't a new censorship push either, but because they're trying to broaden internationally without using different art assets for separate jurisdictions, which means being compliant with everyone's laws. And given that the tobacco industry has been caught targeting children in the past, I can understand why those laws exist.
    They are trying to make a series about John Constantine without him smoking.

    CONSTANTINE WITHOUT SMOKING, THAT DOES NOT RHYME WITH FINE.

    So no, fuck these people. I hate smoking with a passion but for fuck's sake.

    Edit: Vae I just looked into that (There are ways to avoid giving ad revenue) myself. Normally I'd be inclined to spit fire at Manson since every time he opens his mouth he manages to defame Goths by being an obnoxious asshole. But it seems obvious this was something else. Unfortunately people are stupid and I suppose we can add rape to one more thing Goths supposedly perpetuate. Even though Manson is not a Goth, his genre is metal he's just an asshole that dresses in black.

    "I heard that Goth idol Marilyn Manson made a rape video on Lana Del Ray" I'm just waiting for it. Ugh.
    Last edited by Rilvor; 11-22-2014 at 05:24 AM.

  8. #2748
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    Edit: Vae I just looked into that
    ???
    You mean Velryn?


    OT: This is more frustrating and depressing than anger-inducing, but this is the rant thread, so I'm going to rant.
    Under cut because personal.

     
    I don't know the exact details yet, because my mom called me up and didn't know much, herself.
    But she took my dad to the hospital due to the excruciating pain he was in because of his chemo, which has been getting worse the more treatments he's had, even while I was visiting a few weeks ago.
    And now they're saying that he has cancer in his spinal fluid. I think. That is what my mom heard.

    Which, if my understanding is correct, basically means that he's fucked.

    I'm still waiting for more information.
    But they said he was getting better, so this is just a huge knife in the back right now. Of my expectations, I guess.
    I'm trying not to think too much about it, because I can't really afford the luxury of crawling into my bed and just laying there for a few weeks, right now.

    But my mom is telling me to try and comfort my sister, and fuck, I dunno what to tell her. I don't want to lie to her. I'm not the doctors. I don't know what's going on.
    And I doubt my methods for coping with things is exactly healthy, either.
    "Hey Beth, here's a pack of cigarettes. Smoke the fuck up until you can't feel anymore. And then go sleep it off."
    The only way I've ever known how to deal with things is to either limit my exposure or to deaden myself to the point where I can't feel anything, because feeling things just makes my brain short-circuit.

    I really wanted him to be able to come out here and see the mountains and shit. I know it's the kind of thing that he likes. I know it's one of those kinds of situations where he'd want to take a million pictures.
    Ever since I got used to the area, it's all I could think about it. "Man, Dad would love this."
    But now I don't know if that's ever going to be a possibility.
    And that pisses me the fuck off.
    Last edited by Vae; 11-22-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Resident Koopa Trash

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2749
    Retired Staff piņardilla's Avatar

    Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Gender
    Claims to be a porpoise.
    Posts
    1,287
    Goddammit Vae, I'm so sorry. And after you'd had such good news before, too.

    Cancer cells in cerebrospinal fluid means it's probably metastasized to the meninges. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but in cases like these the situation usually deteriorates in months afterwards, with neurological impairment. Go spend time with your dad now if at all possible, because even if he hangs on for a while he may not quite be your dad anymore soon.

    Fuck. I wish I had something better to tell you.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

  10. #2750
    Senior Vae's Avatar
    Weasyl
    Vae
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the sky
    Gender
    Ludwig Von Koopa
    Posts
    1,697
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Goddammit Vae, I'm so sorry. And after you'd had such good news before, too.

    Cancer cells in cerebrospinal fluid means it's probably metastasized to the meninges. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but in cases like these the situation usually deteriorates in months afterwards, with neurological impairment. Go spend time with your dad now if at all possible, because even if he hangs on for a while he may not quite be your dad anymore soon.

    Fuck. I wish I had something better to tell you.
    I talked to him on the phone earlier today, since he's been getting more chemo, and he said they might have gotten to it early enough where they could still do something about it.

    He said they told him that in the worst case scenario, he has weeks or months. But that's the absolute worst possibility, not anything they've actually determined yet.

    He won't know more until Monday, when the rest of the doctors come back to the hospital after the weekend.
    But if it's that bad, I'm sure they'll fly me out again when they get the chance. Because I just got back here on the first of November after flying out there in Oct for almost the entire month.



    On an unrelated, but much less serious note:
    My husband is taking my stupid jokey crush on Lud way too seriously.
    First, he got really huffy and insecure about it (Which he tried to play off as just being embarrassed that I'm one of "those people". Read: weird fangirls. But I know better), and now he's trying to intentionally make me jealous by clamoring for attention from people on the internet.
    And it's like, I don't have time for this middleschool-tier bullshit right now.
    Rest assured dude, I'm not gonna run off with this fictional dragon turtle man to his castle in the clouds. I couldn't, even if I wanted to. Your position is secure. Fuck's sake.
    Resident Koopa Trash

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •