Page 166 of 424 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    People asking for relationship advice on forums or open venues on internet. It's not bad per say to get a second opinion on things...but like 90% of the people asking about the problems haven't even really talked with their partner about the problem or are afraid to. You're going to spend more time with them, than us. Like...spend the time talking to people you may end up spending a majority of your life with!

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    Biting into a burrito filled with molten lava.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    That the SJW thread was closed just as I was about to submit a response.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Obnoxious people. I really want to confront them and tell them to tone it down a bit and be more reserved, but I know that will just make the situation worse. It's especially bad when they're in their little groups.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    Maybe he's avoiding you o3o
    Wow. I must be really abhorrent for him to ditch me by hiding in the bathroom :V
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Quote Originally Posted by sassySloth View Post
    Wow. I must be really abhorrent for him to ditch me by hiding in the bathroom :V
    Or he's just that passive-aggressive. My girlfriend's room mate once didn't say a word to her for two days because it bothered her that I hung out with her in the room. We didn't even kiss or grope at each other around her or anything because apparently she hates PDA's so much.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Newt View Post
    That the SJW thread was closed just as I was about to submit a response.
    Only a matter of time, really. Certain people deliberately took it to personal levels in an effort to get it locked, I'm sure.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Boss: "Can we rebuild this site responsively?"
    Me: "We can, but it already is responsive. It seems kind of pointless to re-do someone else's work when it looks fine."
    Boss: "Good point. Do we have the site files?"
    Me: "Nope, but I'll see if we can get them."
    Boss: "Good! Keep me updated."

--

Boss: "WE'VE SPENT ALL WEEK ASKING FOR SITE FILES WHEN THE CLIENT PAID FOR A FULL REBUILD AND NOW HE'S THREATENING TO LEAVE. I TRUST YOU ALL TO ACTUALLY READ THE NOTES BEFORE STARTING A PROJECT AND THAT CLEARLY WASN'T DONE."

WELL EXCUSE ME FOR NOT BEING A GODDAMN PSYCHIC AND DOING WHAT YOU DIRECTLY ASKED ME TO DO.

Auuuuuuuughhhh this shit happens all the goddamn time here. I wish I had any confidence in myself to go elsewhere and get a higher-paying job, but I seriously doubt "knows HTML/CSS/SASS/a smattering of PHP but mostly Wordpress-related crap" could net me a Real Web Developer Job.

Sometimes I have the mental energy to study basic programming shit after a day of work. I clearly need to manage it more often. God damn.
    Last edited by Ruggy; 04-02-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post

Auuuuuuuughhhh this shit happens all the goddamn time here. I wish I had any confidence in myself to go elsewhere and get a higher-paying job, but I seriously doubt "knows HTML/CSS/SASS/a smattering of PHP but mostly Wordpress-related crap" could net me a Real Web Developer Job.

You should look around anyway if you can find the time for it, if you don't get any bites nothing changes, but if you do you may find a job that you're happier with, or one that'll be willing to take you and give you some training.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    You should look around anyway if you can find the time for it, if you don't get any bites nothing changes, but if you do you may find a job that you're happier with, or one that'll be willing to take you and give you some training.
    That is a good idea. :/ I can almost overlook stuff like this for the fringe benefits of being able to work from home some days, but the bitchy email she sent out was titled "what % of your pay is [what the client paid us]" and my first thought was, "shit, clients pay us that much and you're paying me $13 an hour? i can't even afford to live in an apartment around here."
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.