Page 411 of 424 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    People who have no regard for boundaries. I mean, for real. I'd get pissed enough myself if a guy put his hands on me inappropriately without my permission. But women are terrorized every moment because some guy gets it in his head that he can take advantage of any lady who looks weak enough or is separated from the herd. Who in their right freaking mind ever thinks it's okay to block someone's path, touch, or even grope another person? Especially if it is a stranger or someone they barely know. I get that there's this "people are mingling" mentality at bars and social scenes, but damn people there are still obvious boundaries in place.

Decent people start with talking to the person. Try to engage a little bit, get to know them a little bit. Read their body language.
    If they don't seem interested then don't bother them anymore let alone touch them. And if they seem more welcoming, there's always a hand shake, one armed hug, shoulder squeeze, whatever to have appropriate, personable touch. And guess what? If someone's drunk they're not your good time.

Here's something to relate: My mom got her butt groped at a bar once. She punched the guy on the top of his shoulder hard enough that even though he was still walking away he dropped to one knee. He didn't turn around and when he got back up he ran.

I'm not saying people should do that. Dudes are retarded and might confront or escalate. But sometimes its nice to have a creep get put in his place like that. And ladies shouldn't be afraid to be drinking and enjoying themselves in public ya know?
    Last edited by Viciviser; 09-15-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Parental controls?
    school blocks.

i...i...i have been diagnosed with HCV, but there seems to be a cure.....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Viciviser View Post
    People who have no regard for boundaries. I mean, for real. I'd get pissed enough myself if a guy put his hands on me inappropriately without my permission. But women are terrorized every moment because some guy gets it in his head that he can take advantage of any lady who looks weak enough or is separated from the herd. Who in their right freaking mind ever thinks it's okay to block someone's path, touch, or even grope another person? Especially if it is a stranger or someone they barely know. I get that there's this "people are mingling" mentality at bars and social scenes, but damn people there are still obvious boundaries in place.

Decent people start with talking to the person. Try to engage a little bit, get to know them a little bit. Read their body language.
    If they don't seem interested then don't bother them anymore let alone touch them. And if they seem more welcoming, there's always a hand shake, one armed hug, shoulder squeeze, whatever to have appropriate, personable touch. And guess what? If someone's drunk they're not your good time.

Here's something to relate: My mom got her butt groped at a bar once. She punched the guy on the top of his shoulder hard enough that even though he was still walking away he dropped to one knee. He didn't turn around and when he got back up he ran.

I'm not saying people should do that. Dudes are retarded and might confront or escalate. But sometimes its nice to have a creep get put in his place like that. And ladies shouldn't be afraid to be drinking and enjoying themselves in public ya know?
    Unrelated to bars, but I hate that some people seem to forget all their manners when around a costumed person. I hear a lot of convention horror stories about cosplayers being groped, tackled, or otherwise harassed. (Males AND females get harassed, and either by overzealous fanboys or fangirls. Gender doesn't matter, no one is safe. :p) Even if someone is dressed as a character showing a lot of skin, or a character you like, or even if said character is a "flirty" or "promiscuous" type, that does NOT mean that the actual person cosplaying the character wants anything to do with you. As people in the community say, cosplayers are NOT the character they're playing, and "cosplay does not equal consent".

Same goes for fursuiters. Some people forget that there's an actual human being behind the big fuzzy animal they see.

And completely unrelated to that, I'm getting pretty irritated with this sculpture I'm trying to start. I wish I had some foam for the core of the sculpture (It has to be hollow, the core will be removed later), but all I have is tinfoil. It's pokey and scratchy to work with, and hard to shape properly. The tutorial I'm following said to wrap the foil core in plastic wrap to smooth it out, but then the clay doesn't want to stick to that. Heck, the plastic doesn't want to stick to itself, making wrapping the core tightly near impossible.

I feel like I'm in over my head with this one, I'm quite a bit discouraged right now. Which sucks, since I really wanted to make a sculpture like this. :c

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Tries to draw > Someone at door

Tries to draw > Someone calls for my help

Tries to draw > Video game some how magically opens itself and forces me to play it

Tries to draw > Nosebleed

Plz

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    Tries to draw > Someone at door

Tries to draw > Someone calls for my help

Tries to draw > Video game some how magically opens itself and forces me to play it

Tries to draw > Nosebleed

Plz
    I get so angry when it's like that too. There's times when every little thing happens to break your concentration. Rrrrggggg!

Hewge, I feel your pain. I've taken to just ignoring everyone to the point of impoliteness to be able to just draw. People suck. :c

Annnnd what grinds my gears is the muzak the play at the clothing-store I'm currently working in as a student-worker for this week. I get that they want to make the shopping experience more pleasant for the customer, but if I have to hear one more smooth jazz / lounge-rendition of another song, I'm going to scream. Or fall asleep.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I really despise customers who think they can diagnose their vehicles and then argue with me when I tell them that what they want me to do won't fix their concern. It's even worse when they start arguing "But the guy at AutoZone said..."

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    not much going on lately... i mean come on i NEED somthing to keep my mind busy
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrockangel View Post
    Annnnd what grinds my gears is the muzak the play at the clothing-store I'm currently working in as a student-worker for this week. I get that they want to make the shopping experience more pleasant for the customer, but if I have to hear one more smooth jazz / lounge-rendition of another song, I'm going to scream. Or fall asleep.
    Just wait until you get Rickrolled. "I think... Is that... That is. Great." It happened to me at a grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    Just wait until you get Rickrolled. "I think... Is that... That is. Great." It happened to me at a grocery store.
    It's even better. They have this song that sounds very jazzy and smooth, so it totally fits inside the playlist. Until you listen to the lyrics.

It's an explicit song about oral sex. Like.. explicit-explicit. First time I heard it, I had to excuse myself and walk to the breakroom because I was laughing so loudly. For context: the store I work at is kind of like a European Macy's, all fancy and shit.