Page 271 of 424 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A
    Those few hrs before you get sick! You know it's coming, but when?! Currently on lvl 1 - dizziness, shivers & a side of nausea. Guess I should get the bowl ready. ;x

Weasyl
    N/A
    This... this shit pisses me right the fuck off, and I'm so sick of it I could puke.

I'm naturally a nice person. That's just how I am. I was taught to not be an asshole. I tip servers very well (at least 20-25%, more if I can spare), I don't act annoyed with anyone at all, I bum smokes to people - I'd give someone the shirt off my back if they needed it. For some fucked-up reason, though, everyone thinks one of two things about me when they first meet me: one, I'm a fake ass bitch. How can someone be that nice and not be trying to fuck you over? (This normally comes from women I try to date or have dated, or have any interest in whatsoever.) Or two, that I'm flirting with you. (This normally comes from guys. Single, friendzoned guys who think they have a chance of getting with me.)

Let me make something perfectly clear for everyone, right now, so there's no fucking confusion. I'M GAY. I DATE WOMEN. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VAGINA, I AM NOT GOING TO FUCK YOU. END OF STORY. The only "date" you could hope to get from me is going to Hooters with me on Sunday to watch football, have a beer, and check out some cleavage. And do NOT try to guilt trip me into having pity sex with you. News flash: I can't get any pussy either. The fuck makes you think you're gonna get any? Fuck outta here with that shit.

@Lunar_: I have been through a lot of this, as well, and I can empathize. I try my hardest not to lose my temper, to be genuinely nice to people because I think it's the right thing to do. I don't bother people unless I want to (attempt to) become friends, but I've had others interpret this as flirting, sucking up, begging for art, or a sign that they can keep me on hand, not speaking to me unless they need a favor, and nobody else will do it. (Trying to explain that I genuinely have no ulterior motives usually does not change their mind, even though it's true.) This includes offers to be someone's "backup girlfriend," because the girl they have a crush on said no, or because "I need a girl who will actually acknowledge me." I'm sorry, but I won't do that. I want to specifically find Mr. or Mrs. Right, someone who'll like me for me.

I'm sorry people have been jerks, you deserve a lot better. Keep being assertive and strong about it, and don't feel as if you should give up, or give in. You're assertive, and I like that.

Weasyl
    carnagemutt
    When people use literally incorrectly

"I LITERALLY BLEW UP!!!11"

No this is not ok

"I literally just said that a few minutes ago."

This is ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbird View Post
    When people use literally incorrectly
    Same. While I acknowledge that the use of a word will sometimes change over time, it worries me when it starts to gain the complete opposite, or a totally inaccurate meaning. To the point where when I say "literally" sometimes, I have to clarify that I mean "actually, literally" and not literally in the figurative sense of the word.

Example:

Friend: "You should buy the DLC for this game!"
    Me: "I literally cannot afford it."
    Friend: "Aw, c'mon! It's only $5!"
    Me: "I mean it. Literally. I don't even have $5."

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2706
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Spilling delicious french fries all over my lap right before I eat them Also when my pets, sister and mother make massively loud noises in the morning when I'm still in sleep-mode (the parrot and dogs being the worst).

Weasyl
    Jim-Medic-Dude(NSFW), Jim
    Hmmm...

Well, I tend to be pretty chill and let stuff slide most of the time, but I guess occasionally things do get me flustered. =w=

On the job, it's the people that call 911 for all their minor discomforts, or even worse, as a taxi to medsville.

When we pick up the person that thinks it's a life or death emergency to stub their toe or get a cold, or cart someone to the hospital because they need a med refill, we're taken out of service. We can't divert for heart-attacks, car crashes, what have you. We can't legally abandon any patient, even if they don't require any kind of real emergency medical care. So it always kinda bothers me when we go on the doopie poopie calls, 'cause then we're not ready to roll for when a real emergency in our area happens.

I forget the statistics, but significant numbers of people die or end up hospitalized for injuries or illnesses because ambulance response times get impeded with non-emergent 911 calls and frequent-flyers (or 'familiar faces'). I go out of my way to be empathetic, but when I'm at Mr. Doug Drinkstoomuch's house for the third time that day to help him onto the toilet, and I hear tones for somebody bleeding out in the middle of an intersection in my service area that I can no longer respond to, it makes me not-happy. ;w;

911 (or 999, or whatever your country uses) is for emergencies, use it accordingly plz. <3

Other much more minor thing: When I'm putting cheese in a crunchy taco shell but the shell fall sideways and the cheese falls out and it makes a mess of cheese shreddies no thanks please. TTwTT

Weasyl
    N/A
    Been working on a painting for awhile now and was pumped to try and finish it today.. but oh look the original file is no where to be found because I'm a dumbass who loves to delete everything in sight. I just want to CRUSH SOMETHING. -.-

FOUND, THANK GODD. Renamed it to the stupidest thing ever, but yayy I don't have to redo!
    Last edited by Moogle; 09-28-2014 at 03:35 PM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    It's 5am and I'm awake =/

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Not being able to find my traditional art supplies--right when I decide to try traditional art D: I had a pretty little kit with decent colored pencils, watercolors, and pastels... and I'd rather not spend money on more when I already have some :c

Also: Doing a group project by yourself because the rest of your group won't help. Even though you suggested how they could help. Multiple times. And the fuckers just shrugged or made a general "it looks fine" comment.
    And on top of that, I was sick the week before so I had so much work to make up while we were supposed to do the project that I couldn't work on it until the last minute.
    And then I have a shitton of other stuff to do in the next two days. That I now can't do because of this shitty project.

We're totally failing this project and the fuckers deserve it.
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 09-30-2014 at 06:27 PM.