Page 302 of 424 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    When I get a grievous enough injury on my right first finger that it actively impedes everything that I do in any given activity (including art). Typing this took twice as long as a direct result. You should have heard the colorful swearing and ranting when I had to pull that thick, inch-long splinter out...

Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    That moment when you have SO MANY freaking ideas for potential stories to write down and develop that you do not know which to focus on, and they all end up overlapping.
    If you ever need a sounding board to talk about this special kind of struggle, you have a kindred spirit with me. We can talk about each idea is more brilliant, more genius than the last and in the end sob about how you'll never have enough hours or opportunities in the day to be able to use them all.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    People who feel the need to give you the silent treatment and aren't willing to tell you what you did wrong?? :|

Never understood this lack of communication thing. If something truly bothers you its best to do something about it or else you'll just keep feeling like shit.Letting it boil under the surface and give someone the silent treatment and glaring etc. at them will do absolutely nothing in your favor. \_(ツ)_/

Weasyl
    N/A
    I'm sick and tired of this fucking course. It's the last official day and I"m fucked. I know exactly zero of the math that was taught which fucks me for the entire exam because some fucks decided that two 3hr are sufficient for teaching an entire module. I can't fucking do this. I CAN'T. FUCKING. DO IT.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I have this problem all of the time. I'll add in when you work Full-time, so you have so many springboards that come to mind while you're on the job and just disappear into the aether.
    And let me add one more knife to the wound of my frustration: The moment you have an exquisite idea that you crave to manifest unto the world one way or another but you fail the skills required to do so. That is basically me whenever I want to illustrate a character, a race, a fictional armour, scenery or anything for my stories in order to better manipulate them by having a visual point of reference but oh so obviously lacking the visual talent to perform such a feat.
    Or when it comes to crafting as part of historical reenactment. I want to complete this beautiful piece of equipment, or make this nice jewelry, but my experience in crafts is just not so refined YET in order to complete it without needing help or having the oh so obvious novice touch.

But, for crafting and writing at least, this sort of frustration is one of the many things that encourage me to progress... so I got that going.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLadyMonster View Post
    When I get a grievous enough injury on my right first finger that it actively impedes everything that I do in any given activity (including art). Typing this took twice as long as a direct result. You should have heard the colorful swearing and ranting when I had to pull that thick, inch-long splinter out...

If you ever need a sounding board to talk about this special kind of struggle, you have a kindred spirit with me. We can talk about each idea is more brilliant, more genius than the last and in the end sob about how you'll never have enough hours or opportunities in the day to be able to use them all.
    hah! Your offer is most appreciated, and I shall gladly accept such an invitation anytime. I am always looking forward for someone to share and discuss all sorts of ideas with. Not only it makes for wonderful conversations but also keeps the brain running, with ideas coming and going and coming and going.

If there is one good thing I see in forgetting ideas or seeing them overlap, is that the idea that will come afterwards after the previous has been lost will always be better.

Weasyl
    KajTaotsu
    Looking at the clock and seeing 4:30, and checking back again in what seems like a few minutes to realize that 2-3 hours have passed and barely anything has been accomplished.
    Even after the darkest nights, morning always comes.

Hungry? Check out my gallery for recipes!

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Having to enter data exactly as it appears, only to find out some of it wasn't listed correctly and having to go back and redo the information again. Especially when the mistakes are obviously laziness.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Got a 67 on my final...

I'm gonna cry for the rest of the night

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    My condolences, that's pretty hard.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Sorry to hear that Damian. Had that same issue with a business class this semester. Our final was a business pitch which equated to most of our grade and I ended up getting a 70- something despite spending so much time on it.

Finals are just so stressful. OTL

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    My condolences, that's pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malevolentmask View Post
    Sorry to hear that Damian. Had that same issue with a business class this semester. Our final was a business pitch which equated to most of our grade and I ended up getting a 70- something despite spending so much time on it.

Finals are just so stressful. OTL
    It's not so much the grade is that...the final seemed so much easier so I thought "Hey yeah I could make it" and then NOPE.
    So basically my optimism crushed. Had I expected to fail it, it wouldnt be so bad. It'd be like "oh yeah, I figured" and that'd be that.

This is like, the second time in a month I was really hanging on to something only to have my face-slapped (figuratively speaking).