Page 170 of 424 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    Man, they made you do cross-curricular in every lesson? D: My mentors/instructors just suggested throwing that in every couple of lessons or so.

And I get the idea of having to justify everything, but yeah, that got tiring. My middle school rotation mentor shrugged and said, "Honestly, the guidelines are so vague, if there's art and art history in a lesson, it's hard not to find a couple of standards that it fits." And I suppose once all of your lessons are written up, you're set for a while if you need to hand them to any administrators.

Middle schoolers were my favorite age group. High schoolers were pretty alright too. I still have nightmares where I wake up and I'm an elementary school teacher, though. Lots of tears for no reason oh god why. I am not cut out for dealing with little kids. Once they're old enough to appreciate dry humor, we're good, because that's about 80% of how I communicate.

I really respect any teacher who puts up with the shitty system and still manages to engage their students in the material. I had a few, and in retrospect, I don't know how they did it.
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Know what grinds my gears?

I'm taking a literary criticism class that has apparently become a women's studies class.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Know what grinds my gears?

I'm taking a literary criticism class that has apparently become a women's studies class.
    Had that recently. It bugged me because of the lack of variety. It was either a pro woman story or something gruesome. Like this one short story about a nazi throwing a baby against an electric fence.

Can we have some HAPPY stories or at least something comical?
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Kanagrooboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    Had that recently. It bugged me because of the lack of variety. It was either a pro woman story or something gruesome. Like this one short story about a nazi throwing a baby against an electric fence.

Pretty much my grind right here. Apparently you need to be all dark and brooding to be in any way, "interesting", and "deep".

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk

I dunno, I think throwing babies at electric fences sounds pretty comical already.

Weasyl
    N/A

I'd so attend if it was all about bad fanfics

then my own fanfics won't suck

Weasyl
    Saga
    This font. Why anyone uses still it I will never know.

Actuallly this could be much worse

It's not the font that's bad, it's the rampant improper use of it that is bad.

I can think of two places it has been used that are fine.

Order of the Stick (although Mr Burlew changed thefont he uses as of the new chapter)

It's easier for dyslexic readers to read. Although there are a couple of other fonts that are also good for dyslexic readers as well.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    This font. Why anyone uses still it I will never know.

Actuallly this could be much worse
    Best font :B

Anyway, I've been noticing this a lot more lately. People asking for their frames early. Now, I don't mind if it's like, a day early because there IS a chance that we caught up and got ahead.

But these people ask within a few days of ordering, some an entire WEEK before it's done. It's mainly their reactions when I say it's not done yet.
    "Oh, so you're waiting until the last minute?"
    "Oh, I thought you guys would be faster."

It's not like their due date is a mystery to them. One guy had called today knew that his was due in six days. His response was the second quote.

I explain it quite clearly beforehand that it's due on X date and/or we have a two week turn around. It's like they think they're the only people that we deal with.

THEN there's the people who will continue to call and bitch about it every day, interrupting our work. It's like we can either talk to you or work on your frame. We can't do both. Now let us get back to our work so you can have your god damned picture and fuck off.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    People who never stop being angry and will flip out over the tiniest, most insignificant things and then call people "lower-level scum" or anything similar for it, or say they deserve some sort of trauma or violence for it.

Shit's ridiculous and becoming more common. Blegh.