Page 67 of 424 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Conner View Post
    People who complain that nobody likes them and everybody ignores or gives them the cold shoulder, when clearly their self defeating attitude and constant pessimism is the source of that treatment. Oh, and any attempt to explain them that is a personal attack and I'm "just like all the others."
    I find that people like this also tend to be just really vindictive and selective in general about who they want to hang out with. Like anyone who's not exactly like them is automatically eliminated from the list of people they could make friends with.

It's so weird.

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Google Images, how is 1100px a "medium-sized" image?
    I'm with Ratte on this one, although I'd say not only displays but cameras too. 1024x768 isn't high resolution any more. Heck, the display on my phone is higher resolution than that.

Wild guess: "medium" means "between 640x480 and HD".

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    People that wear so much perfume, I can smell it lingering long after they've left our little shop. Ugh.

Weasyl
    Rico
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    I find that people like this also tend to be just really vindictive and selective in general about who they want to hang out with. Like anyone who's not exactly like them is automatically eliminated from the list of people they could make friends with.

It's so weird.
    I tried being friends with someone like that for 4ish years. It was not easy. Finally broke off after I disagreed with them on something minor and they refused to talk about it and just insulted me a whole bunch instead.

Lost about 5 friends from that because their buddies tagged along on the hate train. Now I just feel dumb for not realizing that sort've elitism isn't worth tiptoeing around just for friendship. >_>
    avatar is by me forgetting to change this

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyWoods View Post
    The worst one is the tract disguised as money. Dopes slip it into tip wallets after a meal, and when the waiter/waitress opens it up, expecting a little cash they can bring home to their families or just have a little fun with, they discover a preachy sermon instead. Ha ha! You really pulled one over on me! Just wait here while I call the cops to arrest you for counterfeiting.
    One of the big reasons it bothers me is not the handing out of religious literature, I tell them no thanks. But people are afraid to say no because they may incur the wrath of God. Then they don't know what to do with it when they accept it. So they're afraid to put them in the trash, so they end up littering park benches, bus seats or other places because they think they're going to hell if they throw away holy words of scripture.

Weasyl
    Vae
    The thing that bothers me the most about it is they're basically just using their own religion as an excuse to be a penny-pinching dickbag. They shouldn't try to disguise it as a "noble cause," because it isn't one. It's basically just creating an even worse situation than if they'd walked out without any semblance of a tip left, because it's just teasing the server.

Fuck the people that do this.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Solaris-Meadow
    I usually hate when I'm trying to walk somewhere and a group of people just comes up behind me and proceed to talk very loudly while only a few inches behind me. x.x I doubt they do it on purpose but it annoys that crap outta me! While on the subject of people walking I hate when people walk very very very slowly in front of you when you're trying to go to class >U couples are the main offenders of this! Gah! Move your butts faster people!

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Doubting myself freaking sucks. I should have learned this ages ago that doubting my decisions and answers will fuck me up in the end.

And it just did, again. Really grinds my gear how I'm easily swayed on topics I'm not familiar with.

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    It's basically just creating an even worse situation than if they'd walked out without any semblance of a tip left, because it's just teasing the server.
    On a somewhat related note, one of the things I really appreciate about Australia is that we don't have a tipping culture. Service staff have to be paid a decent wage and the service is included in the price (along with taxes, for that matter). Also means they can't be stiffed by this sort of garbage.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    The thing that bothers me the most about it is they're basically just using their own religion as an excuse to be a penny-pinching dickbag. They shouldn't try to disguise it as a "noble cause," because it isn't one. It's basically just creating an even worse situation than if they'd walked out without any semblance of a tip left, because it's just teasing the server.

Fuck the people that do this.
    This is why Sunday shifts are the most hated shifts for wait staff. Sometimes they'll even tell you they're not tipping to your face becuse they're not going to support someone working on the Sabbath. Gee, maybe you should have made your own damn lunch, then.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.