Page 157 of 424 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    BrazenBull
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    People get sleepy, people have work, people have classes.

I mean I understand staying up late, it's when my mind is clearest and I am most productive at night, but normally I go have to bed at 9:30, cause I have to wake up at 5:30 and get to class or work.

In that line though, being tired all the time grinds my gears. For whatever reason my body cannot adapt itself to waking up early in the morning, it doesn't matter if I've been going to bed and waking up at the same time for months, I still feel sick and like a brick of lead every morning, and exhausted before I've even been awake 10 hours if I have to wake up early. And I'm getting the "optimal" 8 hours.

Now if I could go to bed around 10-11 pm and wake up at 9-10 am instead, then I wouldn't feel so tired all the time, unfortunately society doesn't allow for that.
    How old are you? It took me until I was in my late 20s to be able to go to sleep at a reasonable time and to be able to get up at 6/7 AM. It helps to be in a good place mentally as well. Have you tried melatonin? Stuff worked wonders for me and my brother.

Quote Originally Posted by BrazenBull View Post
    How old are you? It took me until I was in my late 20s to be able to go to sleep at a reasonable time and to be able to get up at 6/7 AM. It helps to be in a good place mentally as well. Have you tried melatonin? Stuff worked wonders for me and my brother.
    I'm 27

I have used melatonin and lavender scents, although it doesn't always work when I'm having trouble getting to bed early. Lately falling asleep has been easy, it's the getting up at 5:30 that messes me up. I feel like a lead brick, and am so tired by 3 that it's a fight to not fall asleep then. (If I manage to not take a nap, I normally perk back up around 5, then again get tired at bed time).

I'm actually going to see if my health insurance covers sleep aids/sleep studies, cause I've got a strong suspicion that I'm one of those sorts who takes longer to get into deep restful sleep or, or one of those sorts who's natural rhythm is just a step later than everyone elses and there's nothing I can do but suffer.

On the weekends I still go to bed at 9:30ish, but since I don't set my alarm I wake up between 8:30 and 10:30, and wake up feeling relatively rested. My councilor noted that even if I do feel more rested that I'm sleeping too long...she agrees that I should get a sleep study if my insurance will allow for it.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Tybalt
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    People get sleepy, people have work, people have classes.
    that's a weird way to spell "leetle babies"

Weasyl
    Vae
    The feeling of an imminent panic attack / mental breakdown / whatever the shit you could call it.
    I know it's coming. I can see the signs. The little twitches and clenches and that pressure in my stomach. The way I'm holding my posture and raking my fingernails against the desk.

I don't want to go outside to smoke, because it's cold as shit, but I just might have to even if I do freeze my ass off.
    Dunno if it'll help, but it's probably better than nothing.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    Idiot, flippant co-workers that get themselves fired and fuck over everyone else still on staff. Turns what would have been a nice three days off, for once in forever, into another 7 day work week.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The idiots who designed the water system in this village. First day of big boy school and I cant get a shower, I hate facing the world all unclean. It's the one thing I demand of people, basic hygiene. Disgusting hypocrite :I

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Not being able to sleep because other people are being too loud.

Having a roommate sucks.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Why can't I sleep OHGOD

Some people are just jackoffs
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Selfish artists, why do they need money to live :V