Page 401 of 424 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403411 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,010 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Joybit
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf-Bone View Post
    Even though I share the sentiment whole heartedly I can never not be just a bit more mad at the people working at those places who give even less fucks.
    I've actually worked as a cashier on an express lane for a couple years. I "reminded" people that it was an express if I caught them when they were getting in line and usually sent them away, but that was all I could do. I couldn't turn people away for any other reason unless I was short on change.
    Rinpoe the Ringtail Fox and Joybit the Rock Dove
    Live in this profile
    --> 01B6D8CF <--

Quote Originally Posted by Joybit View Post
    I've actually worked as a cashier on an express lane for a couple years. I "reminded" people that it was an express if I caught them when they were getting in line and usually sent them away, but that was all I could do. I couldn't turn people away for any other reason unless I was short on change.
    I wasn't really even thinking of long lines and stuff. Stuff like that I do tend to blame more on the company and maybe technology (namely the over reliance on it) more than the employees. What I blame employees for is, say, when you buy a game or movie and find out you just bought an empty package. Or when you bring the groceries home and find several items missing that you know for fact got scanned because it says there on the damn receipt. Or how about the employees that, to use one example, dump the trials and tribulations of their job on you while you're just trying to get the crap you need to get you through your own job and life. Like, dude, I worked retail, I worked in a call center, and I don't like feeling like a retail employee again when I go into a store let alone have to relive my call center days of being your personal therapist. I damn sure don't need y'all (and by extension the company, unfortunately) basically stealing from me and making me have to go back to fight them for my own crap I paid for.

By the way I'm thinking mostly of Wal-Mart here, but they're not the only offenders just the biggest and unfortunately least avoidable.

Weasyl
    Antumbra
    Peas. The most evil of vegetables. You eat 10, then suddenly 20 took its place. Damn things could solve world hunger if they also didn't taste like crap

Quote Originally Posted by Albino Axolotl View Post
    Selfies.
    In the wrong places.

Weasyl
    Sidewalk Surfboard
    The fact that school starts in 12 days, and yet my mom and I still haven't gone supply/clothes shopping.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    still grounded....
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Viciviser
    Being a freaking night owl myself while finding I am living in the early bird's world.
    Scanning... Scanning...

- -INFORMATION RETRIEVED- -
    Viciviser - Satyr Cyclops mutant
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 146 lbs
    Sleep levels: 4 hour to 12 hour range. Has strange ability to lie in bed for hours and repeatedly fall back asleep when the sun is up.
    Maneuverability: Decent dexterity considering. Inflexible. Randomly awkward. Chronically bad posture.
    FUNCTIONALITY: 22% in waking world. DANGER LEVELS. 88% output at night when everyone else is asleep.
    Adaptability: 20% chance of shifting to day routine. 12% chance of staying with it for more than a week. 8% for over a month.

Weasyl
    N/A
    How dumb I am. Finally added my one friend on steam (we only emailed eachother before) & he got talking political/history stuff and well, I basically had to say for him to use smaller words and that I hardly understand anything he's talking about. That's what I get for not paying attention in school, biting me in the ass now urg.

History, science, math, geography <- 0 knowledge on any. -.- So ticked with myself.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    -.- i slaked off in school and now its biteing me in the arse... once again you think God dont care about you slacking off then BAM! he makes you get back to work one way or anouther...
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    How dumb I am. Finally added my one friend on steam (we only emailed eachother before) & he got talking political/history stuff and well, I basically had to say for him to use smaller words and that I hardly understand anything he's talking about. That's what I get for not paying attention in school, biting me in the ass now urg.

History, science, math, geography <- 0 knowledge on any. -.- So ticked with myself.
    I know how that feels. My friends often talk about geology, history, all that jazz... Stuff I have little to no clue about. D:
    On the bright side, I can usually sit back and try to learn something from the conversation. Can't do that if it's one-on-one though. >>;

OT: NPCs in videogames who get in the way and won't move. (Not counting ones that are blocking the way purposefully... I'm talking about ones that just wander in front of something you need to get to.)

Also, when people say "yush" or "nuu" instead of "yes" and "no" on a regular basis, and even in serious conversation... I find it strange when people, sometimes people older than I am, act like small children... I haven't even heard actual children speak like that, actually...

I'm not sure if I mentioned this last one before, but it really bugs me when people message me (PM, text, Skype, whatever), with "pokes", "hey", or "hi", and nothing else. (IMO, "poke" and "pokes" are the worst. I don't even answer those anymore.) There's really nothing to go off there. I prefer when people put a question in a greeting somewhere ("how are you?" "how's it going?", and even "what's up?" do the job), to at least try and start a conversation. Otherwise it just feels like they're saying, "I want to talk to you, but can't be bothered to type more than one word!"
    But I think that's just me. I've got so many of these messages before, and I don't like having to come up with the conversation on my own. :/

Another thing that bugs me, but not nearly as much as the thing I said above, is when someone asks me a question in a chat and doesn't stick around to hear the answer, haha.