Page 416 of 424 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    N/A
    So im downloading something on Utorrent, i see that you can stream files so i click on it and it says "streaming is only available in bittorrent pro" *7 days free trial click here* so i click and i get the free trial, i then go to "stream file"....

"currently avi files are not supported in the free trial of streaming but should stream in Pro. you can also use the files tab to play them" get Utorrent Pro"

Oh im sorry, stupid me..i thought that with my 7 day TRIAL of access to the streaming feature i could actually try to stream files ._.
    Last edited by Aquinon; 09-24-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    The best way I find to calm yourself down with this mindset is to imagine what you'd have done on the other end (say if you were the one who initiated in talking to another, would you just be doing it to humour them?). A majority of the time it's quite simple and hardly ever hostile. Regarding a person who misspoke, maybe they heard or saw something (while speaking to you) that made them remember an earlier situation/conversation, that'd be distracting enough for them to end up blurting out a random word. However I can totally understand overreacting, makes me wonder if these thoughts have anything to do with confidence issues though.

Welcome back btw, Damian! Been awhile since I last saw you around here, hope you've been well. <3

OT: Bout 1 more day left of summer, I'm not ready for the cold and cloudiness. Hands already feel like icicles..
    I'm weird. I dont usually like talking to people unless i initiate it or they're already in my small circle of friends/acquaintances.

As for being well, all i can say is I'm alive. Life has been battering me around left and right but It's whatever.

On topic what grinds my gears is forgetting homework at home and remembering it when I'm on the highway. UGH. I'm sure my teacher will let me turn it in next time as it's only a personality quiz. Still. UGH
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    I hate that this day is going by so slowly. I don't want to wait until Friday, dammit.
    Also, this valley girl smacking her gum next to me.
    Last edited by SidewalkSurfboard; 09-24-2015 at 12:00 PM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    When a song starts off sooo good... but then it turns sooo bad.

Get your random dubstep out of my nice musics, dang it!

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    So this is a rant and is going to jump around a bit but...

What grinds my gears is white privilege and racism. For real... I have a friend suffering for so many reasons, and yet one of them is definitely because she is black. She doesn't even try to let it bother her. She doesn't lash out at white people. But she still gets screwed over by white people of influence seeing her skin color and somehow being disappointed that she exists. And when it's not that it's because she's a woman. When it's not that it's because she is too competent with her job. Does that even make sense? No, but you keep seeing it with idiots getting jealous.
    Whatever happened to admiration? Why is it when someone is good at what they do people respond with, "Let's screw that person over because they are making me look bad or think they are better than me." instead of "Wow they are an awesome worker. I should strive to be like that person."

My twin has even had to go through that part. Of people not appreciating that she knows what she's doing, she's competent, and she knows how to do it well. Oh, and the plus of actually enjoying her job. I'm so tired of negative imbeciles crapping on other people. How do incompetent, miserable people outnumber competent, uplifting people? Misery might like company, but this is ridiculous. I just want to punch some people. Slap them so hard their ears ring. People I care about, people very close to my heart are being mistreated.

Also, back to the racism part, it's 2015. Get with the times. This racism and prejudice needs to be gone already. These should be dying mentalities.
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-25-2015 at 01:41 AM.

Weasyl
    Dvir
    All of this FA BS is Really Grinding my gears atm....

Weasyl
    N/A
    People who cannot drive without the slightest bit of common sense grinds my gears...

I feel like I just just stop calling it 'common sense' because it does not seem all that common any more

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    i HATE how common sence isnt common
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I commonly find cents on the ground. People must keep losing it every day

What REAAALLLY grates on me is when people claim to "know" about religion but really only barely know about Christianity and their only source is Facebook memes.

No. Jesus was NOT a carbon copy of Horus or Osiris. Stop using Psalms as something to forward an argument. That makes about as much sense as someone using Christian Rock as quotes from God.

STOP IT. STAAAAHHHHPPPPP
    Last edited by Damian; 09-25-2015 at 10:30 AM.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Not a carbon copy no. The goal was to combine as many religious facets and traditions as possible to quickly spread adoption among the roman empire with as little resistance as possible. It did no good saying you can't celebrate the winter solstice, it was more appealing to say you can still celebrate it, just call it Christmas. Jesus wasn't even the first messiah, he was just the most popular one.
    Last edited by DrunkCat; 09-25-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    "To tell us that every species of thing is endowed with an occult specific quality by which it acts and produces manifest effects, is to tell us nothing; but to derive two or three general principles of motion from phenomena, and afterwards to tell us how the properties and actions of all corporeal things follow from those manifest principles, would be a very great step." -Issac Newton, Optics
    "You are what you do not do." - Relax