Page 397 of 424 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4237

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What Grinds Your Gears?

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    People that buy lineart base and try to make money off selling those stuffs recolored over and over.

Pieces made only to be rushed, mass produced, sold and completely forgotten are worth nothing compared to one where you actually put effort and love into.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    i hate it when you send someone a message and then even after about a week they dont respond to it.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Socks the Fox View Post
    Here's a tip: High school doesn't matter, socially. All the "cool" kids end up with crap jobs, and all the "weird" kids end up with also crap jobs. Guess which of you will still have something fun?
    Forgive me if I sound impertinent, but I cannot help but feel that this comment sounds unnecessarily fatalistic and irrationally pessimistic. I feel pity for individuals who have such sentiments about their youthful past, especially their experience in school, as they sound as if they were deprived of the several fulfilling experiences and pleasures one would have during such times, especially high school.

Also, I dare say that it is very unhealthy to generalize, and I would like to say that your generalization is wrong, too.
    Personally, I have made many invaluable friendships throughout my high school years that last even now, with people I came to refer to as "close friends" with whom I spend time together, sharing experiences and sessions of endless laughter, as well as compassion for the hardships of one another. Not to mention that high school opened me many opportunities, as I took part in conferences, public speaking events, it was also the time I met the historical reenactment association I am now part of, and many other things, not to mention the teachers' and colleagues' support in my passions.
    There is also a friend of mine who is, at this very moment, on her way to her dream job thanks to her high school. A programming firm sent career advertisements at her school, which she picked up immediately, and at this moment, she is doing internship/half-norm job at one of the programming firms here in my town while still studying in High School. What matters is that she has a guaranteed job, her dream job open before her.
    And there are many who share my path, indubitably.

High school matters socially; It sculpts you as a person, as a character, and it opens many opportunities for you to grasp and cherish later in your life. It is entirely your fault if you fail to grasp these opportunities. Nobody has to end with "crap" jobs or regret their life in high school. Personally, I cherish it.

Weasyl
    MalevolentMask
    Welp, I went to get a physical check up and figured out I have lax ligaments in my wrist and knees, my right wrist (my drawing hand) being the worst. To check this the doctor manipulated my thumb area rather roughly and since then my wrist has been bothering me. >:'C

They had recommended me seeing a physical therapist but my parents are convinced that I can handle this on my own. Despite me pretty much trying everything on my own to help myself. I REALLY need professional help, especially with the risk that if I harm said wrist I could do some serious damage because of the lax ligament.

They pretty much said the same thing to me when I wanted to have a therapist when I got out of school (because I would no longer be able to see the one on campus) annnnd i'm still having trouble with depression, anxiety etc. I've had bouts of hallucinations and suicidal thoughts and I just find it sad to think that one of the main reasons i'm excited to get back to school is to be able to see a therapist again.

Man, I can't wait until i'm out of this house and able to actually do shit for myself. While I appreciate my parents supporting me they're also holding me back from bettering my physical and mental health. :///

If I knew they were going to be like this I wouldn't have even brought it up with the doctor knowing he would mess around with it. OTL
    Last edited by Malevolentmask; 08-25-2015 at 09:16 AM.

Weasyl
    lilshark
    Having an otherwise amazing job that makes it incredible difficult for even the smallest of pay raises. Yes I understand why you want to have our pay based on our sales but when you base that pay on an overall average that is determined by everyone's sales, it makes it pretty much impossible for anyone to move up to the next pay tier without an extremely amazing stroke of luck.

I love my job, I love how it challenges me but I could really use the extra money to help pay off my debt and loans but at this rate I don't see it happening any time soon

Weasyl
    Vae
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduard View Post
    It is entirely your fault if you fail to grasp these opportunities. Nobody has to end with "crap" jobs or regret their life in high school. Personally, I cherish it.
    I spent the later half of highschool going through constant panic attacks, and being so tripped up on the meds that they gave me to control it, that I couldn't even make it to school or function the way I was supposed to the majority of the time.
    Much less trying to "grasp opportunities" and socialize and whatnot. I was just trying to survive.
    Don't assume it's someone's fault if they haven't had as much luck with these experiences as you or the people you've known.

I think the general idea of highschool is highly romanticized, in general.
    You can do things, but you also lack a lot of ability to do things. It's like adult-lite. You're being burdened with the pressures of deciding your future, when you're not even old enough (legally) to have been through many of the experiences that would (and should) normally influence your decisions about the future.
    But nope, gotta decide that shit RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW HURRY HURRY HURRY GET PERFECT GRADES GO OFF TO COLLEGE GO IN DEBT GOTTA DO IT RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW!!!!
    A lot of these kids don't even know how to make their own payments on stuff.

The whole thing is kind of really fucked up, IMO.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Domnul Eduard
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    I spent the later half of highschool going through constant panic attacks, and being so tripped up on the meds that they gave me to control it, that I couldn't even make it to school or function the way I was supposed to the majority of the time.
    Much less trying to "grasp opportunities" and socialize and whatnot. I was just trying to survive.
    Don't assume it's someone's fault if they haven't had as much luck with these experiences as you or the people you've known.

I think the general idea of highschool is highly romanticized, in general.
    You can do things, but you also lack a lot of ability to do things. It's like adult-lite. You're being burdened with the pressures of deciding your future, when you're not even old enough (legally) to have been through many of the experiences that would (and should) normally influence your decisions about the future.
    But nope, gotta decide that shit RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW HURRY HURRY HURRY GET PERFECT GRADES GO OFF TO COLLEGE GO IN DEBT GOTTA DO IT RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW!!!!
    A lot of these kids don't even know how to make their own payments on stuff.

The whole thing is kind of really fucked up, IMO.
    You know, I personally possess the decency not to presume that others are more "lucky" than me, or that they have less of a handicap or no problems in life, just because they had the courtesy and dignity to keep these personal problems to themselves. I simply find it wrong to adopt this form of prejudice...

...And for good reasons.

Firstly, because this mentality prevents me from improving myself.
    Secondly, because it can simply be hurtful and heinous to presume so, especially when there are those who despite their great difficulties in life, fight these difficulties rather than complaining to others about them just to grasp the opportunities I said above.

No, it is never about luck. It is about strength of will and perseverance.
    And we all try to survive, after all.

And I dare say, you are always burdened with the pressure of seizing a path towards your future. After all, you have to start somewhere, right? Right? But when exactly would you like to begin thinking/deciding upon your future? After all, in order to build that future of yours, you also need to learn a number of skills towards its fulfillment, something Highschool can help you quite a lot at.
    If people want success in life, they must be ready to brace for sacrifice and pressure. If they cannot withstand those, how can they expect to ever reach "success"? Surely we cannot expect to be fed by the straw all our lives, is that so?

Highschool does offer you a lot of experiences, experiences which help you shape your future. But it is also your parents' job, and above all, your own personal job, to acquire experiences for your future.
    Highschool might seem as an early start, but you have to build from somewhere, right? You cannot expect to build the roof first. You start with the foundation. And the earlier you start with it, the greater your house can be.

It is true that you can change the way you want your future to be after Highschool, or years after whatever other event in your life, and maybe you have another dream, want another job. Certainly, you can work towards does.
    However, my point is that there is nothing "fucked up" about highschool
    Last edited by Eduard; 08-25-2015 at 04:06 PM.

Weasyl
    LazerMaster5
    I had to read the first chapter of my economics textbook as part of my homework, and I felt more bored than I have ever felt reading any other textbook. Even math books are more fun, at least they try to add graphics and stuff.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Highschool is all about learning what you truly want and building connection. No other place offers you so many paper saying "WANT TO TRY DOING THIS WHILE YOU STILL CAN?" To quote a person important to me.

"Your time in school is when you compete with yourself to find the road to success. The moment you leave that place, most of your road will be gone. You will now be spending most of your time to compete with other that you won't be able to see those roads anymore."

Real success come from tackling new obstacle and breaking through boundary. Same goes to College. You're supposed to start building connection through your beloved friends and professors to secure a job. Trying to land a 4.0 won't do you shit if you can't get a job in the end because anyone can get a paper but not everyone can produce. Not to mention the world needs people that think outside the box now, not people who can do what the book tells them to do.

Unable to use your high school and university life to the fullest is entirely that person's fault because they suck at planning in the first place. School courses are like offering a person 50 books to look through. If you decide to read all 50 instead of picking a couple you will truly need, you fucked up. School may seem BS but the students way of thinking toward life is the real fuck up here. This is why I still stand by my "GPA is just a number and building something I am truly interested in ASAP is how I will be successful."

There is no luck. Only skill and devotion. If a person has the money to go to a school, eat and play on the internet all day, he's already luckier than majority of the people in the first place. It's the person's fault because he decides to waste all those luck playing shits like LoL 7 hours a day instead and is finally regretting it now. (RIP my highschool life laying games 5-8 hours a day. Could have spent those on drawing.)

===

I hate it when your game isn't insanely popular. The people can't tell when something you draw is a fan art and just decline it when you want to submit to a fan art folder. I guess I'm stuck the same popular char over and over again if I want to submit them.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Tipsy bitches spilling drinks, walking home looking like I pissed myself.

I think you and Ed are kinda missing Sock's or Vaes' points, but idk I can't think right now...
    Last edited by Kurk2288; 08-26-2015 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typos