Page 148 of 424 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    I have annoying problems like that with my bamboo too, I kind of suspect it's windows being an ass and also a bit photoshop not playing nice either, cause for me mostly it's doing that thing where it draws a little circle around your pointer and is generally unresponsive. Or it has trouble remembering the proper tool for each end, or other things get stuck and the occasional pressure sensitivity loss. This really interrupts my work flow, and it didn't do it till I switched to using PS over GIMP. In gimp I could have the zoom tool assigned to the mouse, a brush to the nib, and an eraser to the eraser...and it wouldn't forget which was what or get stuck with the same tool for all of them.

I've pretty much gotten used to it cause PS is a bit better than GIMP at some things (and I don't really remember how to use GIMP anymore), but I really wish it wouldn't do so many annoying things!

One thing you can try instead of resetting your computer is to shut down PS, then restart it and hold...er Shift I think it was? It resets PS in a way, I know it's helped with tablet woes and other issues in the past at least. I haven't done it in a while though so I can't remember if it was shift or not. Can anyone remember?
    I don't really draw in Photoshop, though. I edit a little bit, but like just about everything I do, digitally, is in Sai.
    Unless the shift trick also works with it.
    Resident Koopa Trash

I have no idea cause I don't have SAI.

A quick google search says that SAI doesn't have an easy way to do that other than mucking around in it's directory.

It does look like many of the people offering solutions are saying that SAI is forgetting the settings entirely, and it look like SAI, like GIMP has a way to manually set that up in the settings in the options somewhere, maybe finding that setting can allow you to fix the pressure problem without having to reset everything?
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    N/A
    When you accidently push earwax into your ear too far, urg this has never happened before! I DON'T LIKE BEING DEAF IN ONE EAR. Wonder if there's plungers for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    When my computer randomly drops pressure sensitivity for my tablet.
    Meaning that I have to restart the whole goddamned thing, if I want to draw.
    That happends to me as well, it's so annoying. Kinda glad it's not from the tablet (or maybe it is, since most the people who are having this issue have wacoms).

Weasyl
    Autumnstorm
    Wet socks.

I'm far more irritated by that than I probably should be.
    Avatar image created by BenjiUki!

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    I have to agree
    But you can just change them problem solved

Wet shoes are worse in my opinion especially if your away from home and can't change them
    Last edited by MEEHOO; 03-16-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    When you accidently push earwax into your ear too far, urg this has never happened before! I DON'T LIKE BEING DEAF IN ONE EAR. Wonder if there's plungers for this?
    That's actually the reason why you're not supposed to use Q-tips, there's quite a few risks involved including shoving the wax deeper

I recall Oprah had an episode on the topic, and recommended washing the ear out with saline water (half salt half water), or mineral oil

I also found a reddit thread which recommends using olive oil

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Or you could just use your finger like everybody else.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Was reminded of them again today. They were gone for so long during winter.

Damn geckos and their sneak attacks always surprise me. Can't do anything normally with them around. A quick movement to my direction is enough to make me jump.

And to this day, I still question myself.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybby View Post
    That's actually the reason why you're not supposed to use Q-tips, there's quite a few risks involved including shoving the wax deeper

I recall Oprah had an episode on the topic, and recommended washing the ear out with saline water (half salt half water), or mineral oil

I also found a reddit thread which recommends using olive oil
    Thanks for the link! Still clogged, gonna check these out asap. I didn't use a q-tip actually, I was just scratchin' an rubbing my ear and that happened. Bad luck! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    Or you could just use your finger like everybody else.
    Finger's what caused it.

You really shouldn't be sticking anything in your ear at all (I suppose at least you can't puncture your eardrum with your fingers)

Not that I can talk, I stick my fingers in my ears all the time.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!