Page 331 of 424 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanBones View Post
    You all know about Fallout 4?

Well I hate it when people say the are a fan of Fallout, but never played any of the games other than 3 and newvegas.

I actually hate it when people to that in general, not just fallout but with anything really.

It makes me want to murder someone.
    Can't say I agree with you there, LeviathanBones. Like Antumbra said, people have to start somewhere. Not everyone wants to play a series from the beginning, and many people don't hav the money to buy/rent all or most of the games... Some people don't have the time to play them all, if it's a long series. There's also people like Antumbra and me, who never had the platforms that some of the games came out on (I missed out on a lot of things from not owning a PS2 as a kid.)

I love the Metal Gear Solid Series, and I play as many of the games as I can. I've played and finished most of them except for Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, Ghost Babel, and a couple of other random ones like Metal Gear Acid 2 (and one other game that shall not be named :v). However, I don't get bothered when people say they like Metal Gear after only playing a couple of the games. At most, I encourage them to play Snake Eater if they haven't already, because that's my favorite, hehe. If they don't though, that's fine, too.

Anyways, being a fan of a series isn't some exclusive club. If someone likes a series I like, that's a good thing!
    And hey, just because they haven't played the other games yet, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

EDIT: What grinds my gears is that I always forget what I wanted to post in here, before seeing other people's posts and getting sidetracked...
    Last edited by Umbra_Exe; 06-10-2015 at 02:03 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3302

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    This is something that makes my job fun at times. Snotty teenagers that don't know a damned thing have no choice but to ask me for help when it comes to their piercings.

Not that the vast majority of people don't seem to know anything about their piercings. I don't get how so many people can do these things and not even learn the first thing about this permanent wound they just decided to get. Especially in the case of some piercings.
    I'd be interested in seeing a writeup from you about piercings and caring for them, or at least some links to what you consider the best beginner resources. I'm thinking about finally getting some.

Quote Originally Posted by Antumbra View Post
    Gotta start somewhere! I would grind your gears then. I never had a PC that could play anything so Fallout 3 on the 360 was the first I could ever buy.
    Fallout 1 and 2 are so old now, they'll run on literally anything that doesn't belong in a museum. I recommend you try them! Just be sure to install the fan patches, the scripting is notoriously buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by axelthefox View Post
    One thing i hate too though is when during a 6 hour flight in FSX or X plane, when i begin to land the plane,my computer freezes and crashes to desktop,it doesn't do it that often.
    Instrument failure, no survivors.
    Last edited by piņardilla; 06-10-2015 at 02:57 AM.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Namba
    Not so much gear-grinding as much as depressing, but a long-time friend since the very dawn of my joining FA (looong before I was Namba) messages me saying he's probably never going to talk to me again... fuck.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3304

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Namba View Post
    Not so much gear-grinding as much as depressing, but a long-time friend since the very dawn of my joining FA (looong before I was Namba) messages me saying he's probably never going to talk to me again... fuck.
    That's always disheartening to hear. Friends shouldn't just abandon friends without even trying to resolve their differences.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Therion
    When people think their a little higher then you and push your nose to the ground trying to put you in your place. The day that everything just comes clashing down and rolls onto the table for everyone to see. Is the day all my theories are confirmed. I'm apparently smarter then I look working on the little information that I had! Lol Maybe I have an idea of what I'm talking about?! Who's nose is in the dirt now?!! Course your high and mighty self won't admit it but that's OK. You tried and you failed. ^^ I'll leave you to lick your wounds but just know I saw everything. Lol

Why's this happy moment in rants? Well because of the things I was right about. @.@ Oh your ganna give me an ulcser! With the crap that's going on! I don't want to scream at the higher heavens "I was right!!" this time. Thanks, no really thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra_Exe View Post
    Can't say I agree with you there, LeviathanBones. Like Antumbra said, people have to start somewhere. Not everyone wants to play a series from the beginning, and many people don't hav the money to buy/rent all or most of the games... Some people don't have the time to play them all, if it's a long series. There's also people like Antumbra and me, who never had the platforms that some of the games came out on (I missed out on a lot of things from not owning a PS2 as a kid.)

I love the Metal Gear Solid Series, and I play as many of the games as I can. I've played and finished most of them except for Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes, Ghost Babel, and a couple of other random ones like Metal Gear Acid 2 (and one other game that shall not be named :v). However, I don't get bothered when people say they like Metal Gear after only playing a couple of the games. At most, I encourage them to play Snake Eater if they haven't already, because that's my favorite, hehe. If they don't though, that's fine, too.

Anyways, being a fan of a series isn't some exclusive club. If someone likes a series I like, that's a good thing!
    And hey, just because they haven't played the other games yet, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

EDIT: What grinds my gears is that I always forget what I wanted to post in here, before seeing other people's posts and getting sidetracked...
    It is a difference from not having anything. That I am fine with. It is just when someone claims to know everything about it, when they haven't even played the 1st or 2nd.
    Fallout 4 ! WOOOO YEAH!

*Cough*

I am also doing commissions for a max of $2.00! https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...g-and-all-2-00

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    You know when you're reading Youtube comments and someone actually comments on the video and the next guy replies to them with "Fuck off and die, Brony." just because they have pony avatar? I cannot stand that. What is that supposed to accomplish? Is your life so small and boring that you have to say things like this to feel better about yourself? Also, anyone who sees "everyone in this fandom is X." "All bronies are pedophiles, all Sonic fans are autistic." And they stand by these facts PASSIONATELY, as if this is the ONLY truth that fandom represents. All I can think is "Why on earth are you letting the hobbies of COMPLETE STRANGERS bother you this much??" You will never meet these people in real life, nor have they done anything to you personally, and yet you act like they're going to come after you or they're the scum of the earth. Hell, if I had a son, I rather him be into colorful cartoon ponies than a fucking serial killer or rapist. People like that are the scum of the earth.

On a lighter note, I can't stand coconut. It doesn't taste like anything, what am I supposed to do with it?? I wish my husband wouldn't make poke (pronounced "po-kay" I believe). It's a Hawaiian dish that takes fish and marinates it in soy sauce or something. By the end of the day, the apartment just smells like fish and soy sauce and it's gross, but my husband can't get it anywhere, so he makes it here and it's gross. ;_;
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviathanBones View Post
    It is a difference from not having anything. That I am fine with. It is just when someone claims to know everything about it, when they haven't even played the 1st or 2nd.
    Ah, I see. But you can still be a fan of something without claiming to know all about it. If you'd mentioned that part earlier it may have made things a bit clearer for me, sorry.

Your statement just reminded me of a friend of mine, who acts like he knows all about MGS... Yet I can blow his mind with relatively simple facts. To my knowledge, though, he's played most of the games I have, plus Peace Walker as well.
    I remember the time he thought I was joking when I told him there was a Gameboy Color MGS game, and flipped the heck out when I showed him the copy I just happened to have in my backpack. It was pretty embarrassing how much he overreacted, actually, considering we were in a relatively quiet restaurant. Geez, man, it's a game cartridge, not a freaking unicorn.

On an unrelated note, it was pretty difficult getting back home today, with all the construction being done on my street. I didn't know they were going to be closing half the street, since I left before any of the construction crew came.

It's pretty inconvenient when there's something being maintained on my street, since my house is often on the side that is blocked off from traffic. Sometimes I just have to go to the park or the store and stay there until they leave, since I can't even get home some days. :I Thankfully, I was able to access my driveway this time. I do wish they'd give us a little heads-up, though.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Related to this topic, I hate the mindset that someone has to play/read/watch a specific movie/book/game to be a "true-fan." everyone enjoys something a bit differently. It doesn't make them less of a fan if they don't know as much or have only played/read/watched one game/book/movie within a series.

On the topic of Fallout. All the hype that Fallout 4 got encouraged several of my friends (and two of my brothers) to finally pick up the series so all in all everyone starts somewhere and there's nothing wrong with that. 8'D

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    People calling any and all piercing jewelry "Gauges". This is like going into a clothing store and calling everything "Sizes". If you do this, please stop. You sound like a moron.