Page 1 of 424 1231151101 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Toshabi

What Grinds Your Gears?

I hate family guy too, but that's a better way of saying pet peeves.

So weasyl, what exactly ticks you off about every day life? For me, I absolutely hate it when people crowd around the buttons in an elevator after they've pushed their button and stare at you like you're some perverted freak when you accidentally bump their titties while trying to move your hand around their body to push the floor you want to go to. MOVE YOUR ASS BITCH! >:[

I also hate how toasters have more than 2 settings. What's the point of having a power up to 10 if it means you're going to get charcoal!? BYE BYE BREAKFAST! >:[ Though, that does kind of remind me of this. BUT STILL! ARGH! I'M SO FRUSTRATED! >:[

-------------------------------------
    Editing to ensure everyone sees this warning

Mod Notice:
    Anyone that uses this thread to insult or call out other users will be infracted and banned from the use of this thread. There will be no other warnings. If you have a problem with someone take it to PMs, report it, or let it go.
    Last edited by Fay V; 08-14-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    "Should of."

>:C

Also "let's walk in one wide, sprawled-out pack, and move incredibly slowly while we take up the entire sidewalk." It's apparently the hip new thing.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Blatant ignorance and asspatting in the local news, as well as their jokes in poor taste. Somebody found a dead baby in the freezer? They had a headline for that, it was "a chilling find". More jokes about dead babies at eleven.

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    Blatant ignorance and asspatting in the local news, as well as their jokes in poor taste. Somebody found a dead baby in the freezer? They had a headline for that, it was "a chilling find". More jokes about dead babies at eleven.
    ... D:

D: D:

Why would you do that. When there is an actual dead baby. The hell?
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    (Not entirely everyday but still sorta) When people try to clap along to a song in semi-formal + concerts and programs. Because almost nobody in the audience ever has a good sense of tempo so they end up rushing and not only is it annoying but it can throw off the performers. Like, cmon guys. Is this really necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerock View Post
    ... I'm sincerely hoping that this sort of thing does not happen. But some part of me wouldn't be surprised... only horrified...

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    Also "let's walk in one wide, sprawled-out pack, and move incredibly slowly while we take up the entire sidewalk." It's apparently the hip new thing.
    It's even worse when it's in hallways >:C

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    The general theme of movies and TV to heavily censor anything remotely sexual, but let hideous violence slide. What are you trying to say? That a pair of tits is less socially acceptable than some guy getting his small intestine torn out by a freakish monster? I hate censorship in general, but at least do it in a way that makes a modicum of goddamn sense.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

It grinds my gears when people mislabel things that aren't pixel art as "pixel art".

You used a gradient? Not pixel art.
    You shaded by using a soft-edge brush? Not pixel art.
    You used a brush that is larger than 1pp and didn't refine what you drew? Not pixel art.
    You spliced sprites you did not make? NOT PIXEL ART, damnit! D:

Weasyl
    N/A
    Being told "I told you so" by people who have no business telling me what to do with my life. A classic example:

Grandmama Dearest: "I told you you should've done computers instead of antro- anthropopo- what was it?"
    Myself: "Anthropology"
    Grandmama Dearest: "I told you so"
    Myself: "What do either of those two field involve?"
    Grandmama Dearest: "..."

Also censorship of any kind. Sweet FUCK does the very idea annoy me, I want to call my fists Freedom & Expression and punch the people responsible >:I

Oh and being asked what's wrong with something after I just said I dont know what's wrong with it.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    ... D:

D: D:

Why would you do that. When there is an actual dead baby. The hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    ... I'm sincerely hoping that this sort of thing does not happen. But some part of me wouldn't be surprised... only horrified...
    They pull this shit all the damn time, then they have the gall to brag about how they're the best at what they do. Within ten minutes of the Boston marathon bombing, they were bragging that they had a coveted 'local connection' to the story, because somebody local fucking died.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I'm not entirely certain what to say, as most things that would manage to fend their way through my patience end up making me more disappointed/disgusted at someone than angry with them.

Things that are screwed on too tight. Ugh.