Page 2 of 424 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    They pull this shit all the damn time, then they have the gall to brag about how they're the best at what they do. Within ten minutes of the Boston marathon bombing, they were bragging that they had a coveted 'local connection' to the story, because somebody local fucking died.
    :C
    I'm so glad that this sort of bullshit doesn't happen where I live...

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    (Not entirely everyday but still sorta) When people try to clap along to a song in semi-formal + concerts and programs. Because almost nobody in the audience ever has a good sense of tempo so they end up rushing and not only is it annoying but it can throw off the performers. Like, cmon guys. Is this really necessary.
    DUDE

I saw a concert video once. They literally had icons of hands clapping to the correct rhythm. Giant, clapping hands projected on the sides of the stage, clearly visible.

The crowd still rushed. I don't know how that's friggin' possible.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Working Sundays. Working Christmas Day. Working New Years Day. People who think I, personally, have failed them if I can't send a technician out to their place at 2AM on a statutory holiday. Feeling like a pawn in a war between two corporate empires in some Communist dystopia. Libertarians, Anarchists, Market-Fundamentalists, Social Conservatives, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    People that randomly spit

Fair enough if your in the street it will be washed away no problem
    But on a bus or train come on that's just disgusting

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by MEEHOO View Post
    People that randomly spit

Fair enough if your in the street it will be washed away no problem
    But on a bus or train come on that's just disgusting
    This so much. I used to know a dude who would do it on his carpet because he "has to spit after smoking every time". Fucking ew.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    This so much. I used to know a dude who would do it on his carpet because he "has to spit after smoking every time". Fucking ew.
    D: D:

The miscellaneous crap that carpets collect was enough reason for me to rip it out of my room and replace it with wood flooring. I can't imagine it being drenched with spit ew ew ew ew ew.

Oooh, something else that bugs the hell outta me:

"Why don't you just marry a rich guy?"

For a multitude of reasons, auntie, uncle, and gramma! Chief among which is that is a stupid suggestion. Co-chief among which is that such a thing would conflict with my dykery. And the... smaller-chief, Chief Jr., of which is that maybe I would like to actually be self-sufficient so I'm not totally reliant on another person financially.

Just some little reasons, y'know.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    People who can't spell "definitely"

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    You know what else grinds my gears? People (whether it be furries, bronies, ect.) that will substitute in words unironically. Somebody becomes somefurry. Everybody becomes everypony. I mean COME ON!

Also, people who don't know the difference between then and than.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshabi View Post
    You know what else grinds my gears? People (whether it be furries, bronies, ect.) that will substitute in words unironically. Somebody becomes somefurry. Everybody becomes everypony. I mean COME ON!

Also, people who don't know the difference between then and than.
    "hi i am not good at drawing. can anyfur draw my fursona or if not than do you know who does cheap comissions plz"

Weasyl
    Sonata
    Excessive repetition. If someone wants to tell me something, I understand if it's said once or twice. But if someone is telling me the same thing over and over three, five, ten times it makes me mad and I have to snap or tell them to freaking stop. It makes me feel stupid and I hate feeling that way.