Page 11 of 424 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
    Holy fuck Java and Eclipse me want to punt babies.
    LEt's share our torment together.

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    dreads
    They always look so... scroungy?
    Like they had nice hair before it was sucked halfway into a vacuum cleaner.
    This guy I used to know in high school had dreads. But then after awhile it looked more like he just didn't bathe or anything because eventually his hair got so matted it just turned into one big clump.

It always seems like when people try to do dreads, they forget you still have to wash them. :/

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    When I ask someone to stop doing something and they continue to do it anyway because they think it's funny.

Weasyl
    Percy
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiko View Post
    Holy fuck Java and Eclipse me want to punt babies.
    This is how I felt when I was in computer science a year ago. It was the bane of my existence; at least what the class forced me to do. Why couldn't they have just let me do the programs how I wanted to do them? .-.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    People who get the genre of music I happen to have playing wrong don't bother me, I expect that, it's when their attitude and delivery imply that they know this for certain and totally aren't making it up to impress their ignorant friends.

For example;

Textbook description of early twenties hipster enters store with 3 other younger dudes in tow. This is what I had playing over the sound system. While working, I overhear "Yeah I've heard this song I just don't remember the name right now. It's a "Circus Scream-o" band. As if this is is even an actual genre, if it is someone please correct and then kill me, despite being hilariously incorrect.

Fast forward to a week later this evening, and here we go again haha. This time these gentlemen are playing. This time it is "Death Metal".

It isn't so much about being incorrect, that I can forgive. It has more to do with the means of delivery. It is head-shake inducing haha.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Well I wouldn't expect them to ask. Gotta appear cool and knowledgable at the price of being a complete tool, after all.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    People who get the genre of music I happen to have playing wrong don't bother me, I expect that, it's when their attitude and delivery imply that they know this for certain and totally aren't making it up to impress their ignorant friends.

For example;

Textbook description of early twenties hipster enters store with 3 other younger dudes in tow. This is what I had playing over the sound system. While working, I overhear "Yeah I've heard this song I just don't remember the name right now. It's a "Circus Scream-o" band. As if this is is even an actual genre, if it is someone please correct and then kill me, despite being hilariously incorrect.

Fast forward to a week later this evening, and here we go again haha. This time these gentlemen are playing. This time it is "Death Metal".

It isn't so much about being incorrect, that I can forgive. It has more to do with the means of delivery. It is head-shake inducing haha.
    How do you even...
    What?
    I...
    What?

Soft death metal and screamo without screaming.
    Oksure.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    Vae
    I hate that I need to work on stuff, but I'm too stressed out to work on stuff because my thoughts won't calm the hell down.

This is why I need to get a vape kit. So I don't have to go all the way outside and freeze my ass off just because I need a cigarette to think. Blegh.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Stupidly inept people.
    Swagfags who can't even know the difference between a freezer and a fridge, or don't know how to make french fries in the oven, or even know how to peel a fucking potato.
    We even have a word for those in the Finnish language.
    Where did we go wrong.